Dead Or Alive 5 Patch Changes

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
DOA5 received a patch, and I'd like this thread to help me list out all the changes. I've already tested a few things which will be listed below. I'll also be editing this thread as time progresses.

Patched Game Changes
  • Better netcode stability.
  • Voice language setting now saves in the save file.
  • No more 1 round ranked matches.
  • Connection bar shows in non lobby matches.
  • Side Step glitch has been fixed.
  • People no longer enter the wrong lobby.
  • Slowdown from throwdown is gone.
  • AI has been adjusted to react slower on higher difficulties
  • Fixed glitch where the game freezes from backing out of a search.
  • Fixed bug where skipping a command then clearing would halt progress during Lisa’s and Tina’s command training.
  • Power Blow settings carry over when resetting position in training mode.
  • Titles can now be removed at the Mission title set screen with the △ button.
  • Changed the hit reaction to certain attacks when hitting a downed opponent. (Mila Infinite)
  • Improved the game screen freezing after the start of a match when playing Versus, Arcade or Training mode with challenges on. (May still occur depending on the connection environment)
  • When accepting a challenge during the final stage of arcade mode, then returning to offline play after the match, the final stage no longer repeats without a mode clear, nor does the game freeze.
  • Your opponent’s cursor is no longer displayed in the menu after a rank match, simple match, or challenge match.
  • Your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed on the character select menu next to their account name. 5 good ⇔ 1 bad
  • During a match, your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed next their opponent name.
  • Opponent’s account name and connection speed are now displayed next to the challenge icon.
  • Lobby match search results now are sorted in order of connection speed.
  • During an online match, input delay and laggy character movement due your connection with the opponent is less likely to occur. (Still may occur depending on the connection status between players)
  • Skill info and move lists during online versus are now set to always off.
Patched Character Changes
  • Mila's :2::P: only connects twice then causes quick recovery. Infinite Fixed.
  • Tina's :2::H+P: changed from +5 to ±0 and doesn't link together while opponent is grounded. Infinite Fixed.
  • Ayane's :6::6::K::K::4: is now +1
Not Patched Game Changes
  • Story mode has all of its information and tips reference the default control style regardless of the player's controller layout.
  • The player can set a function to only one button making it impossible to set, for example, Hold to two buttons.
Not Patched Character Changes
  • Jann Lee's :6::H+K: doesn't break critical state at the end of critical threshold, and :9::K: after :6::H+K: initiates critical stun does not count towards critical stun damage

DR2K

No more 1 round in ranked matches
Connection bar shows in non lobby matches
Ayane's 66kk4 is now +1
Better netcode stability

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
Dont know if its just me but it feels like the input lag seems to be kinda gone. Thats atleast what it feels like.

It's possible, I didn't think about testing it yet but I'll do it later tonight when i'm on my desktop to capture gameplay.

qoodname

It's possible, I didn't think about testing it yet but I'll do it later tonight when i'm on my desktop to capture gameplay.
Yeah would be nice if someone could actually test it. Cant tell if they really fixed it or i am just imagining things though.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can someone check the following for me? I don't have it yet and am at work:

• Bass' Attitude Adjustment/Fireman's Carry guarantees a free 2H+P ground throw
  • Bass' PK has the same properties as 3K on crouching opponent
  • Bayman's 6PK2K (I think that's the notation) is no longer -8 on normal hit
  • Hayate's 66PP (no charge) is no longer normal throw punishable after the 66P, regardless if Hayate was mashing P to get to the next string.
  • Hayate's BT 4K sit-down stuns.
  • Hayabusa's 3H+K / PP4PK / 4PK no longer track

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I have not been online yet. I've only been in training mode testing every character's frame data so if someone can confirm it thanks.

DR2K

• Hayate's 66PP (no charge) is no longer normal throw punishable after the 66P, regardless if Hayate was mashing P to get to the next string.

None of these are in the changelog.

According to the change log the SS glitch has been fixed, you no longer enter the wrong lobby, the slowdown from throwdown is gone, the AI has been adjusted to react slower on higher difficulties, they removed the glitch where the game freezes from backing out of a search.

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
Can someone check the following for me? I don't have it yet and am at work.

• Bass' Attitude Adjustment/Fireman's Carry guarantees a free 2H+P ground throw (Can't seem to find the inputs for both moves lol did they change the name?)
  • Bass' PK has the same properties as 3K on crouching opponent (Everything is the same but frames, PK is 14/-17 and 3K is 15/-30. I do not know if any of this is different so just keep me informed.)
  • Bayman's 6PK2K (I think that's the notation) is no longer -8 on normal hit. (It's 16/+20, I do not know if any of this is different so just keep me informed.)
  • Hayate's 66PP (no charge) is no longer normal throw punishable after the 66P, regardless if Hayate was mashing P to get to the next string. (It's throw punishable.)
  • Hayate's BT 4K sit-down stuns. (Doesn't cause sit-down)
  • Hayabusa's 3H+K / PP4PK / 4PK no longer track. (All have tracking)
I do not know where to place these if there are changes to them so please inform me and i'll up date it on the list.

ScattereDreams

Hayate's BT 4K sit down stuns on CH.
Hayabusa's 3F+K/4PK/PP4PK still tracks
If opponent is crouching, Bass PK will not sit down stun like 3k
Bass Fireman doesn't guarantee anything

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Don't worry about my list, just wanted to see if they addressed those. It does seem that aside from Ayane's nerf to +1 on 66KK4 and the infinites, this was mainly a system patch and not a balance patch as those changes would have done.

Scornwell

Does anyone have a link to the changelog? Sounds like it's mostly online feature fixes and a nerf to Ayane...

Legend

1. Fixed bug where skipping a command then clearing would halt progress during La Mariposa’s and Tina’s command training.
2. Adjusted the AI’s excessively fast reactions to player attacks on hard difficulty.
3. Power Blow settings carry over when resetting position in training mode.
4. Position reset can now be performed by pressing SELECT + R2 at the same time.
5. Titles can now removed at the Mission title set screen with the △ button.
6. Ayane’s Tenryukyaku~back turn (→→KK←), Kikkaryukyaku~back turn (Back stance PP→KK←) are changed from +7 on guard to +1.
7. Tina’s down throw (face up & towards legs, face down & towards head) at completion is changed from +5 to ±0.
8. Changed the hit reaction to certain attacks when hitting a downed opponent.
9. Voice language settings now save.
10. Fixed bug where the game would not advance when searching for an online opponent then canceling.
11. Improved the game screen freezing after the start of a match when playing Versus, Arcade or Training mode with challenges on. (May still occur depending on the connection environment)
12. Fixed bug where the wrong lobby may be joined when selecting a lobby from the lobby match search.
13. Fixed bug where sidestep and button settings would reset during online versus.
14. When accepting a challenge during the final stage of arcade mode, then returning to offline play after the match, the final stage no longer repeats without a mode clear, nor does the game freeze.
15. When canceling a search for an opponent, the cancel will go through, unless an error occurs.
16. Your opponent’s cursor is no longer displayed in the menu after a rank match, simple match, or challenge match.
17. Your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed on the character select menu next to their account name. 5 good ⇔ 1 bad
18. During a match, your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed next their opponent name.
19. Opponent’s account name and connection speed are now displayed next to the challenge icon.
20 Lobby match search results now are sorted in order of connection speed.
21. During an online match, input delay and laggy character movement due your connection with the opponent is less likely to occur. (Still may occur depending on the connection status between players)
22. Because displaying skill info and move lists during online versus can cause a drop in connection quality, they are now set to always off.
23. Ranked matches can no longer be set to 1 round.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/patch/1015.html

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD