News Dead or Alive 5 will be at TGS

logo.png

Dead or Alive 5 has been around since 2012, but the dedicated competitive scene, collaborative efforts, and DLC have kept it relevant to garner screen time from Team NINJA at this year's Tokyo game show. Because of this, it makes sense that some dedicated players wait for DOA6 while others continue to contribute to the Last Round iteration. Either way, you can't help but be excited for what could be in store for the community, and the intrigue that this scheduling has caused.

Last year there was plenty of hype pertaining to DLC character Mai Shiranui, a King of Fighters character that brought in interest more comparable to Marie Rose than other DLC characters such as Nyo or Phase 4. Even Raidou and Honoka as the new premium characters for Last Round were said to not deliver where it counts most, and crossover character Naotora followed that pattern bringing in very little interest to the offline scene. By that standard, it's hard to see how they will add a character that can add enough interest for DOA5 to remain relevant unless it's an incredibly special reveal.

dlc-summer-festival-doa5-last-round-noticia.jpg

Have you seen enough costume DLC?

A Final Fantasy character (Tifa anyone) with the tie into Team NINJA's development on Final Fantasy Dissidia NT could work, or perhaps a continued DOA5 crossover to the inspirational Virtua Fighter series seems likely to generate interest. The big red flag would be just getting another collaborative costume DLC. The community enjoys the variety and has been directly involved by submitting designs, but many have doubts it would be enough to satisfy Team NINJA's customer-base.

DOA6 could be in the works, but it's not a guarantee it will show up at TGS. Maybe DOA5 is there as a surprise place-holder, or maybe Team NINJA is extending DOA5's lifespan by another year. Some will not be pleased by that rumor, and their reasons can make just as much sense as the players continuing to support Last Round. Though in order to keep the dream alive there are other ways to continue contributing to the community even if you are just waiting for DOA6 seeing as how creating a toxic atmosphere will not help Team NINJA design the game any faster.

vfdoa.jpg

Still interested in a Virtua Fighter 5 crossover?

TGS will start at the end of the month, and Last Round will get some screen time on the 23rd. Team NINJA will probably hold some big stuff for our NEC XVIII finale spectacular, but TGS should give us an idea of what to expect. What are your thoughts pertaining to future of DOA5 and DOA6?

Last edited:
I doubt DOA6 will be the announcement at TGS (I'm leaning towards NEC). The TGS announcement might either be a trailer for either Ninja Gaiden 4 or the newest Nioh DLC that will be out later in the month.

If it's not DOA6 I wouldn't mind an original character but not another Marie or Honoka or girl in general. I'll also settle for gameplay of Halloween contest winner costumes too

x VF plz.

Wishful thinking aside, I'm sure if not a full trailer of DOA6, there's gonna be at least a teaser.

Here's to hoping to a "10 years too early" quote (T__T)

Last edited:
I doubt DOA6 will be the announcement at TGS (I'm leaning towards NEC). The TGS announcement might either be a trailer for either Ninja Gaiden 4 or the newest Nioh DLC that will be out later in the month.

giphy.gif

It's totally DOA6! And it will be glorious. Aranea will be a guest character. There, now you see it too, right? :D

Wasn't DOA5 announced at a TGS? (2011 I think?) Now would be a perfectly acceptable time to reveal a DOA6. Or at least a teaser.

I been begging for NG4 every TGS since 2013, I don't think I can even get disappointing even if I wish for it this year lol.
I want NG4, and i believe it will happen this decade, but i just don't want to create expectations every single event to get disappointed in a bunch, once it gets announced, i'll be happy and have a great surprise.

I want NG4, and i believe it will happen this decade, but i just don't want to create expectations every single event to get disappointed in a bunch, once it gets announced, i'll be happy and have a great surprise.

I would love to see a new Ninja Gaiden, but I'm not very optimistic about it being anytime soon. More than likely, Team NINJA will continue to respond to the success of Nioh with a follow-up. DOA6 is also due. When NINJA Gaiden 3 RE came out I tried to be positive and I supported the game, but you can't look at a sequel to a game like the vanilla version and be thinking positive from the business side of things.

Hayashi was also very disappointed with the vanilla version of NG3, and when you combine that with everything else going on at Team NINJA -- it makes me feel like NG4 could be a while... and if it does drop anytime soon it will more than likely "break the wheel..." and according to Tyrion it can take a while.

Ninja Gaiden can't be seen as a Dynasty Warriors skew, and it looked more like one with NG3. If I see anything that resembles that again I will likely be done with the series as I do not have time for games that put me to sleep. I'll tinker with it and play it once to support the game but that would be it.

I couldn't understand half of what you said, but TN was pretty adamant that NiOH would end in the last dlc, and that new releases would follow up new characters and what not, Tom Lee also said that they want to make a new Ninja Gaiden soon. And i can put faith into Yasuda to be the director of NG4, considering what he has done in NG3RE and Nioh.

Brad wanted me to post this for him:
"Lavar could you do me a favor ?

So this is the favor can you post this for me in the DOA shown at TGS thread ?

If you can thank you so much ❤️
If you can't it's okay either.

Here's the quote:
Why are people bringing up Ninja Gaiden 4 when it's a showcase for DOA and not for NG, they might have to do with each other but it are 2 different games. If they wanted to announce NG4 they probably would've done it during a NG showcase and not during a DOA showcase. I personally want NG4 too but I don't see the point of it being discussed when it's a showcase specifically for DOA."

Game over, guys. The DOA5: Infinite mobile game is the announcement :rolleyes:

Brad wanted me to post this for him:
"Lavar could you do me a favor ?

So this is the favor can you post this for me in the DOA shown at TGS thread ?

If you can thank you so much ❤️
If you can't it's okay either.

Here's the quote:
Why are people bringing up Ninja Gaiden 4 when it's a showcase for DOA and not for NG, they might have to do with each other but it are 2 different games. If they wanted to announce NG4 they probably would've done it during a NG showcase and not during a DOA showcase. I personally want NG4 too but I don't see the point of it being discussed when it's a showcase specifically for DOA."

You're name's Lavar? And who is Brad again?

NG4 will be dope AF if Yasuda is the director for it.

But it would be a mistake for TN not to bring out DOA6 sometime during these 2 years. The FGC is continuously growing and flourishing, it's the biggest its ever been. The potential for competitive DOA has always been high af. At the highest level it's hella good, but we can't lie and say that the *personal* experience isn't boring, that being without having to come on FSD in order to get good sets with someone. Considering how well DOA5 Vanilla sold when it first came out in 2012, even when the fgc wasn't even as big as it is now? Zamn son.

I wouldn't be surprised if TN were waiting for DOA5LR (Core fighters included) to reach 10,000,000 downloads before revealing DOA6.

I wouldn't be surprised if TN were waiting for DOA5LR (Core fighters included) to reach 10,000,000 downloads before revealing DOA6.
In a case like that...out of those 10,000,000 downloads, I don't think many people bought all of the characters or modes. They probably only downloaded Core Fighters because it's ♫ freeeeee ♫ :rolleyes:

In a case like that...out of those 10,000,000 downloads, I don't think many people bought all of the characters or modes. They probably only downloaded Core Fighters because it's ♫ freeeeee ♫ :rolleyes:
Which is true but TN could potentially use it as a hallmark lmaooo

"We finally hit 10M! Here's a marie rose costume"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD