DOA5LR describe your most recent"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" moment

Camel with 2 thumbs

if you've played this game online, you've seen some wacky stuff, but every once in a while you get hit with something that just defies everything you think you know and you scream to yourself WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

my most recent moment like this was last night while i was fighting a hitomi player with honoka, i did honoka's pp2k cause after a couple rounds it was obvious that this dude had no intention of ever blocking low. so i do the string, the hitomi blocks the first two punches, after that the hitomi's 6p+k comes out and i get counter hit, and i'm just staring at the screen with this dumb look on my face like are you serious? why would you do that? who knows, maybe he knew that you can hit honoka out of the 2k and demonstrated his great reactions and wealth of game knowledge, but i prefer to believe he was just rubbing his face on the pad and 6p+k just happened to work in that very specific scenario. i mean really, out of all the things to hit during blockstun, your answer was a 20 frame standing mid with no defensive properties? hurts my brain just to think about it

Mayor-Of-Mustard

i was using ayane's 6p far too much and i was questioning myself why they were able to counter me so easily.
stay sober playing ranked, kids.

also my battery ran out playing against a pai player. they thought i raged quitted. rip

I saw a Bayman player that was throwing far too much, I don't remember if I lost or won since this was back in Vanilla, but damn that was risky.

Princeofhalcyon

I dont know if it counts, but i was in a horribly laggy match once with an Ayane, and every second she wasn't attacking she was taunting, and whenever i tried to go in she would 12k (i think thats the input) me and the lag was so bad i couldnt even tell when my inputs were happening and even mashing was doing me no good so everything kept connecting. So i guess it went from a ''why would you do that?'' to a ''oh thats why..'' And me getting crushed by the same unsafe move over and over.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
My most recent moment fitting that description was constantly asking myself the following questions in my head as I play online:

"Why am I still afraid of opening up to more people in the community?"
"Why do I still feel like I'm not good enough?"
"Why am I afraid to take risks?"
"What will others think of me if I play? Will they judge me? Will they no longer treat me like shit? How can I tell?"
"When will my insecurities finally be put to rest?"
"Why am I thinking about all this stuff now?"

UmbxCrisisx

My most recent moment fitting that description was constantly asking myself the following questions in my head as I play online:

"Why am I still afraid of opening up to more people in the community?"
"Why do I still feel like I'm not good enough?"
"Why am I afraid to take risks?"
"What will others think of me if I play? Will they judge me? Will they no longer treat me like shit? How can I tell?"
"When will my insecurities finally be put to rest?"
"Why am I thinking about all this stuff now?"
This thread just went dark

Nikotsumi

People picking Dojo, no joke... I literally ask that question to myself every single time it happens.

Chapstick

People picking Dojo, no joke... I literally ask that question to myself every single time it happens.
I see Honoka players pick dojo all the time vs like AYANE and EIN and it's like

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

& then when I ask them why they pick dojo they say "it's the fairest stage" LOL

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I see Honoka players pick dojo all the time vs like AYANE and EIN and it's like

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

& then when I ask them why they pick dojo they say "it's the fairest stage" LOL
Realistically I would say "Sweat" is the fairest stage, fairly large, walls, and there's no electricity on the sides

Chapstick

Realistically I would say "Sweat" is the fairest stage, fairly large, walls, and there's no electricity on the sides
It favors spacing chars because it's big. And the only way I imagine electric walls being a plus for one character over another is if one of their holds or throws gets a huge damage boost from it

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It favors spacing chars because it's big. And the only way I imagine electric walls being a plus for one character over another is if one of their holds or throws gets a huge damage boost from it
I wouldn't know tbh XD when I choose a stage I choose based on the beauty of the stage and the stage music, like if I could, I would choose the rapids stage over and over because I love the music and visuals of the part where the raft becomes stuck and you see that rainbow, best transition in the game hands down

Another mistake I regret is choosing costumes without heels...i swear on my AFRO that I play much better and more fluid when I use a costume with heels in it, but if I choose a swimsuit or a normal costume without them suddenly I feel off. Heels help with my zoning and spacing tbh, like I feel more accurate

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD