Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiki91

Did you register another account to agree with yourself?

No, you'd be mistaken. I'm new.

I haven't signed his petition because it's honestly pointless. Devs never listen to petitions, especially ones this silly.

I just expect the game to sell like hot crap and don't think they seem to understand business very well.

I can see why people said to ignore you...

There's so much misinformation in that article, I don't even know where to begin...
Since when were gravure scenes an original feature of the series? Since when were their butts and thighs realistically deforming before?
Also, do you have any idea what the "Soft Engine" actually is? It isn't a proper game engine that a game can run on, but the added features of subsurface scattering on the characters' skin, to make it look softer and warmer, and further improved physics of the breasts. It was named "Soft Engine" to sell those features, that you can find in many other current games as well, better to people who have no clue of the whole matter. It apparently worked. It's nothing special and the actual game engine DOA6 will now be running on will be able to run these features with ease. The question is only how pronounced does Team Ninja want it to be.
It is the opinion of that author. However the graphics engine is not surprising compared to its predecessor. Matt Groening has defended his project for almost 30 years, and that is something that DOA should do.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's really hard to say to what extent the Dynasty Warriors 9 engine even allows for "physics." So far, we've seen none. Maybe it will not be doable.

No doubt this will impact sales, but to what extent?

Are you honestly suggesting they'd make the effort to develop their own current generation engine and it wasn't able to use features even the DOA5 engine, which was just an improved DOA4 engine, was able to do?
Sure, Team Ninja will put their flagship series on a new engine that can't even do proper physics.

dr-house-rolling-eyes.gif

"Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths"

I hope they meant FUN and AWESOME
Sincerely, the companies now focus their interests on the economic system. It is as if they lost their passion. The SJW community is gaining ground every day. And only God knows how this story ends.

shiki91

Are you honestly suggesting they'd make the effort to develop their own current generation engine and it wasn't able to use features even the DOA5 engine, which was just an improved DOA4 engine was able to do over ten years ago?
Sure, Team Ninja will put their flagship series on a new engine that can't even do proper physics.

dr-house-rolling-eyes.gif

Posting lame gifs hardly helps prove your point.

Am I suggesting the current Team Ninja is incompetent? Yes. I don't think that's a particularly noteworthy statement either. Ninja Gaiden 3 was absolute garbage. DOA5 was honestly more of a fluke than anything else.

Your faith in them is misplaced.

shiki91

I dunno, they listened to complaints on Twitter back when the doa5 alpha demo was released.

Thank God for that.

Let's hope they release another demo for DOA6, one that everyone can try, and we'll see what the feedback amounts to. Though, to be honest, for some reason, I believe they are serious this time.

I played the DOA5 alpha demo. It had boob physics and the boobs were the same as they were in the official release version. So this version is already quite different in that respect.

So nothing really changed after the alpha demo... unless we assume they were planning on making Tina et al. flat, etc. - which I somehow doubt.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Damn.... ONLY THE DOA COMMUNITY would cry about this.

Whenever I see a topic like this again I gotta mute it xD. The game is less than 10% done on a new engine and what majority of the vocal community is focused on is whether high-poly bouncing breasts is still an option??? And then to be taken seriously by everyone, everywhere in the same breath???? That ain't it bruh. Count me out. I'm sticking to gameplay topics xD

shiki91

Damn.... ONLY THE DOA COMMUNITY would cry about this.

Whenever I see a topic like this again I gotta mute it xD. The game is less than 10% done on a new engine and what majority of the vocal community is focused on is whether high-poly bouncing breasts is still an option??? And then to be taken seriously by everyone, everywhere in the same breath???? That ain't it bruh. Count me out. I'm sticking to gameplay topics xD

The game is certainly more than 10% done, despite whatever they may claim. Unless you expect 45 stages and over 70 characters. lol

I suspect they are upset that Team Ninja has removed something they liked and that was a big part of the series' image. And there have been multiple articles, like the one the OP cited, all stating the same exact message. So I'd say the upheaval is warranted.

Gameplay looks awful too... but that is not what this topic is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD