Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJdude

The reason Helena barely made it in over Leifang was because Leifang's voice actor - Yumi Touma - took a leave from voice acting shortly after recording for DOA5. So no new lines could be recorded for the character until DOAXVV.
So basically she wouldn't be in if Leifang's voice actress didn't leave? Wow, that's...kind of sad honestly.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
NAH in previous DOA entries there was too much teenager archetypes.

Rachel was a great addition to that matter. Plus european women tend to be more curvy, especially in France, defending my flag you know;)

They said mature approach... Milf is pretty much the definition of mature.Seriously more body types was good in 5.It did suit personalities in a way...

Less Barbie dolls,more Milfs !!!

Who's with me :D Yeah i prefer classy Pin-ups, sue me.

Edit:

That was a good departure design wise.It made sense to me,for once.
See this is a healthy method of voicing a differing opinion and I appreciate it haha. You prefer the oversexualized figures they gave some of the cast in 5 while I'm perfectly comfortable with them bringing things back to the stylized roots they had in the older games. This is unfortunately the direction they've chosen for 6 though. I can understand why a lot of people are sincerely bothered by it but I just wish they could voice it rationally instead of lashing out about it.

Just because they've decided to go in a direction some don't agree with doesn't mean people have to get ticked and start throwing tantrums like it's the end of the 2016 POTUS Election. Don't get why people can't just be chill.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Hmm, she does seem a bit younger, and her proportions seem like it's slimmed down abit..
kcs9grvd9w511.png

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they made sure one of their new things was making sure that 1st outfit has a bra or something of some kind to further restrict her chest size.
That is a real life-type thing.

But otherwise, I do agree.

Fantailler

@NewWestFan

I admit some people are fucking crazy nerds,and it's not solely the preserve of DOA.

I've always seen fan service as a plus,a guilty pleasure nothing less nothing more, nothing,to be ashamed of, no guilt generated.

It's not only fucking e-sport elitists and dumb and dumber pervs.

There's a middleground, i'm pretty much in it...So no matter what i choose i'm fucked.

I love what' s lovable that's all.But i'm more into technical aspects of fighting games.

Without trying to sound like an ass, i know and understand that there's an approach more puritan to medias in general in USA. But to me, from my stand point,it has never been an issue.That's why i find this drama useless in a way, even though i understand it.They went too far with sexualization ? More or less yes.Does it require a witch hunt ? No.

Just play bloodborne if you have to go on a hunt:p

Sharing my honest view trying to be reasonable.

Last edited:

JJdude

See this is a healthy method of voicing a differing opinion and I appreciate it haha. You prefer the oversexualized figures they gave some of the cast in 5 while I'm perfectly comfortable with them bringing things back to the stylized roots they had in the older games. This is unfortunately the direction they've chosen for 6 though. I can understand why a lot of people are sincerely bothered by it but I just wish they could voice it rationally instead of lashing out about it.

Just because they've decided to go in a direction some don't agree with doesn't mean people have to get ticked and start throwing tantrums like it's the end of the 2016 POTUS Election. Don't get why people can't just be chill.

If I had to guess it's because some people see it as trying to please those who have a vendetta against sexualiztion. Or that it's was unnecessary to tone it down considering that said game is aimed for mature audiences. Since, you know, here in the west sexualiztion is frowned upon. I say having DOAX3 only in Japan was the starting point ,and now with DOA6 toning things down made it seem like TN or Tecmo Koei are afraid of the media making negative statements. In other words, most feel like TN lost their backbone.

Hayabusiness

On one hand I do feel they are too afraid of journalists... But on the other I do think LR overdid it and wish there was a middle ground. So far nothing really screams catering to le ess-jay-double-us to me aside from some parts of the interviews.
Also I really like that they are giving focus to the guys... I don't want DOA to look like a gal game or ppl to think its male characters are nothing. Jann Lee's animation stance is fucking awesome and Ryu is mai waifu.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
In other words, most feel like TN lost their backbone.
This mindset is exactly what's wrong with people today.

Company: I'm changing my product.

(Typically) US Consumer: There has to be a political reason for this and I'm triggered because of it and I'm boycotting your product.

Company: We PR'd that poorly let me clarify it's not changing as much as you think.

(Typically) US Consumer: Completely ignores said clarification in favor of continuing their original belief about the company because being pissed off about the subject releases dopamine and they're already addicted to the rush of being triggered by things.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You know what. Team Ninja should just straight up take fighting vipers whole Clothing/Armor breaking fighting game system!!! Shit AM2 was just basically using the series as testing grounds for VF!! The whole new inclusion of These DOA6 mechanics would work perfect with this combination. Allow these mecahnics to work specifically in character Armor Breaking as oppose to lumping it in with everything else! Once The characters armor is broken off, these extra mechanics should have no extra special use...less Team ninja would also utilise it as stage like finishers once all the armor is gone and all heath is basically depleted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD