Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosty-J

Just noticed in the character section there's room for one more character portrait after the "NEXT". I really hope the character reveals don't end with Leon and the next character D:

Sam Sultan

At the characters section it is being said that Ein is a good character for players new to DOA which means that he will be doing allot of damage and will not have very difficult or complex strings. Which then means that Ein will be most likely exactly how he was in DOA4 with some minor changes.
On another note i just realized how devastating Jacky will be in DOA hes move list is amazing and from the looks of it most of his moves will put you in deep stuns and he will most likely have allot of natural combos so a great characters for people with not very strong mind game.

Raansu

I'll laugh if they make Ein's 4k launch on NH again. In DoA4 they nerfed it so it just knocked you over on NH.

Emulsion

That new haircut Christie seems to have. I wonder if you will be able to switch between that shorter cut and what she has now, similar to how you can change Kasumi's hair style.

Xernuht

Why does everybody else think the 14th piece of that ultra-sexy DLC whatever's going to be for a girl?

My money's on Ein.

Pokerking87

That new haircut Christie seems to have. I wonder if you will be able to switch between that shorter cut and what she has now, similar to how you can change Kasumi's hair style.

I am sure it would be same like now with Kasumi, Fang and Helena! Pressing the L1 or R1 Button and for 360 Player LB & RB!

Number 13

Couple more Forest Screenshots I don't think was posted that was on the official site when it was updated.

pic_forest_01.jpg

pic_forest_02.jpg

Emmanuel

Just noticed in the character section there's room for one more character portrait after the "NEXT". I really hope the character reveals don't end with Leon and the next character D:
as the original roster has 11 guys and 13 girls (or 12 + alfa) i think they gonna reveal more female characters to have at least same number of guys and girls, maybe one more (on any side males or females) and right now we have 3 new males (Leon, Ein and Jacky) and just one new female (Momiji) so i spect at least 1 more girl or 2, hopefully someone new.

KwonJigglypuff

We need more stages like Forest, Beach and Lost World. Leon's desert looks nice.

DOA5 was too much "urban", too much "realistic", too much "greyish". I want to dream and escape reality, I need more poetry and fantasy. More cherry blossoms, light effects and sandstorms.

Ghosty-J

We need more stages like Forest, Beach and Lost World. Leon's desert looks nice.

DOA5 was too much "urban", too much "realistic", too much "greyish". I want to dream and escape reality, I need more poetry and fantasy. More cherry blossoms, light effects and sandstorms.
And this is what's wrong with DoA5's stages. Funny how they bragged about the concept of Fighting Entertainment behind huge blockbuster stages with a bunch of stuff happening at once, yet the previous titles achieved that much better than how the new team handled it. DoA2 through 4 was exciting and vibrant (3 having the best stages) and 5 is just grey and dull with Michael Baysplosions everywhere. Thankfully they're attempting to remedy that fault.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
DoA2 through 4 was exciting and vibrant (3 having the best stages) and 5 is just grey and dull with Michael Baysplosions everywhere.

Honestly, I didn't find DOA4's stages to be very good either. Nassau Station was cool because it provided frequent access to ceiling throws, but I didn't find it visually appealing at all. Plus I dislike Halo 2's Mjolnir Mix version of the Halo theme that was constantly playing on it. Would have preferred the original Halo theme.

Gambler's Paradise was kind of neat, but I don't miss it. Kyoto in Bloom and Seaside Market were pretty, but are completely blown away when compared to the amazingly beautiful stages of DOA2 and DOA3.

Experimental Playground was interesting due to how outlandish it was, but it was an awful stage. The rest of the stages that I haven't mentioned were just bland and uninteresting.

I honestly hope that we don't get a single DOA4 stage back. I'd rather TN focus on the DOA2 and DOA3 stages instead. It'd be a real shame for any of those stages to be left out in favor of something from DOA4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD