DARK SOULS

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The download for Iron King is out but not available for purchase on PSN yet. So no access quite yet.

Edit: You can access the area behind the Old Iron King Primal Bonfire. It is a doorway in the back wall. You can access the area via the fountain in the room but until we get the item from the purchase we can't actually go beyond the door. Parking my ass there for the night to be ready for tomorrow.

tumblr_lw04bi0lvT1r6kaiuo1_500.png

Last edited:

RoboJoe

The download for Iron King is out but not available for purchase on PSN yet. So no access quite yet.

Edit: You can access the area behind the Old Iron King Primal Bonfire. It is a doorway in the back wall. You can access the area via the fountain in the room but until we get the item from the purchase we can't actually go beyond the door. Parking my ass there for the night to be ready for tomorrow.

It has been up for purchase on xbl for a while now. People are already playing it.

Pictured Mind

Just completed my SL3 sorcerer playthrough. Damn, that was... something. Probably the most fun I've had in the Souls series for a long time.

PuertoRicanStyL

I'm getting rocked pretty hard on that 'two bosses at the same time' fight in Anor Londo, lol. I only attempted it bout three times. But I didn't get far at all each time. I went as far as to go human and look for help, only to be invaded. Least dude had the courtesy to bow before and after the battle, hahah. Was pretty cool.

I had to back out of the Tomb of the Giants. I made it to the bonfire by the human, and just kept dying against those giant skeleton dog things. I just don't have the vitality to take any hits, on top of having to fight them in the dark, using the lock on thing to determine when to roll/dodge. If I had Cast Light, that'd help a ton. But ima still need more vitality too, I'm sure. I don't really just want to run past em. I killed the black knight though and got his Halberd :D Bastard came out of left field the first time I ran into him. Scared the hek outa me, hahah. And I got that ring that gives extra souls too. That helped a lot with farming in Anor.

I feel kinda bad for spoiling myself on a lot of things in this game. Like knowing about the Sif fight before I got there. Woulda been a hek of a thing to randomly come across that. Pretty bad ass. Just did that fight.. But at the same time, it helped me find a lot of items I would have missed, and pass certain parts. God knows where I'd be stuck at and what ida missed if people didn't upload YouTube stuff and I didn't watch the videos I did.

Ima try not to do the same thing in Dark Souls 2 though. I only hope the single player experience is good in that one. I kinda read that a somewhat different team worked on that one. And lots of the original team had different roles in making DS2. Is what it is though. I'm getting it some time in the future regardless, and will just form my own opinion, hahah.

*UPDATE*
Beat those two! Only because I randomly came across some kind of summon symbol to summon a NPC. I think/pretty sure it was that dude from waaayyy back, that was hangin out at the bridge where the red dragon was. He was just looking at the sun over there. Dam did that make that fight 10 times easier. Thank you so much to the person who came up with the idea to put that there, and to whoever gave the go ahead to put it in the game. Also didn't expect to see what I saw at the top of that room either. Was pretty epic. One thing that came across my mind was "dem some big tatas" lol. Nah, seriously though, was sweet. Nothin like experiencing things in this for the first time without knowing about it. You just can't duplicate that once you've already seen and/or know about it.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Majestic Greatsword is my new main weapon. Glad to have Abyss Greatsword back (and it has a badass powerstance L2 with Greatswords and, oddly, straight swords).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The Moonlight Sword should've been the most powerful in the game. Actually came from Otogi, my favorite From Software game ever.

RoboJoe

The Moonlight Sword should've been the most powerful in the game. Actually came from Otogi, my favorite From Software game ever.

It would make sense, since IIRC it has always been the most powerful weapon in King's Field. For a while it was also the most powerful in DS2, but it got nerfed. The Sword of Moonlight has been in FROM's games since at least 1994, it predates Otogi by a decade. Cool, huh?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Otogi takes place at an earlier date I'm history I believe so there's that. Also Otogi was much cooler to me.

Lagstab

Lol, funny how I'm just now becoming aware of this thread.
Only because of my narcissistic tendencies, which drove me to search my own name.

proceed.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So I upgraded my bandit axe to max level, kinda did it on accident was expecting to get stopped and then have to pick some element like in DKS1. Think I'm going to work on the crescent axe next, good moveset better range

Also does bleed work well in PvE, I'm planning on doing a katana build. I had one earlier but they nerfed magic into oblivion right after I used my Soul Vessel to create my dual swordsman/sorcerer

RoboJoe

So I upgraded my bandit axe to max level, kinda did it on accident was expecting to get stopped and then have to pick some element like in DKS1. Think I'm going to work on the crescent axe next, good moveset better range

Also does bleed work well in PvE, I'm planning on doing a katana build. I had one earlier but they nerfed magic into oblivion right after I used my Soul Vessel to create my dual swordsman/sorcerer

Katanas no longer have natural bleed and bleed also works differently in this game. In DKS2, procuring bleed on someone does a flat 200 damage and cuts their stamina bar in half for 15 seconds or so. Useless in PvE because enemies are not affected by the stamina drain.

PuertoRicanStyL

Hilarious video I stumbled across (actually, it was in my "what to watch" section, hahah). I won't post the other two parts, just to save space on the forum that has.... infinite space. And cause more loading time. Or something. But, there's a second and third part to this. I apologize in advance if this was already posted. It's been out since last October.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD