News Dead or Alive 5 will be at TGS

logo.png

Dead or Alive 5 has been around since 2012, but the dedicated competitive scene, collaborative efforts, and DLC have kept it relevant to garner screen time from Team NINJA at this year's Tokyo game show. Because of this, it makes sense that some dedicated players wait for DOA6 while others continue to contribute to the Last Round iteration. Either way, you can't help but be excited for what could be in store for the community, and the intrigue that this scheduling has caused.

Last year there was plenty of hype pertaining to DLC character Mai Shiranui, a King of Fighters character that brought in interest more comparable to Marie Rose than other DLC characters such as Nyo or Phase 4. Even Raidou and Honoka as the new premium characters for Last Round were said to not deliver where it counts most, and crossover character Naotora followed that pattern bringing in very little interest to the offline scene. By that standard, it's hard to see how they will add a character that can add enough interest for DOA5 to remain relevant unless it's an incredibly special reveal.

dlc-summer-festival-doa5-last-round-noticia.jpg

Have you seen enough costume DLC?

A Final Fantasy character (Tifa anyone) with the tie into Team NINJA's development on Final Fantasy Dissidia NT could work, or perhaps a continued DOA5 crossover to the inspirational Virtua Fighter series seems likely to generate interest. The big red flag would be just getting another collaborative costume DLC. The community enjoys the variety and has been directly involved by submitting designs, but many have doubts it would be enough to satisfy Team NINJA's customer-base.

DOA6 could be in the works, but it's not a guarantee it will show up at TGS. Maybe DOA5 is there as a surprise place-holder, or maybe Team NINJA is extending DOA5's lifespan by another year. Some will not be pleased by that rumor, and their reasons can make just as much sense as the players continuing to support Last Round. Though in order to keep the dream alive there are other ways to continue contributing to the community even if you are just waiting for DOA6 seeing as how creating a toxic atmosphere will not help Team NINJA design the game any faster.

vfdoa.jpg

Still interested in a Virtua Fighter 5 crossover?

TGS will start at the end of the month, and Last Round will get some screen time on the 23rd. Team NINJA will probably hold some big stuff for our NEC XVIII finale spectacular, but TGS should give us an idea of what to expect. What are your thoughts pertaining to future of DOA5 and DOA6?

Last edited:
If she IS the announcement I hope she has a decent and consistent play style/moveset last thing I want is another Honoka where her move set is 90% recycled moves.

The options are still undetermined since it's a DOA broadcast. However I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of the reveals for TGS since DOAX3 is on the list. She may end up being a character too. It doesn't say her being "exclusive" to DOAX either.

Misaki being a new character dlc sounds the most plausible right now that and officially announcing the mobile game.

If she is a new DLC though I expect we'll see details on Season Pass 8 and a SP costume for Misaki/release window.

I'm 50/50 on this... I really feel like its time to at least tease DOA6 but Misaki is the more likely and could be cool despite basically being Honoka 2.0

Also, I just remembered its the 5th Anniversary of DOA5 next week.

So they could announce Misaki/mobile game as a part of that too. I do want more than that but this seems more plausible.

I'm ok with the new girl (already like her more than Honoka just judging by appearance, that's sad) but couldn't they at least bring the rest of the girls in first???
I hope she isn't 18. Make her 19, or 17. Please this game is making me hate the number 18
Judging by her bust (it looks smaller, like B or C, but not flat) she could end up being the Kafuru of this game.

If its any contemplation she seems to be voiced by Minami Tsuda who voices Renka in Senran Kagura.

So possible similar character but tomboy is a no, she's too moeblob pop idol to be tomboy.

The new girl doesn't feel new around the people she is near. I mean like no tanned skin or nothing visually different. She kinda just looks like an inbetween of Honoka and Marie.

The chibi version looks different but 3d model doesn't.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD