Dead or Alive 5 Weight Classes

synce

To me it seems mostly based on appearance.. I think only Mila, Sarah, and Helena had to be adjusted for balance although I'd argue v1.03 Mila, Helena, and Genfu should all be middleweight.

This reminds me there's a juggle Pai had before 1.03 that would work on female characters 100% of the time including Helena, but would often fail on Eliot and male middleweights (combo is totally gone now)

Maybe hitbox related, just found it odd

NightAntilli

Can certain combos work with certain weight classes like in Virtua Fighter?
Sure. Let me give you an example (on a flat surface for simplicity since slopes change the air juggles too). Say you burst with Kokoro, and launch with 4P+K. You then follow up with 9P, 6KP, P2KP. With anyone that is lighter than Leifang (light and feather weight), the punch of 6KP whiffs, since the opponent is too high in the air, (or you have to delay the input). And for anyone that's heavier than helena (heavy and super heavy), you can't connect P2KP after 6KP connects. So you have to change the juggle you do, depending on their weight.

Koompbala

Can certain combos work with certain weight classes like in Virtua Fighter?

Wall works the same way too in FS you can do 6P+G against the wall with Lau combo with 2P+K - 4P+KP - 66K+G - iWR K for 76 dmg on El Blaze. Try that on wolf and 4P+KP doesnt re-launch just combos for crap dmg.

DoA is like that too in a sense and since we're on Kokoro. After a wall crumple on Eliot 9P 4PKP works but try that on Bass only the 9P hits. She actually has a stronger combo on all weights. Thats not the point though. Point being Bass doesnt get re-launched as high as Eliot.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Alright so I tested it out using Leifang, and indeed it does work like VF.

I tried doing 2 of Leifang's combos from the Combo Challenge against a heavier character such as Bass. These are the two combos that I used:

6P+K~P+K, 64P, 3K, 236P(CB!), 8K, 9KK, 3PP6PP

and

4P, BT P+K, 236P(CB!), 8K, 9KK, 3PKK2K

Both combos dropped on 3PP6PP and 3PKK2K because Bass dropped too fast.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
With heavier characters such as Bass & Bayman, different combo enders will have to be used. Hell, sometimes most combos won't work at all.

For example: in Final Showdown, Taka-Arashi is too heavy to be launched in the air by all characters, while some heavy characters such as Wolf and Jeffery won't be launched as high as most characters that fall under the heavyweight category. I think that's the same case with Bass and Bayman in DOA5.

Koompbala

I prefer KF+K instead of 3KP.

Yeah your right I forgot about that string. I never liked how 3KP doesn't knock back like it use to in 4 while in a juggle.

With heavier characters such as Bass & Bayman, different combo enders will have to be used. Hell, sometimes most combos won't work at all.

For example: in Final Showdown, Taka-Arashi is too heavy to be launched in the air by all characters, while some heavy characters such as Wolf and Jeffery won't be launched as high as most characters that fall under the heavyweight category. I think that's the same case with Bass and Bayman in DOA5.

Yeah bass and bayman would be similar to wolf and jeffry. Eliot like El Blaze, Gen Fu like Akira. Juggle wise no one is like Taka although Tengu and Spartan were the heaviest in 4 heavier than Bass, Bayman & Leon.

synce

Did Tengu and Spartan really need unique juggles? I rarely saw them online. But I like the idea of Tengu being Taka-class heavy in the next DOA

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD