Dead or Alive 6 (PC)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
What's the difficult to play DOA on keyboard? I Always play every game on keyboard ;)
Why would you Keyboard when you could
3.png
?

NightAntilli

Never played DOA on keyboard, but I did play KwonHo on keyboard, and it went fine. It basically used the same system as DOA, which was punch, kick and guard button. It had just frame attacks also, and there was nothing I couldn't execute. There were no inputs like the Izuna drop though, but it had a bunch of diagonal inputs. But I don't see using a keyboard as a limit, really. If you have a mechanical one, in some ways it can even trump an arcade stick. I for one prefer using my right hand for movement and left hand for attacks on anything other than a controller. As a side-note. KwonHo was the reason Kokoro was my main in DOA4.

For the ones that don't know KwonHo;

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What's the difficult to play DOA on keyboard? I Always play every game on keyboard ;)

I use a mechanical keyboard. It accepts WASD. Half circles are a little hard as you have to pause a split second between the down motion as it has to register the down specifically for most half circles instead of the diagonals.

I set my H, P, and K buttons to M, K, and L keys as they give me a close arcade stick layout.

If you have one of the low-end keyboards, you might also have difficulty unless you use macros. My laptop won't respond to anything more than three keys so I can't side step.

gatto tom

Standard Donor
I use original Setup that KT put on Keyboard. Btw yes sometimes it seems that i can't hold properly :mad:

ryu_highabusa

No... DoA4's Holds were broken...
The holds were broken in the sense that they're overpowered. Power Blows are broken in the sense that they're completely useless. There's zero reason to go for one other than to be flashy, same as slope throws. They don't add anything to the game in its current state.

NightAntilli

I don't share the opinion of power blows being useless. They're not the most useful thing in the game. But if you can execute it on a blocking opponent, you get a free hit in after the guard break. And if you do hit the power blow itself, you can trigger additional damage that is exclusive to the power blow.

Lulu

The holds were broken in the sense that they're overpowered. Power Blows are broken in the sense that they're completely useless. There's zero reason to go for one other than to be flashy, same as slope throws. They don't add anything to the game in its current state.

After a CB for most characters a Power Blow is the most damage you can do.... so... theres one use atleast... that being said.... I honestly won't miss them if they remove them.

Kritoth

I know this is late in the thread. The PC version is the one I plan to get when it comes out. It would seem strange not to have a basic lobby/tournament system. But we'll see, I guess.

LethalKasumi

I know this is late in the thread. The PC version is the one I plan to get when it comes out. It would seem strange not to have a basic lobby/tournament system. But we'll see, I guess.

There's no timing on when you can add stuff lol. I agree with you!

NightAntilli

Yeah but it says multiplayer, online multiplayer & local multiplayer.
I think multiplayer is simply multiplayer in general, while the online and local are subsets of it.

In other words, Steam has different categories for games for when people search. If you click one of the links you arrive at a browsing tag, and on the right you can choose the categories. They don't want to omit something if people search with a plain multiplayer 'tag'. So when a game states it has multiplayer, it can be either online or local or both. They specify the local and online also to avoid omitting results or to avoid confusion, when such specific tags are chosen in the search. If the game was only labeled 'multiplayer', it could be omitted if a user would use the 'local multiplayer' tag for example.

LethalKasumi

I think multiplayer is simply multiplayer in general, while the online and local are subsets of it.

In other words, Steam has different categories for games for when people search. If you click one of the links you arrive at a browsing tag, and on the right you can choose the categories. They don't want to omit something if people search with a plain multiplayer 'tag'. So when a game states it has multiplayer, it can be either online or local or both. They specify the local and online also to avoid omitting results or to avoid confusion, when such specific tags are chosen in the search. If the game was only labeled 'multiplayer', it could be omitted if a user would use the 'local multiplayer' tag for example.

That makes more sense. It was just confusing cause the original post says "the following features will be in the game" and all 3 were mentioned seperately.

ryu_highabusa

So, did ya'll see the clusterfuck that was the CPT FFCRAN2018 being run on PC? (Please watch that stream or put it on in the background it is so amazing) I'm fully expecting the PC version of DOA6 to have equal feature parity with the console versions, that seems like a non-issue since PC is lead platform. I'm expecting the PC version to be the definitive version but how does Team Ninja get around the issue of controllers not being hot-swappable on PC? That's a serious issue that's pretty much out of their hands. Unless TN and other fighter game PC devs put some kind of pressure on PC manufacturers to come up with a solution then PC will never be the go-to setup for fighting game tournaments. I have a gaming laptop, which would be the perfect tournament setup if not for the issue of how PCs and consoles handle input devices differently. Thoughts? If DOA6 doesn't have crossplay, then I expect this one issue to split the community pretty heavy.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD