Dead or Alive 5 Weight Classes

Koompbala

Did Tengu and Spartan really need unique juggles? I rarely saw them online. But I like the idea of Tengu being Taka-class heavy in the next DOA

Yeah they did require unique juggles. Unique being a characters basic string. Like Hayate majority of the time the best he could do is PP6PK. Get "a lot" of air then you could do PPP 7K

NightAntilli

Yeah. They were so heavy that most of the cast needed to do something else for them. The juggles were shorter, so less damage, but, I found that they were easier to set up force techs against, but maybe that's just me.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I occasionally press random on training so I can practice my B-Man combos on all weights. Quite frankly, his :3::K:in air pushes Mid-Weight characters further than the roll and guaranteed throw can go, and even further on light weights. But it is close enough to do a forced tech attack, then possibly a throw (If he/she's a holder).

Crext

Standard Donor
That was an interesting read.

Also lol at Helena being more heavy than most of the guys.

Rapham0n

That was an interesting read.

Also lol at Helena being more heavy than most of the guys.

It was done for balancing purposes. The weight class for all of the characters in DOA5 was done with balancing in mind, not realism. It's the same reason why Akuma has a glass jaw in Street Fighter.

Nightpup

It was done for balancing purposes. The weight class for all of the characters in DOA5 was done with balancing in mind, not realism. It's the same reason why Akuma has a glass jaw in Street Fighter.
Right, because Eliot being in the lightest weightclass is such amazing balancing.

ailingeternity

Hmm this puzzles me. Using Lisa I can get juggles I've discovered for Feathers on Mila and Sarah with ease but they never land on the other Feathers in this class (Hitomi, Eliot and Kokoro, I have to use Light juggles on them.) There are extremely minor differences between Cruiser (Helena) and Heavy (Gen Fu) as is the same with Light and Welter.

When using Lisa it seems to go more like this;

Feather: Mila, Sarah
Light: Kasumi, Ayane, Hitomi, Kokoro, Eliot, Alpha-152
Welter: Leifang, Pai
Mid: Hayate, Ryu, Christie, Tina, Brad, Jann Lee, Rig, Zack, Akira
Cruiser: Helena
Heavy: Gen Fu
Super Heavy: Bass, Bayman

I think hitboxes also play a massive part too, each character has a different one and I'm sure this can lead to minor juggle differences...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think hitboxes also play a massive part too, each character has a different one and I'm sure this can lead to minor juggle differences...

I believe that, the issue of open/closed stance starter, and the addition of environmental positioning can also affect the juggle.

Dave

I believe that, the issue of open/closed stance starter, and the addition of environmental positioning can also affect the juggle.

It sure does, at least I can say in Sarah's defense. There is about two situations in which a juggle has to have a certain stance.

xINFINITELIGHTx

It is amazing that different weight classes has existed in every DOA game just like different health statistics exist in street fighter in EVERY game. I will have to remember to learn combos for every single character depending on their weight class and make sure I memorize them like I did in previous games. I remember the lighter ethe better the combo I can get on them and I would always take advantage of this.

ALWAYS

JESUS IS LORD HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYBODY

Dior

The launch height variants were the following:

2.01m, 2.00m, 1.98m, 1.97m, 1.96m, 1.94m, and 1.88m.

Hun...considering that each character has a different hitbox, the launch height is based on what? its just the height between the ground and the closest hitbox or there's a common point among the characters that defines the launch height? o.o

But thanks, this info is really useful, ;)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hun...considering that each character has a different hitbox, the launch height is based on what? its just the height between the ground and the closest hitbox or there's a common point among the characters that defines the launch height? o.o

But thanks, this info is really useful, ;)

The same combo was used. I launched each character from the same point in a sit down stun at full threshold. The launch height in meters does Not matter as that is the variable on each launcher used and point of threshold. However, It's the difference between each character's launch height that is determining the weight class.

Dior

Ah, got it, I confess I was more interested on the hitbox and the point of the impact of the launcher/hit... but it seems, from a sit down stun every character has the same hitbox, thats why you did this test under those conditions.

Despite being part of the variants, I'm just curious about the point of the impact on the characters hitboxes, spacing, to be precise, but it has nothing to do with this topic, I think.

Koompbala

Ah, got it, I confess I was more interested on the hitbox and the point of the impact of the launcher/hit... but it seems, from a sit down stun every character has the same hitbox, thats why you did this test under those conditions.

Despite being part of the variants, I'm just curious about the point of the impact on the characters hitboxes, spacing, to be precise, but it has nothing to do with this topic, I think.

Hitbox does play a part but from my findings its very minor. For the record the combo I used worked on Fu and Bass but not Bayman and yes this was tested in both stances too.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
so is Rachel in "Super heavy" lol

From the sounds of it, yeah. She was said by Shimbori to be the same weight class as Leon, who I imagine is at least a Heavy but will be in the same class as Bayman in Super Heavy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD