Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Helena

Pictured Mind

Well, Helena thrives by playing the stun game, so that's basically where you always want to be since her mixups are ridiculous. Also, make sure that you utilize all three of her stances (FT, BT, and BKO). She has great stun extenders and launchers from each. Make sure that you utilize her throws. BT T guarantees 3PP and from there you can go into BT with 3PP4 and loop the throw, hit the with BT 4P if they duck, BT 66K, or you can continue the stun FT. 214T guarantees BKO 6PP and you can continue the stun or do another 214T or go into BKO T. You can pretty much do a lot of creative stuff with Helena. To start stuns try 33P, 33P4P BKO 6P4P, K series, PKK, BT 4P/P, BT 66K,2H+K, etc. To extend stuns you can use all of the above and BT 4P+K, 9P4, 6P4, 44P, BKO 6PP, 8P, BKO P, P, etc. Also, doing 3PP4, 6P4, 8PP4, or 44P will reset the stun and you can restun them from BT. You can do BT 66K, BT 2H+K, BT 4PP, etc. Hope this helps.

I use a lot of things that you've listed so that is good. I'll try to mess around with more moves like 6P4 because I almost never use that.

3PP is guaranteed after BT T? I never knew that. Thanks.

Also, what about opponents on the floor? I mostly use BKO 2K and BKO 6P but it doesn't give the tech like in vanilla. After 6P the opponent on the floor just goes "eh" and stays on the floor. Any other good options? BT 66K I guess?

Omegan Eckhart

I use a lot of things that you've listed so that is good. I'll try to mess around with more moves like 6P4 because I almost never use that.

Also, what about opponents on the floor? I mostly use BKO 2K and BKO 6P but it doesn't give the tech like in vanilla. After 6P the opponent on the floor just goes "eh" and stays on the floor. Any other good options? BT 66K I guess?
FT's:

1K2 > 2K2
1K > 66K2
1K > 2P
1P > 2P
1P > 66K2
66K(2)
BKO 6P > BKO 6P
BKO 6P > 66K(2)
BKO 2K2
BT 4K
BT 66K2
BT 2P

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

Basically what Omegan said. After handslaps, BKO 2K will tech them if it hits but if they tech themselves and she whiffs she's at like -198o4i35084754054d so yah. BKO 6P won't tech the first time but if you do BKO 6P BKO 6P then they'll get teched. If you end a combo with BKO 4PKK then you can go into BT from there and pause for like a second and then do BT 4K or BT 2P and it will tech them. BT 2P leaves you at +2, not sure about BT 4K.

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone notice that you can land an initial stun like 33P before doing 44PPP now? Before you had to land 44PPP clean to hit a guaranteed CB but now you can land a stun and then hit them with the string.

Finally a stealth buff!

Edit: I am abusing this like mad right now. Finally a viable guaranteed CB!

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

Anyone notice that you can land an initial stun like 33P before doing 44PPP now? Before you had to land 44PPP clean to hit a guaranteed CB but now you can land a stun and then hit them with the string.

Finally a stealth buff!

Wait, does 44PPP SDS guarantee a CB! on fastest?

Requiem

Yup 7P is 100% guaranteed. It always has been, it's just that the string was so hard to land clean that everyone forgets about it.
It's not guaranteed. You don't even have to slow escape it. (And in fact, shouldn't... 44PPP has unique stun frames where you can only shake the tail end of the hold frames, you can't do anything about the initial, but there's a two frame hold window or so where you can toss in the needed mid punch hold, which can be buffered just fine ahead of time)

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

It's not guaranteed. You don't even have to slow escape it. (And in fact, shouldn't... 4PPP has unique stun frames where you can only shake the tail end of the hold frames, you can't do anything about the initial, but there's a two frame hold window or so where you can toss in the needed mid punch hold, which can be buffered just fine ahead of time)
4PPP? I said 44PPP. Which is +23 on fastest SE, and is guaranteed.

Requiem

4PPP? I said 44PPP. Which is +23 on fastest SE, and is guaranteed.
Sorry, 44. And it's not. Set the AI to do it and try and hold it. If you properly count the recovery frames and the initial for the CB, it becomes apparent there is a 2 frame hold window, once you work in the actual damage frames. And it bears out if you test it properly.

Finally a stealth buff!

Yeah but 44P has crap range and has to be done at point blank. You might as well start off with 33P for 44P to connect.

Omegan Eckhart

This has never worked for me. Just throwing that out there.
You have to do it fast, do 6P and buffer in 2P+K then pre buffer 6P and it will tech them up.
Yeah but 44P has crap range and has to be done at point blank. You might as well start off with 33P for 44P to connect.
Pre patch if you did 33P > 44PPP the last hit would cross the stun threshold and knock them over which is why the string was almost useless. The fact that they changed that in the recent patch is what makes it worth using finally. Doing 33P > 44PPP wasn't an option until now.

Pictured Mind

Lolwat, pre buffer 6P? Can you elaborate?

I almost never use the double 6P anyways, just wondering. Sounds like it might be useful. Maybe I should add it to the arsenal.

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

Lolwat, pre buffer 6P? Can you elaborate?

I almost never use the double 6P anyways, just wondering. Sounds like it might be useful. Maybe I should add it to the arsenal.
In other words input 2P+K and do 6P immediately after. Pre buffering means entering inputs long before the input comes out. Like if you do 66KPP, if you enter the inputs quickly Helena will do the entire string without you needing to wait for the previous attack to land before inputting for the follow up attack. This is what is meant by pre buffering.

You have to do it fast, do 6P and buffer in 2P+K then pre buffer 6P and it will tech them up.

Pre patch if you did 33P > 44PPP the last hit would cross the stun threshold and knock them over which is why the string was almost useless. The fact that they changed that in the recent patch is what makes it worth using finally. Doing 33P > 44PPP wasn't an option until now.

I've wasn't even aware of that string until now. 44PPP alone it enough to reach the red critical stun threshold, but as mentioned, it has crap range. I was able to smoothly connect 44PPP nicely after BT66K though. If anyone has other ways to incorporate 44PPP CB, let me know :).

The double 6P tech works mainly after 33P4P enders, but I noticed that the second 6P sometimes wiffs if you end it with a string like BT 4PPP when you do it too soon. In which you have to wait until they land on the ground first with their head down facing you.

Pictured Mind

In other words input 2P+K and do 6P immediately after. Pre buffering means entering inputs long before the input comes out. Like if you do 66KPP, if you enter the inputs quickly Helena will do the entire string without you needing to wait for the previous attack to land before inputting for the follow up attack. This is what is meant by pre buffering.

Makes sense, ya. I'll try it out sometime. See if it's worth using.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD