News Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round will be at Evo 2018

img.jpg

If there's one major tournament that many have hoped that Dead Or Alive 5 would have had a presence in, it's none other than Evo. Now, Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round is finally making it to the big game.

DOA series producer Yosuke Hayashi and director Yohei Shimbori have posted the ff. message announcing the game's return to the biggest stage of them all.

To the DOA fans and fighting game fans, thanks to you all we are proudly announcing that DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round will take part in the world’s largest fighting game festival Evo.

5 years have passed since the DOA5 series started and it’s been played by more than 10 million gamers. Meanwhile, the DOA community has expanded to become larger than ever before.

To proceed to the next stage, we announced the end of the DOA5 series in December, but to my surprise the god of fighting games has given us another chance to let players enjoy this franchise at an event once more.

Though it’s a side tournament, the fact that DOA is joining Evo itself is key, and something which we have been longing for over 10 years.

So, I hope you will join and enjoy the show!

As part of this, they will be giving out some exclusive merchandise at the event.

The last time DOA as a series was a main game at Evo, was with Dead Or Alive 4 - not exactly the best showing for the franchise.

After this, the series has struggled to actually make the cut (despite all the improvements of 5), and has only ever been a side tournament.

While this outing is, once again, as a side tournament, Evo 2018 is arguably the best it's ever been for side tournaments. This years outing has one of the biggest line ups ever of side tournaments, and, more importantly, side tournaments now have a chance at getting stage and stream time.

Players looking to compete at DOA5: Last Round's debut at Evo can register over at the official Evo site. After this, a separate registration for those competing in the game will be held at the event.

Source: Team NINJA, via Shoryuken

I'm glad they're letting Players Registered On Site... they did spring this on us out of no where... and being able to register late helps people who need to make some last minute adjustments.

amazing news
and I heard some rumors from a fomer KT art-work that they started DOA6 project in early 2018
so... let‘’s see E3 and EVO,maybe there would be a PV...or something
PS:and so did NIOH2,but no NG

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD