Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
People who are anti-DOA6 and pro-shithouse-DOA5-DLC have no basis for their argument. Stop talking to these clowns.

There will never be a petition to "bring back the cooches and teets" that TN will look at and be like "Yeah bro maybe we should bring back jiggling anime girl tiddies bc HayateLeonKennedy said so" LMAO someone tell em to take several seats.

Have you seen how other sagas have been screwed? There is Tomb Raider. The criticism of the people is destroying the industry.

upload_2018-7-11_17-12-54.gif

Cadaveri

Fucking Steam!? Really!? These fuckers will just mod balloon tits, pregnant bellies and all sorts of shit all over again like they did with DOA5, why the fuck should they care?

Pregnant bellies & balloon tits aside.. Steam is the platform I'm planning to buy my copy on (as well as soulcalibur 6).
Okubo (SC6 director) even mentioned in some E3 interview that It will be best optimized on PC, my guess is that It might apply to DOA6 as well (or any modern game for that matter(consoles are getting outdated fast).

Unless they ofc manage to fuck up the pc version :mad:

Pregnant bellies & balloon tits aside.. Steam is the platform I'm planning to buy my copy on (as well as soulcalibur 6).
Okubo (SC6 director) even mentioned in some E3 interview that It will be best optimized on PC, my guess is that It might apply to DOA6 as well (or any modern game for that matter(consoles are getting outdated fast).

The PC has more strength. In addition to being a freer and more profitable system.

crapoZK

Standard Donor

Don't worry my g. The E3 build for DOA6 was showcased on PC. From the showcases you can usually tell whenever a game will be optimized properly or not. Unless they make some crazy mistakes, this game looks promising.

shiki91

Nice to see some real fans here.

My only concern is how do they expect this game to sell to the masses. DOA has always had the rep of being a "tiddy fighter" and frankly, I don't see that changing after 22 years. The casuals will either avoid this game due to it being a "tiddy fighter" or because said tiddies have been removed - as the media has been oh-so-quick to point out on every occasion. Yes, everyone here will no doubt buy two copies, but I can't imagine the Japanese fanbase will like many of these changes either. And getting to be top dog in Esports and getting on ESPN is a tough gig. Only SFV is awarded that luxury and only a couple times per year for a few Grand Finals matches. Does Shimbori honestly think this game has enough power that it can bring in 250k+ viewers on twitch for the GFs like SFV does? If so, I'd like some of whatever he is on.

The FGC is not a huge fan of the mechanics in DOA - tiddies aside. So it will also be a hard sell to get them on board.

So I'm not sure precisely how they intend on this game being successful financially.

Nice to see some real fans here.

My only concern is how do they expect this game to sell to the masses. DOA has always had the rep of being a "tiddy fighter" and frankly, I don't see that changing after 22 years. The casuals will either avoid this game due to it being a "tiddy fighter" or because said tiddies have been removed - as the media has been oh-so-quick to point out on every occasion. Yes, everyone here will no doubt buy two copies, but I can't imagine the Japanese fanbase will like many of these changes either. And getting to be top dog in Esports and getting on ESPN is a tough gig. Only SFV is awarded that luxury and only a couple times per year for a few Grand Finals matches. Does Shimbori honestly think this game has enough power that it can bring in 250k+ viewers on twitch for the GFs like SFV does? If so, I'd like some of whatever he is on.

The FGC is not a huge fan of the mechanics in DOA - tiddies aside. So it will also be a hard sell to get them on board.

So I'm not sure precisely how they intend on this game being successful financially.

Tecmo was once bankrupt, and being honest, Dead Or Alive does not sell much compared to other titles like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter and mainly Mortal Kombat. That is a balance risk. People are very upset, that is serious damage to Tecmo. In addition DOA6 has several complaints of gender violence, that is extremely serious. And even DOA6 can be suspended. The criticisms of feminists are very, very high, and this can be a great damage. However, to all this. Life is such a good teacher that if you do not learn the lesson, he will repeat it again. Honestly I would not be surprised to see another Tecmo bankruptcy. Warren Buffett, has said "I would worry if my clients show massive discontent".

shiki91

You don't actually have to remove them. You just have to get people to believe they removed them. Which is what it seems they have done with all the journalists already.

Yes, that is what they've done.

I'm still not sure how this is an effective strategy, however.

SCVI has its tiddies in all their glory and that game is being very well-received, minus a few whiners on Kotaku that the average gamer does not give two damns about. I'm just not sure who the target audience is intended to be for this game. Freestepdodge is a relatively small community - dedicated, sure - but small. DOA 5 and 3 have good mechanics. But do you honestly think the average player is going to be willing to give this game a try, considering how they have basically sent the message that "Team ninja has betrayed its fans?" I wonder.

shiki91

Tecmo was once bankrupt, and being honest, Dead Or Alive does not sell much compared to other titles like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter and mainly Mortal Kombat. That is a balance risk. People are very upset, that is serious damage to Tecmo. In addition DOA6 has several complaints of gender violence, that is extremely serious. And even DOA6 can be suspended. The criticisms of feminists are very, very high, and this can be a great damage. However, to all this. Life is such a good teacher that if you do not learn the lesson, he will repeat it again. Honestly I would not be surprised to see another Tecmo bankruptcy. Warren Buffett, has said "I would worry if my clients show massive discontent".

I don't think this will bankrupt them. KT is a massive company with many IPs.

But should this game fail, it may be the end of a new DOA game for a very long time.

I don't think this will bankrupt them. KT is a massive company with many IPs.

But should this game fail, it may be the end of a new DOA game for a very long time.

Their financial statements are not as good as those of other companies. There is a critical economic risk. They have lost followers in social networks.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

There's so much misinformation in that article, I don't even know where to begin...
Since when were gravure scenes an original feature of the series? Since when were their butts and thighs realistically deforming before?
Also, do you have any idea what the "Soft Engine" actually is? It isn't a proper game engine that a game can run on, but the added features of subsurface scattering on the characters' skin, to make it look softer and warmer, and further improved physics of the breasts. It was named "Soft Engine" to sell those features, that you can find in many other current games as well, better to people who have no clue of the whole matter. It apparently worked. It's nothing special and the actual game engine DOA6 will now be running on will be able to run these features with ease. The question is only how pronounced does Team Ninja want it to be.

shiki91

There's so much misinformation in that article, I don't even know where to begin...
Since when were gravure scenes an original feature of the series? Since when where their butts and thighs realistically deforming before?
Also, do you you have any idea what the "Soft Engine" actually is? It isn't a proper game engine that a game can run on, but the added features of subsurface scattering on the characters' skin, to make it look softer and warme, and further improved physics of the breats. It was named "Soft Engine" to sell those features, that you can find in many other current games as well, well better to people who have no clue of the whole matter. It apparently worked. It's nothing special and the actual game engine DOA6 will now be running on will be able to run these features with ease. The question is only how pronounced does Team Ninja want it to be.

It's really hard to say to what extent the Dynasty Warriors 9 engine even allows for "physics." So far, we've seen none. Maybe it will not be doable.

No doubt this will impact sales, but to what extent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD