News Dead or Alive 5 will be at TGS

logo.png

Dead or Alive 5 has been around since 2012, but the dedicated competitive scene, collaborative efforts, and DLC have kept it relevant to garner screen time from Team NINJA at this year's Tokyo game show. Because of this, it makes sense that some dedicated players wait for DOA6 while others continue to contribute to the Last Round iteration. Either way, you can't help but be excited for what could be in store for the community, and the intrigue that this scheduling has caused.

Last year there was plenty of hype pertaining to DLC character Mai Shiranui, a King of Fighters character that brought in interest more comparable to Marie Rose than other DLC characters such as Nyo or Phase 4. Even Raidou and Honoka as the new premium characters for Last Round were said to not deliver where it counts most, and crossover character Naotora followed that pattern bringing in very little interest to the offline scene. By that standard, it's hard to see how they will add a character that can add enough interest for DOA5 to remain relevant unless it's an incredibly special reveal.

dlc-summer-festival-doa5-last-round-noticia.jpg

Have you seen enough costume DLC?

A Final Fantasy character (Tifa anyone) with the tie into Team NINJA's development on Final Fantasy Dissidia NT could work, or perhaps a continued DOA5 crossover to the inspirational Virtua Fighter series seems likely to generate interest. The big red flag would be just getting another collaborative costume DLC. The community enjoys the variety and has been directly involved by submitting designs, but many have doubts it would be enough to satisfy Team NINJA's customer-base.

DOA6 could be in the works, but it's not a guarantee it will show up at TGS. Maybe DOA5 is there as a surprise place-holder, or maybe Team NINJA is extending DOA5's lifespan by another year. Some will not be pleased by that rumor, and their reasons can make just as much sense as the players continuing to support Last Round. Though in order to keep the dream alive there are other ways to continue contributing to the community even if you are just waiting for DOA6 seeing as how creating a toxic atmosphere will not help Team NINJA design the game any faster.

vfdoa.jpg

Still interested in a Virtua Fighter 5 crossover?

TGS will start at the end of the month, and Last Round will get some screen time on the 23rd. Team NINJA will probably hold some big stuff for our NEC XVIII finale spectacular, but TGS should give us an idea of what to expect. What are your thoughts pertaining to future of DOA5 and DOA6?

Last edited:
I'm just trying to keep expectations as low as possible, people see special announcement and immediately think its a DOA6.

But it could just be a new DLC character for DOA5LR or something else entirely, thus everyone's hopes are shattered just like that.

I'd like it to be DOA6 as much as the next guy/girl on FSD but the chances are slim. Why would they specifically state DOA5LR if they were gonna announce DOA6?

Content to keep DOA5 going for the next year I suppose. After they announce the game, we will not get it right away after all.

I'm just trying to keep expectations as low as possible, people see special announcement and immediately think its a DOA6.

But it could just be a new DLC character for DOA5LR or something else entirely, thus everyone's hopes are shattered just like that.

I'd like it to be DOA6 as much as the next guy/girl on FSD but the chances are slim. Why would they specifically state DOA5LR if they were gonna announce DOA6?

I know yeah, that's a good point.

Okay thanks DB! I hope it is doa6 and maybe they've chosen him to play it or something along that line. Also so I can watch the nico nico stream for free? That's good, I'll try to catch it then.

Honestly, i'm not even sure myself. It could be anything. They could be just having players there play the characters with the fan outfits, some new character that Grunt mentioned that's probably going to be from SW again lolol. Some people could just be payed there to play the new stuff via TGS. Like there is multiple topics on this.

Guess we'll have to wait for TGS to find out.

Last edited:
You know, if it is going to be a guest character, it might just be Tifa. Plus cross over costumes as well I presume. TN did work on that Dissidia fighting game. I am hoping it will be a DOA6 announcement though.

Am i the only one here that wants Irene/Sonia or Mizuki as doa characters?

Yeah... i know...

Hey I remember when that was a thing! :D People ( Including me I will say ) Wanting Irene and also Niki ( Zack's girlfriend ) to be playable. I wonder what this announcement will be? :I I guess we'll just have to wait though. :D If it's doa6 or a VF character etc.

Yeah... i know...
I'm sorry but I don't want either of them in the game tbh, if it had to be a reused character why not Sanji or Miss Monday from Yaiba? Yes I know the game was bad but Miss Monday could easily be a viable new unique character, Sanji as well.

I just want a DOA6 announcement so I can hurry and bite the bullet, if they release ANOTHER DLC character/costume I like which I'll have to leave behind when DOA6 is inevitably announced a few months later, I'll be pissed.

Sanji as well.

Sanji is a kid, not a teenager, not a young adult, he hasn't reached 12 yet, come on dude...

And Miss Monday... I would say that she is not a fighter, but that is not a real problem here, but i think TN wants to just forget Yaiba in general.

Now, Irene and Mizuki? They're somewhat stablished characters, and both are fighters, so TN can pull something for them.

I imagine Mizuki knowing some japanese martial arts, maybe Judo?

And Irene, they could give her a lot based on the fact that she is a CIA agent.

Sanji is a kid, not a teenager, not a young adult, he hasn't reached 12 yet, come on dude...

And Miss Monday... I would say that she is not a fighter, but that is not a real problem here, but i think TN wants to just forget Yaiba in general.

Now, Irene and Mizuki? They're somewhat stablished characters, and both are fighters, so TN can pull something for them.

I imagine Mizuki knowing some japanese martial arts, maybe Judo?

And Irene, they could give her a lot based on the fact that she is a CIA agent.
Age him up, there's always weird explanations such as resurrection and time travel so They could do that. And Miss Monday is always fresh design fodder for when they want to make another western style girl XD

Yeah... i know...

I also want to see Irene (especially since she did appear in dimensions) but not really for Mizuki.

And Miss Monday is always fresh design fodder for when they want to make another western style girl XD

I haven't played Yaiba but I just dont get why some people want to see her make it in. She seems to be one of the only sexy girls that has shown up in the NG/DOA shared universe that doesnt really seem like she can fight and therefore qualify (unlike Irene).

I also want to see Irene (especially since she did appear in dimensions) but not really for Mizuki.

I haven't played Yaiba but I just dont get why some people want to see her make it in. She seems to be one of the only sexy girls that has shown up in the NG/DOA shared universe that doesnt really seem like she can fight and therefore qualify (unlike Irene).
She could if TN made her a original move set @Goarmagon once said two years ago she could use dirty underhanded fighting moves and bitch slaps and just basically unpolished combat which I think would work. She's not exactly Japan waifu but she would likely have alot of popularity in the West

She could if TN made her a original move set @Goarmagon once said two years ago she could use dirty underhanded fighting moves and bitch slaps and just basically unpolished combat which I think would work. She's not exactly Japan waifu but she would likely have alot of popularity in the West

Making up a style for her would work, I guess, but it would still seem a bit forced to put her in when a more established girl like Irene,who we have seen fight and kill in NG2 (she used guns, sure, but it would be stupid to assume she doesnt know how to fight unarmed). Sure, Irene was mostly just a damsel-in-distress most of the time but so was Rachel when she first showed up.

Having said all that, I honestly doubt any DOA announcement soon will not be a new DLC character or doa6. I honestly have no expectation other than it will be disappointing not matter what.

Welp, everyone expecting DOA6 I've come to (possibly) shatter your dreams.

A brand new original girl got announced for that browser DOAX game and I'm pretty certain that she will be the "special announcement" at TGS.

Yep here's a picture of her too -

Her names Misaki she's a new character in doaxvv but If the announcement at TN's event is a new character It could be her. I think she looks cool anyway. I guess she would be in the next season pass If she is the announcement.
DKE0L8uUEAECxm7.jpg:large

If she IS the announcement I hope she has a decent and consistent play style/moveset last thing I want is another Honoka where her move set is 90% recycled moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD