Dead or Alive 6 (PC)

immi

I'm expecting the PC version to be the definitive version but how does Team Ninja get around the issue of controllers not being hot-swappable on PC? That's a serious issue that's pretty much out of their hands.
what ?
input devices have been hot-swappable on the PC since we switched from serial ports/game ports/PS2 ports to USB connections in like the late 90's. ;)
unless there is some special about fighting sticks that i am missing. it's not really possible to tell from the stream what the actually technical problem is.

Lulu

what ?
input devices have been hot-swappable on the PC since we switched from serial ports/game ports/PS2 ports to USB connections in like the late 90's. ;)
unless there is some special about fighting sticks that i am missing. it's not really possible to tell from the stream what the actually technical problem is.

Sometimes the Hot swapping issue lies withing the game itself rather than the PC... like once a controller gets disconnected te game wants that specific controller back.... it won't let you swap it out unless you close the game and open it again.

Barrogh

unless there is some special about fighting sticks that i am missing
Well, those often use the very same chips from pads, or whatever else really; if there's an issue with them, it probably doesn't have anything to do with how this particular controller is shaped.

Sometimes the Hot swapping issue lies withing the game itself rather than the PC... like once a controller gets disconnected te game wants that specific controller back.... it won't let you swap it out unless you close the game and open it again.
IIRC DoA5 had this issue where it would identify your controller setup during launching sequence, meaning you would need to re-boot the game if you wanted to swap double pad setup for pad + KB setup.
Or maybe I'm wrong here and that was actually better implemented / fixed later.
Still, DoA5 had its share of problems with controllers regardless. Like lacking a way to rebind keys on anything that wasn't detected as pad. Had to resort to AutoHotkey to play on KB :/

d3v

Hot swapping will not be an issue, as most TOs will most likely be running the game on console.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD