Dead Or Alive Hardcore

breathofflame34

So, what is Dead or Alive Hardcore on the PS2? Is it just a remake of 2? Also is Hitomi in it like in Ultimate 2 if it is a remake? (Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but I wasn't sure if it belonged in the subsection for 2.)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DOA2U felt more like a remake than DOA2H. DOA2H for the PS2 was basically the JPN version of DOA2 with two characters that you were finally able to unlock, which was Bayman and Bankotsubo (Tengu) and a bit more added content like mentioned here such as stages and Gallery mode, which wasn't present in DOA2 for the Dreamcast.

Hitomi was introduced in DOA3, but I think I remember her being in DOA2U as part of the newer characters you had to unlock.

breathofflame34

DOA2U felt more like a remake than DOA2H. DOA2H for the PS2 was basically the JPN version of DOA2 with two characters that you were finally able to unlock, which was Bayman and Bankotsubo (Tengu) and a bit more added content like mentioned here such as stages and Gallery mode, which wasn't present in DOA2 for the Dreamcast.

Hitomi was introduced in DOA3, but I think I remember her being in DOA2U as part of the newer characters you had to unlock.
Yeah, I knew she debuted in 3, and she can be unlocked in 3 by two difrent methods, but since hardcore seemed to be a re-release, I was wondering if she was in there like she was in 2 Ultimate, I'm going to have to go to a pocket main if she isn't in there, becauyse my secondary character Koko, didn't come around till 4.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah, I knew she debuted in 3, and she can be unlocked in 3 by two difrent methods, but since hardcore seemed to be a re-release, I was wondering if she was in there like she was in 2 Ultimate, I'm going to have to go to a pocket main if she isn't in there, becauyse my secondary character Koko, didn't come around till 4.

Hitomi isn't in DOA2H I believe, but I do think she's in DOA2U for the Xbox which is the only DOA2 she's been on.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Shoot, I meant to say she can be unlocked in 2U by two different methods, having an xtreme save, or beating the story with Hayate.

No, you unlock Hitomi in 2U by completing story mode as Ein on normal difficulty or harder, while you also have a save file present for DOA3 and/or DOAX.

And Hayate is not in 2U.

breathofflame34

No, you unlock Hitomi in 2U by completing story mode as Ein on normal difficulty or harder, while you also have a save file present for DOA3 and/or DOAX.

And Hayate is not in 2U.
Hmmm... Well Gamefaqs was wrong then, hopefuly it's not as hard as DOA 4. Good night was DOA 4 a nightmare to play agaisnt Ein,and Jan Lee.
But Hayate, and Ein are literally the same person tho.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hmmm... Well Gamefaqs was wrong then, hopefuly it's not as hard as DOA 4. Good night was DOA 4 a nightmare to play agaisnt Ein,and Jan Lee.
But Hayate, and Ein are literally the same person tho.

GameFAQs lists her unlocking conditions the same as I stated.

And unlike DOA4, DOA2U is super easy to 100%. Not a single part of is difficult, but the item grinding in survival mode is incredibly tedious and time consuming. You're basically just at the mercy of RNG.

Jackie Chan Fan

I had DOA2H before. It's very similar to the DOA2 from Dreamcast. The holds are all back + H, whether high, mid, or low. So it's easier to pull off. :D

breathofflame34

GameFAQs lists her unlocking conditions the same as I stated.

And unlike DOA4, DOA2U is super easy to 100%. Not a single part of is difficult, but the item grinding in survival mode is incredibly tedious and time consuming. You're basically just at the mercy of RNG.
Hmmm... Maybe it was the IGN boards or something? Maybe I just remeber wrong. I do know I was looking at some of the secrets for other DOA games on the IGN boards around the time I bought Ultimate, ehh.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD