Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Ok. Where is the jiggle? Gone.

Where is Kasumi's default? Gone. It was too offensive for western SJW journalists and esports. : /

Where are the boobs? Drastically reduced to make them more "human."
Where is Tina? Gone.
Where is Lei Fang? Gone.
Where is Ayane? Gone.
Where is Hitomi? Gone.
Where is Christie? Gone.
Where is Lisa? Gone.
Why aren't you upset all these characters are permenantly removed and will never appear in DOA6? They weren't in your 8% build either. The character select only had 6 slots. Are all these characters also gone forever?

Ceviche

Drastically ... I mean if the boobs were now like Jeanne's from Bayonetta, I would understand the discontentment - though I wouldn't care - but the difference of size between DOA5 and DOA6 is really subtle ..

To the angry people over here, when you first saw this screenshot of Helena, was your reaction to find her ugly or flat ? Did you find her outfit conservative ?
koei-tecmo-annonce-dead-or-alive-6-pour-debut-2019-dd4caf14__854_600.jpg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Drastically ... I mean if the boobs were now like Jeanne's from Bayonetta, I would understand the discontentment - though I wouldn't care - but the difference of size between DOA5 and DOA6 is really subtle ..

To the angry people over here, when you first saw this screenshot of Helena, was your reaction to find her ugly or flat ? Did you find her outfit conservative ?
Helena looks fine in the game. People haven't payed attention to the fact that her new costume is thicc ass/panty-shot city l0l

Fantailler

I knew someone would tell me that :D

She looks more like a doll now less lifelike...But it's early,i hope it is subject to changes.

Hitomi anyone ? :p

"Starting petition..."

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
In DOA 5 she was canonically 23. 6 She will probably be 24.

SI6lzsZ.jpg
latest

Lower body is the same amount of curve appeal just in a more classy wrapping, bosom is more restrained by the clothing but not noticeably smaller (Lifted and supported as if by a brassier) and a 200% improvement facially. More color, more pop, more expression, and even the hair is noticeably closer to the stylized form they had in the older games. Overall I'd say they knocked Helena out of the park.

JJdude

Hmm, she does seem a bit younger, and her proportions seem like it's slimmed down abit..
kcs9grvd9w511.png

Fantailler

Ho Yeah i agree but she'd be better with her mature look from 5.Her japanese voice sounds like an older woman.

That's why i play Helena and Tina.Ayane and Kasumi sound and look too childish to me.Especially Kasumi, She makes me cringe.

If they really want to normalize the breast size i can live with it but they pretty much nailed women's proportions in 5.It's not only about breasts it's a little bit more subtle.Something Tekken totally missed.

It's a step backward here, meh...

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

I knew someone would tell me that :D

She looks more like a doll now less lifelike...But it's early,i hope it is subject to changes.

Hitomi anyone ? :p

"Starting petition..."

It might be due to early stage graphics, still, I like that she is more in line with her older design because I was never a fan of her MILFication in 5. She is just 23? 24? after all.

Now, the MILF gap? Could be filled by Miyako!

Ho Yeah i agree but she'd be better with her mature look from 5.Her japanese voice sounds like an older woman.

That's why i play Helena and Tina.Ayane and Kasumi sound and look too childish to me.Especially Kasumi, She makes me cringe.

I feel like Helena is more mature in personality and voice, and I agree with your taste, but I think they leaned her too much onto the older woman ara ara semi-milf trope. She is young, but not a squeaky asian girl like Honk or Kokoro.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor

As @Hayabusiness mentioned Helena in 5 was a drastic departure from her previous entries. In the rest of the games she physically looks exactly like the does in 6.

Fantailler

NAH in previous DOA entries there was too much teenager archetypes.

Rachel was a great addition to that matter. Plus european women tend to be more curvy, especially in France, defending my flag you know;)

They said mature approach... Milf is pretty much the definition of mature.Seriously more body types was good in 5.It did suit personalities in a way...

Less Barbie dolls,more Milfs !!!

Who's with me :D Yeah i prefer classy Pin-ups, sue me.

Edit:

As @Hayabusiness mentioned Helena in 5 was a drastic departure from her previous entries. In the rest of the games she physically looks exactly like the does in 6.

That was a good departure design wise.It made sense to me,for once.

Last edited:

JJdude

Mainly because most of the Japanese audience prefer younger girls than older/mature women. Which is why we don't see Tina, Christie,and Lisa in the DOAX3 and VV. I think Helena barely made it in. I'm bummed out about that lol
NAH in previous DOA entries there was too much teenager archetypes.

Rachel was a great addition to that matter. Plus european women tend to be more curvy, especially in France, defending my flag you know;)

They said mature approach... Milf is pretty much the definition of mature.Seriously more body types was good in 5.It did suit personalities in a way...

Less Barbie dolls,more Milfs !!!

Who's with me :D Yeah i prefer classy Pin-ups, sue me.
I'm all in for Rachel trust me. Same with Helena!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Mainly because most of the Japanese audience prefer younger girls than older/mature women. Which is why we don't see Tina, Christie,and Lisa in the DOAX3 and VV. I think Helena barely made it in. I'm bummed out about that lol
The reason Helena barely made it in over Leifang was because Leifang's voice actor - Yumi Touma - took a leave from voice acting shortly after recording for DOA5. So no new lines could be recorded for the character until DOAXVV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD