Dead or Alive 6 Arcade version announced.

Haipa Sonikku

Its interesting from this perspective. Tekken 7 and seemingly SOULCALIBUR VI have done a great job balancing not only between core and casual with the mechanics but also renewed interest in the previous generation of players. Dead or Alive 6 may in fact bring back players from 1999/ 2000's Dead or Alive 2. This announcement is a superb start as this is the first DOA entry since DOA 2 that will see an Arcade version within a launch window. More importantly, competition will be much stronger and more importantly legit this time as now it can be said that Dead or Alive 6 is in fact an Arcade legacy title.

If you ever got a chance to at least see photos of last week's Tokyo Game Show, those guys are more than Ready to get games in.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
There's just two more things that Koei Tecmo / Team Ninja need to do that will not only address their eSports issue but revolutionize the versus fighting games genre as well.
Would you like to elaborate on this my g? I'm curious rn xD

Haipa Sonikku

Would you like to elaborate on this my g? I'm curious rn xD

Aiight. So to cover bases, I've already sent it to Team Ninja.

1. A broadcast feature within Dead or Alive 6 itself. Its amusing and appalling at the same time that its 2018 and yet no versus fighting game has done this yet. Simply put, every official Dead or Alive 6 offline eSports tournament should be broadcasted (streamed) within every copy of Dead or Alive 6 itself. So many people buy these games and yet have no idea of the existence of a competitive scene and even those who do, care not to look into it simply because of barrier of entry or laziness. How to watch - Twitch, YouTube, Nico Nico, OpenRec, etc. When to watch - forums, social media posts. Where to watch optimally - mobile or desktop. A i.e. DOATEC TV feature would eliminate all of that and more importantly Team Ninja will be 100% engaged with the user base. Have fun with it. Have the DOA Venus Vacation girls be virtual A.I. news anchor avatars to inform on the latest tournaments i.e. where, when, and how. This will create the next generation of DOA players to integrate into this scene and the numbers will increase exponentially.

2. A tournament mode ready for eSports. Brackets, match settings, but most importantly it would auto lock all deemed Not Safe For Work outfits. By doing this, the f... ahem have nothing to talk about plus it would actually increase interest in the outfits itself.

Other genres have greatly evolved. Its time for versus fighting games to do so as well and no game is better at pushing the genre than Dead or Alive (as Virtua Fighter is "resting")

crapoZK

Standard Donor
1. A broadcast feature within Dead or Alive 6 itself. Its amusing and appalling at the same time that its 2018 and yet no versus fighting game has done this yet. Simply put, every official Dead or Alive 6 offline eSports tournament should be broadcasted (streamed) within every copy of Dead or Alive 6 itself. So many people buy these games and yet have no idea of the existence of a competitive scene and even those who do, care not to look into it simply because of barrier of entry or laziness. How to watch - Twitch, YouTube, Nico Nico, OpenRec, etc. When to watch - forums, social media posts. Where to watch optimally - mobile or desktop. A i.e. DOATEC TV feature would eliminate all of that and more importantly Team Ninja will be 100% engaged with the user base. Have fun with it. Have the DOA Venus Vacation girls be virtual A.I. news anchor avatars to inform on the latest tournaments i.e. where, when, and how. This will create the next generation of DOA players to integrate into this scene and the numbers will increase exponentially.
The broadcast option would be lit for DOA not even gonna lie. You mean to tell me that if a tournament is on, we can watch that shit from the DISC?? PogChamp. Unsure of if they have enough time to integrate virtual A.I on release but it could be something to be considered for a later date. Until then, the information bar should tell you whenever there's a tournament, and how to sign up. This way, people actually know what's going on without even being too invested in the community. Or like in DOA5LR when there was a new DLC released there was a redirect to the PSN Store. Instead of this, we can get a redirect to Twitch.TV whenever there's a major tournament on. That would be wassup.

If this doesn't come, there should definitely be some sort of PSN notification/Steam Alert/Xbox-whatever they call it a few days before/on the day of the tournament to notify you about what's upcoming.

2. A tournament mode ready for eSports. Brackets, match settings, but most importantly it would auto lock all deemed Not Safe For Work outfits. By doing this, the f... ahem have nothing to talk about plus it would actually increase interest in the outfits itself.
This needs to be done. Like once there were calls for a "soft-ban" on the more explicit costumes, we knew this thing needed to be addressed a lil bit. Mind you, the ban never happened but it made FGC headlines. The default match settings in-tournament will probably be something like:
  • Health Settings: Normal
  • Time: 60
  • Holds: 4-point
  • Pause: Off
  • Cinematics: On
In-Game brackets would be lit but also would be a lot of work for if there ever happened 100+ entries. Especially in-game. Only once it makes Top 16 might it be useful? Unsure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD