Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

And this is the sorry state of our community... Where's all the competitive players...

Agreed. Many fighters need improvements for Ultimate. If they could just make a few tweaks for Eliot like letting his :4::K: launcher be the move that connects with :4::P: instead of the other (useless) kick for example I'd be really happy.

KwonJigglypuff

Are Japanese developpers even listening to Korean players in general ? I've heard it was quite the opposite... i've been told it was the Japanese audience which loved DOA4 sooooo much..

HoodsXx

He lives in Japan though so you know he's got a say unlike us who don't live in Japan and just tweet them from various places around the country. :/

synce

Are Japanese developpers even listening to Korean players in general ? I've heard it was quite the opposite... i've been told it was the Japanese audience which loved DOA4 sooooo much..

Nope, Europe loved DOA4. http://s3.zetaboards.com/doaonline/topic/212376/1/

If there's any reason they're going back to DOA4 mechanics it's because they think the game will sell better that way. But I'm pretty sure DOA5 sold like shit for reasons other than it not being like DOA4.

Argentus

But that requires juggling (ie: effort). You need to know spacing, combos, character weight etc. to maximize that. 33T gives you free, instant damage.

So much wrong in this part...

On Force Techs though..there doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for them beyond "Keep the combo going", which shouldn't be enough of a reason to be able to kick people from the ground back to a standing position without any input on their part. You knocked them down, combo should end then. It's literally a mechanic to encourage KICKING PEOPLE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN. Think about it, how screwed up is THAT? Force teching is essentially the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took the next step and made it so you could force tech people straight into a juggle. Let's go the whole distance and make the game take no effort at all! Force tech to knocked down opponent resulting in immediate air juggle leading to 60% life loss!

I'll never understand why people want things to be so easy...

So yeah, I don't like force techs, think they should be removed almost entirely. That is my opinion on the matter. Carry on.

ninjaguy446

On Force Techs though..there doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for them beyond "Keep the combo going", which shouldn't be enough of a reason to be able to kick people from the ground back to a standing position without any input on their part. You knocked them down, combo should end then. It's literally a mechanic to encourage KICKING PEOPLE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN. Think about it, how screwed up is THAT? Force teching is essentially the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took the next step and made it so you could force tech people straight into a juggle. Let's go the whole distance and make the game take no effort at all! Force tech to knocked down opponent resulting in immediate air juggle leading to 60% life loss!

So yeah, I don't like force techs, think they should be removed almost entirely. That is my opinion on the matter. Carry on.
That's like saying, 'Having positive frames on a guard break is messed up. I mean, think about it, they're encouraging trying to hit the opponent when they're blocking to get into a better position to attack! Guard breaking is the sheer definition of bad sportsmanship. It's like breaking their guard without the other person letting go of guard!'

Bad sportsmanship? Really?

HoodsXx

I hope you realize force techs in this game are already NERFED as it is. Like damn son. Have you not played DOA4? In DOA4 you weren't able to hold after a force tech, you were forced to block. Guess what? In DOA5 you're able to instantly hold after a force tech so either way the force tech doesn't grant you much, since they can just stop your pressure instantly. Learn the game please FFS.

David Gregg

I mean honestly force techs aren't really that terrible in 5 so I don't think they need entirely removed imo.

On a side note does anyone know how the extended life bar will affect the critical threshold (i.e. will they stay in proportion to the original life bar or will they be shorter/longer)?

Awesmic

Standard Donor

Argentus, chillax. You're taking the purpose of force techs way out of context. The intended purpose of this mechanic - at least to my understanding - is to position the opponent in your favor without giving them the option to roll out of a position in their favor in order to maintain pressure on the opponent and force a guessing game. It makes sense since wakeup kicks have invincibility frames for the most part (with the only exception being the damage priority rule vs. a wakeup kick, but even then not many people can time this right every time) and it forces you to keep away during the wakeup kick, giving them room to breathe.

Just think about this for a moment. You're low on health, the opponent's got a huge life lead, and opening up your opponent's defense seems impossible, right? Are you just not gonna take an opportunity to open up your opponent from a force tech and narrow down the options the opponent has from there so you can whittle down his/her health at a gradual pace? It's simply a smart way to win, and has nothing to do with bad sportsmanship. Now complaining outright about losing, and refusing to acknowledge and understand why you lost in order to improve on the next time and utilize the designed mechanics in your favor, that is bad sportsmanship.

DR2K

Nope, Europe loved DOA4. http://s3.zetaboards.com/doaonline/topic/212376/1/

If there's any reason they're going back to DOA4 mechanics it's because they think the game will sell better that way. But I'm pretty sure DOA5 sold like shit for reasons other than it not being like DOA4.

Yeah it wasn't a launch title which released next to TTT2, which also barely charted, and it wasn't releasing in the same type of economy.

Hence the F2P release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD