Dead or Alive 5 LAST ROUND Weight Classes

PhoenixVFIRE

They should be the same weight. Hitboxes make things wonky, though. A common one is Leifang's BT combos near walls. Like if you do 214T with your back to the wall or a mid kick hold facing the wall, you can do 3P 64P 6PP 33PKKK on male characters, Christie, and Sarah. Otherwise, you have to do 3PP6PP instead of 33PKK and lose a bit of damage. 33PKKK will work on Bass but not Alpha.
Hrm... wow >_> that's good to know, thank you ^_^~

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
They should be the same weight. Hitboxes make things wonky, though. A common one is Leifang's BT combos near walls. Like if you do 214T with your back to the wall or a mid kick hold facing the wall, you can do 3P 64P 6PP 33PKKK on male characters, Christie, and Sarah. Otherwise, you have to do 3PP6PP instead of 33PKK and lose a bit of damage. 33PKKK will work on Bass but not Alpha.

That's because he's fat and has his own specific combos. It's best not to use him and instead go for Bayman or Rachel for practicing super heavy combos and setups.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Oh, it works on every other male character too. And Sarah and Christie.

EDIT: But I have gotten some Gen Fu weight combos to work on him by hitting with late active frames on the launcher. It's pretty jokes. Also completely impractical 'cause it requires the other guy to not slow escape and not hold.

Codemaster92163

Thanks. I'm sad to see they didn't stealth buff Nyotengu's weight for LR

I was honestly expecting for that to be, if she had gotten any, the one buff she'd receive. I still don't understand their logic behind giving her abysmal speed AND making her a midweight, but eh, I'll deal.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I didn't see Raidou listed. He's a superheavyweight character. All of the juggles that I have for all of the other weight classes whiff on him except for the universal juggles & the superheavyweight specific juggles with Kasumi.

Even 6K PPKK will hit on him, but not Rachel from 236T out in open floor (LMMFAO xD)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I didn't see Raidou listed. He's a superheavyweight character. All of the juggles that I have for all of the other weight classes whiff on him except for the universal juggles & the superheavyweight specific juggles with Kasumi.

Even 6K PPKK will hit on him, but not Rachel from 236T out in open floor (LMMFAO xD)

He was listed right after Rachel. You may not have his new smilie though. If you're in chrome hit ctrl+f5 to get the new sprite sheet: :cyborg:

Goten21

No wonder I always struggled keeping Rachel in the air :rachel:

Fat bich
anigif_enhanced-buzz-7617-1378778105-9.gif

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
@Mr. Wah, I have a feeling that Christie in leaning very close to being a cruiser weight. I've been comparing some stuff between her and the other mid-weights and a few things seem to be inconsistent:

:bass: Normal hit :3::3::P:
:christie: :h::+::P: doesn't work unless it's done from max range. :6::K::P: only works from close range hits (very inconsistent from mid range). Max range gives nothing but the full :3::3::P:*delay*:P: and the air-throw
:jannlee: All above options work regardless of hit range.
:zack: :h::+::P: works consistently if :3::3::P: is buffered with little to no pause.
:ein: Similar to Christie however more consistent thanks to his size.
======
:bass: Counter hit :3::3::P:
:christie: :6::K::P: into vortex works consistently unless it's performed at max range or there is a slight elevation or on slopes.
:jannlee: :6::K::P: into ground vortex results in Bass whiffing since he's launched too high.
:zack: :6::K::P: vortex only fails if :3::3::P: is done at max range.
:ein: Same as above.

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening and speculate that it may be a hurt box factor since Jann Lee is much taller and easier to hit. However, based on what happened after a counter hit launch into a vortex and the different results, I'm more inclined to believe that Jann Lee is a light-mid weight character while Christie is almost a cruiser weight as she is hardest to whiff this mixup on. Ein is close, but him and Zack are more similar than Christie is to Ein.

:christie: & :helena: are very similar in this regard as they are both launched around the same height and have the same oki setups. The only difference between the two is their priority, which gives you different options to use against each character after a vortex.

So, is Christie a cruiser and Jann Lee a light-mid-weight (welter) or is he somewhere between welter and mid weight?

And most importantly, why the fucking fuck is Christie this heavy considering her priority and her existing defensive options (JAK and small hurtbox moves)?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just stumbled upon the thread again just for the sake of very small update since I don't see her lol. Naotora is middle though not exactly sure where. Tested certain mid combos stance related with Akira and works fine with all the middle listed, but whiffs on the last hit for Naotora. I take it she's Cruiser?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just stumbled upon the thread again just for the sake of very small update since I don't see her lol. Naotora is middle though not exactly sure where. Tested certain mid combos stance related with Akira and works fine with all the middle listed, but whiffs on the last hit for Naotora. I take it she's Cruiser?

Is this also the case with Christie and/or Helena/GenFu? I was also testing something for myself, so I appreciate if you can confirm something on your end.

Lulu

In my experience Combos whiff against Christie because of her Tiny Hurt Box, not her weight..... as for Gen Fu and Helena.... yeah they're definitely not Mids......

Hipefully we can get this Naotora thing sorted.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD