News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
So, if it's all consoles, are we getting new characters? So, no Nyo stand alone, they're pulling a Cashcom move? Or we seeing more VF'ers? (Eileen please!)

Man the PS3 version is gonna be desolate as fuck online without all the people from core fighters... anyway I'll be skipping this one.

spring 2015 i already stacked for me as far as game releases go so unless theres another core fighters i'll be skipping out on this one until it hits bargain bin prices. TN already got my money twice, no way im biting a 3rd time

So it's going to be on four consoles? Unless they've somehow mastered the art of cross-platform play, I have a bad feeling the online community is going to get pretty divided. Not to mention the fact that everyone will have to worry about what controllers/adapters to bring to each event even more, now.

Great point Brute, but maybe DOA will at least have a free-to-play element attached to Microsoft as well now?

Anyway... I'm excited. They could make the Last Round font look less photoshopped though.

I'm excited. If we get the same amount of changes that DOA5 to DOA5U got then we can expect new stages, characers ,and gameplay changes. Hopefully DOA2 stages this time :). It's better that we get an updated DOA5 then to wait another 3 years or so for DOA6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD