DEAD OR ALIVE 2 Modding tutorials and discussion

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, the only way in retro DOA2 to get true random stage select is to return to character select and select random.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It's really interesting to see the DOA1-2 connection. Saturn ACTCODE values still relevant in 2 DC/PS2. (Why wouldn't they be? Still a neat find.)

Here we see Hayabusa doing 0x0005 which is listed as CMD_RUN in the Saturn sourcecode snippet.

GPSbpyi.png

BankaiPrimera

1. Example:I want to remove this part of ein's jacket View attachment 31465
  2. Open XPR Texturer an open the xpr of that model you want to remove the texture
  3. After you opened it there's this list of OBJs, you can see the 3d model of that OBJ thanks to Greed XplorerView attachment 31466View attachment 31467
  4. Select the "MAT:XX Texture X:XX" section of that texture and then click "Remove material(Lumen)" to remove that texture et Voilà!View attachment 31468
  5. Back up the original XPR first if the texture removed wasn't the one that you wanted to remove
The rar File also Includes xprexpbuild and catexpbuild.

Thanks so much for all your work and the information!

Im trying to remove or replace a texture/model, on a specific skin. For example, I don't like the way the shoes look on Kasumi 79 costume (from the dataDVD.afs). After removing the specific textures, wouldn't it better to replace the model (of the feet) all together? How would I do that?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Search for
Code:
02 1E E3 2C 62 33 32 00
and replace with
Code:
02 63 E3 2C 62 33 32 00
to increase the combo limit from 30 to 99.

I0KjDaF.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD