Dead or Alive 6 (PC)

Old Bear

Standard Donor
Steam now lists DOA 6 and states that the following features will be in the game. It is nice to see that there will be steam cloud this time around.

Single-player

Multi-player

Online Multi-Player

Local Multi-Player

Steam Achievements

Full controller support

Steam Cloud

Steam Leader boards

On the store page it also briefly talks about the game.

[Introduce DOA Series]
The Dead or Alive franchise is a AAA fighting game series produced by Koei Tecmo Games' Team NINJA. Composed of fast-paced 3D fighting games that began with the original Dead or Alive in 1996, Dead or Alive 6 will be the sixth entry in the series. This game features fighting entertainment with multi-tiered stages that are now both dynamic and critical parts of the competitive experience.

[Story]
The story will follow that of Dead or Alive 5, shedding light on 2 main narratives; namely, the battle between “Ninja and DOATEC” versus “M.I.S.T. lead by Donovan”, and the tournament “Dead or Alive 6”. New episodes will also be added for returning characters.

[The New Visuals]
The visuals of DOA6 express dramatic lighting that goes beyond the genre of “fighting games” and focus on serious, tougher fighting, rather than sexualized visuals. It also features improved skin and sweat textures, introducing wounds, as well as flexible, varied facial animations.

[Triangle System]
Fights in Dead or Alive 6 are based on a Traditional triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.

[Break Actions - New Combat Mechanics]
With this title, we are introducing a new Special Move Gauge (Break Gauge) to the DEAD OR ALIVE series, making the fights more strategic than ever before. Because the actions can be performed by simply pressing the [RB] button, even beginners can enjoy the new system.

[Break Blow] A strong, high-damage special move that knocks the opponent away. The first part of the move also parries attacks, working as both an offensive and defensive move!

[Break Hold] A convenient counter technique that can also be used while the player is heavily stunned. It should only be used in tight situations due to its light-damage output.

[Fatal Rush] Players can achieve unique combos by consecutively pressing the [RB] button. Beginners can even play by using this move exclusively, though its disadvantages will prove to be a calculated risk for more experienced players.[New Danger Zones]

[Rumble Danger] If knocked into onlookers, they will push the player back into the center of the stage. It is a trap that combines the atmosphere of a real street fight with strategy.

[Mass-Destruction] If the opponent is knocked into a large stack of nearby boxes with a “Break Blow” or ”Fatal Rush”, they will plow through them all in one hit! This causes a huge burst of damage and provides an exhilarating rush.

All the above information comes from the steam store page.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
l0l what's a keyboard in a 3d fighting game?

tumblr_inline_o6xa15bbG21u0qcv9_500.gif

Jokes aside. I wonder when Steam will reveal the minimum/recommend specs. I'm curious to see if my new gaming PC can handle it.

Lulu

l0l what's a keyboard in a 3d fighting game?

tumblr_inline_o6xa15bbG21u0qcv9_500.gif

Yeah I don't get it either but I have a Cousin and a Friend who absolutely cannot play on Pad.... tThey are literally Keyboard Warriors.

Jokes aside. I wonder when Steam will reveal the minimum/recommend specs. I'm curious to see if my new gaming PC can handle it.
I just upgraded my Machine so I would also like to know if I'm Compatible.

Lulu

Get them Hit Boxes.

LoL... they don't have any down here...

I'm going to have to Make One... should be straightforward... I just need that all illusive PCB :oops: ugh... I hate this country... I have to import everything.

TheDragonAwakens

I completely suck with an xbox controller. Can't even perform 41236 inputs consistently while on the keyboard I pull it off flawlessly every fucking time.

Lulu

I completely suck with an xbox controller. Can't even perform 41236 inputs consistently while on the keyboard I pull it off flawlessly every fucking time.

The biggest issue with playing on Keyboard is if you press too many Keys at once then some key presses just don't register.

This an issue for my friend in SFV when it was time to use V-Skills...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Online lobbies is the only fanservice i want, it would have a bigger effect on my peener than any of the swimsuit DLC’s combined.
Ugh, are you serious? What is so appealing about staring at people's names? Why wouldn't you people rather play the game? If the lobby system is the same as 5 or 4 then I have little interest in picking up this game. I've spent infinitely more time staring at DOA5's menus and gamertags in lobbies than I have inside actual matches.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
Ugh, are you serious? What is so appealing about staring at people's names? Why wouldn't you people rather play the game? If the lobby system is the same as 5 or 4 then I have little interest in picking up this game. I've spent infinitely more time staring at DOA5's menus and gamertags in lobbies than I have inside actual matches.
So you know, i can invite my friends and play with them instead of all having to press search at the same time and hoping we find eachother. And i can also change the rules and shit.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think chibi avatars and cool little online things would be cool but I wouldn't want them if they'll affect online like they did in DOA4. I'm a minimalist as well so DOA5's more simple and less busy online menus is alot better imo than say Tekken 7's Online menu or even DBFZ or BBTB's online menus with the chibis and stuff where they seem to devote a bit too much to that aspect than they do the actual online set up

Sometimes less is more in my eyes when it comes to making online matchmaking and lobbies actually playable

d3v

The biggest issue with playing on Keyboard is if you press too many Keys at once then some key presses just don't register.

This an issue for my friend in SFV when it was time to use V-Skills...
That's a hardware issue though as it's the keyboard itself that cannot detect the key presses. They need to get a keyboard with "n-key rollover" so they can any number of keys simultaneously and the keyboard will detect them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD