Design new characters for DOA6

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I just sent the final PDF to Team Ninja, a document gathering popular and personal ideas for newcomers. I hope they will read it!
Take a look if you're interested and don't hesitate to give me your opinion! :)

I love these ideas! I'd make my own characters, but I know nothing about fighting styles and stuff like that.

KwonJigglypuff

Decided to restyle and limit the newcomers I had in mind. The order shows the way they could be 'promoted' regarding their importance in the story.

The Mother of Justice
1508507280-3.jpg

Inspirations: Yunjin Kim (Korean actress), Mizuki (Ninja Gaiden)
Tag: Bayman (partner), Rig (ennemy)
Individuality: ability to counter-strike neutral throws, scissor throws/holds
Stage: SK Bridge
Hobby: Pottery

The Ambitious Lackey
1508502432-4.jpg

Inspirations: James (Pokemon), Vega (Street Fighter)
Tag: Christie (boss), Rig (jealous)
Individuality: slim grappler, tsukamis and pedantic taunts
Stage: MIST Training Room (weather options)
Hobby: Genealogy

The Karma Dancer
1508507276-1.jpg

Inspirations: Olivia (Fire Emblem), Zafina (Tekken)
Tag: Phase-4 (friend), Leon ('The Professional' relationship)
Individuality: a lot of flexibility and transitions
Stage: Turquoise Prairie
Hobby: Gemmology

The Kitty Thief
1508804761-2.jpg

Inspirations: Xiba (Soul Calibur), Kimochi (my cat)
Tag: Lei Fang (stalks her), Honoka (true love interest)
Individuality: cat-like animations, jumping and crawling moves
Stage: Cano Cristal River
Hobby: Amusement parks

The Benevolent Beefcake
1508506556-7.jpg

Inspirations: Ranver Singh (Bollywood actor), Miguel (Tekken)
Tag: Rig (ennemy), Bass (friendly rivalry)
Individuality: charging moves, animation locks
Stage: Sumo Ring
Hobby: Jigsaw puzzles

The Wily Explorer
1518020307-5.jpg

Inspirations: Ms. Monday (Yaiba), Koshosho (Samurai Warriors)
Tag: Marie-Rose (Freedom Survivor's guardian), Alex (ally)
Individuality: eye-gouging, crotch stuns
Stage: Revamped Sanctuary (Angkor Temple)
Hobby: Karaoke

The Vain Ninja-Wannabe
1508502439-6.jpg

Inspirations: Owain (Fire Emblem), William (Ni-Oh)
Tag: Nyotengu (trophy), Nuri (ally)
Individuality: heavy acrobat, can run on the walls
Stage: Revamped Experimental Playground (giant kangaroos)
Hobby: Insect collecting

My favourite being Ji Yeon for sure as I've always wanted a Korean lady.

I could see a playable Donovan as well, with the return of Shiden. Both could meet during an epic fight and speak about their "daughters" (Kasumi/Phase-4).
I wonder what role Misaki could have... I can see her working as a blogger for MIST to reveal some classified stuff (DOATEC's role in Lauren's death for instance). Or maybe she's just a cyborg using Genra's powers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

The new ones are super good, I like Aja!

Thanks you are so kind!
I realized how hard it was for me to create male characters and try to make them interesting or "popular".
Aja's greatest argument is actually his sex-appeal, as he would be the first human/fuckable character in DOA with defined hairy pecs.
I would like a body model in HD like Taleb Nematpour. :eek:

Added a ribbon on Ji Yeon's C3, as I really want it to look like a modern hanbok-suit.

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Thanks you are so kind!
I realized how hard it was for me to create male characters and try to make them interesting or "popular".
Aja's greatest argument is actually his sex-appeal, as he would be the first character in DOA with defined hairy pecs.
I would like a body model in HD like Taleb Nematpour. :eek:

Added a ribbon on Ji Yeon's C3, as I really want it to look like a modern hanbok-suit.
but...but raydoo. raydoo. aja would be the second.
DOA5LR_Raidou_Render.png

Argentus

Decided to restyle and limit the newcomers I had in mind. The order shows the way they could be 'promoted' regarding their importance in the story.

The Soldier of Justice
1508507280-3.jpg

Inspirations: Yunjin Kim (Korean actress), Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
Tag: Bayman (partner), Rig (ennemy)
Individuality: ability to counter-strike neutral throws, scissor throws/holds
Stage: SK Bridge

The Ambitious Lackey
1508502432-4.jpg

Inspirations: James (Pokemon), Vega (Street Fighter)
Tag: Christie (boss), Rig (jealous)
Individuality: slim grappler, tsukamis and pedantic taunts
Stage: MIST Training Room (weather options)

The Introverted Dancer
1508507276-1.jpg

Inspirations: Olivia (Fire Emblem), Zafina (Tekken)
Tag: Phase-4 (friend), Leon ('The Professional' relationship)
Individuality: a lot of flexibility and transitions
Stage: Turquoise Prairie

The Cheeky Thief
1508502432-2.jpg

Inspirations: Xiba (Soul Calibur), Kimochi (my cat)
Tag: Lei Fang (stalks her), Honoka (true love interest)
Individuality: cat-like animations, jumping and crawling moves
Stage: Cano Cristal River

The Benevolent Beefcake
1508506556-7.jpg

Inspirations: Ranver Singh (Bollywood actor), Miguel (Tekken)
Tag: Rig (ennemy), Bass (friendly rivalry)
Individuality: charging moves, animation locks
Stage: Sumo Ring

The Wily Explorer
1508502436-5.jpg

Inspirations: Excella (Resident Evil), Koshosho (Samurai Warriors)
Tag: Marie-Rose (Freedom Survivor's guardian), Alex (ally)
Individuality: eye-gouging, unconventional moves, slaps
Stage: Revamped Sanctuary (Angkor Temple)

The Vain Ninja-Wannabe
1508502439-6.jpg

Inspirations: Owain (Fire Emblem), William (Ni-Oh)
Tag: Nyotengu (trophy), Nuri (ally)
Individuality: heavy acrobat, can run on the walls
Stage: Revamped Experimental Playground (giant kangaroos)

My favourite being Ji Yeon for sure as I've always wanted a Korean lady.

I could see a playable Donovan as well, with the return of Shiden. Both could meet during an epic fight and speak about their "daughters" (Kasumi/Phase-4).
I wonder what role Misaki could have... I can see her working as a blogger for MIST to reveal some classified stuff (DOATEC's role in Lauren's death for instance). Or maybe she's just a cyborg using Genra's powers. :rolleyes:

I'll take Ji Yeon in her C1 please yes and thank you

I'm love with that character at first sight lol.

KwonJigglypuff

Changed Kimo's nationality to Brazilian (instead of Colombia), as there is a biggest gaming community there, and more potential DOA players.
Also changed Nuri's country of origin to Thailand, as Islam in Indonesia is very big, and I can't see Nuri coming from there based on her attitude lol (please correct me if I'm wrong). Based on the same reason, maybe Sultana's nationality should be changed ? Can someone inform me of the subject ?

It wouldn't be too crazy in the future to have a character from Taiwan, Poland, Turkey, Philippines, South Africa, as well.

Which other nationalities would you like to see ?

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

This is what I had in mind for Sultana's fighting style: Dharma Ballet, an original martial art taking its root in the Indian religions.
As Sultana is a princess, I believe she should embody order and equanimity. The Dharma wheel is a large concept but I think it fits the idea of transitioning into different 'stances' in order to attain these values. Each of these path as a purpose, a conduct, forming a dancing art which give you new tools in your life.

In concrete terms, it's a mix of Zafina, Wii Fit Trainer and Lei Fei from VF of course. :rolleyes:

1509019759-dharma-ballet.jpg

Dee15gon

What's his name ? :)
What would be his individuality ?
His name is Michael Jai White.
He's a practitioner in Goju-ryu Karate, Shotokan Karate, Taekwondo, Kobudo, Tang Soo Do, Kyokushin, and Wushu.
White started training in the martial arts at the age of seven in Jujutsu and then Shotokan moving to other styles later.

He's really good with swords, tonfas, and nunchuks. Can easily beat you with a scabbard.

Individuality? His fighting style is both offensive, and defensive. Very quick and very strong. Fast, hard-hitting punches and lighting fast kicks.
His skill with multiple fighting styles allows him to adapt and be flexible. Good at close, mid, and far range.
Think of him as a much stronger version of Ein, Hitomi, Rig and a faster version of Bayman and Leon put together. He's a strike and grappler hybrid fighter.

Personality? He is usually calm and reserved most of the time. He always speaks professionally when around Helena, Bayman, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Ayane. When around people like Bass, Zack, Jann Lee, Eliot, Brad Wong, Hitomi, Lei-Fang, Kokoro, Tina, or Mila. He is more casual. As a martial artist, he is very confident in his abilities and is very respectful towards other martial artists as well as encouraging.
Like Jann Lee, he trains constantly and works out a lot.

Character background? The man is retired veteran soldier (possibly, Navy Seals or Marines). He is a troubled soul who suffers from PTSD after his comrades were killed by a mysterious ninja during his mission. The man would find out that the ninja was an assassin working under Victor Donovan.

Height? Around Leon or Bayman's height.

Enemies: Victor Donovan, Christie, Unknown Rogue Ninja (possibly Phase 4, Raidou or another unknown ninja).

Allies: Hayabusa, Ayane, Hayate, Helena, Bayman

Rivals: Hayabusa, Bayman, Leon, Christie, Rig, Jann Lee, Hitomi, Mila

Some videos
Michael Jai White Tribute: (Very strong and quick, solid kicks)

Universal Soldier The Return:

Blood and Bone:

Undisputed 2: (This is his best fight)

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I think Kokoro needs a true friend. And Ayane needs a purpose.
I also think you should be able to create your own fighter to bring more diversity.

Meet Ino, the Illusion Avatar! :)

1510020308-8.jpg

Name: Ino
Fighting style: Vajra-Musti
Nationality: American

Raised in Hawaii, Ino has mysteriously inherited Genra's powers. The tokkosho he/she uses had been stolen from Ayane, who had killed Genra during the third tournament. While the purple-haired ninja tries to get it back, Ino, willing to find its roots, decides to take part in the sixth tournament.

There, he/she meets Kokoro who he/she befriends rapidly. Both are looking for answers regarding their origins They meet Helena on Freedom Survivor, but the latter does not provide good answers. Fed up of being ignored by DOATEC, they decide to elope from the ship and find MIST labs. At some point, Ino remembers where he/she comes from: Ino is actually a non-human created by MIST to continue Omega's legacy and destroy the kunoichi Ayane once and for all...

- INO / INΩ stands for "INheritor of Omega".
- Ino also means "evil or storm" in Hawaiian, "boar" in Japanese, representing his/her ferocity and recklessness.
- Ino also sounds like "inho" which means "jealous" in Hindi, refering to the fact he/she stole Ayane's tokkosho, and is charged to kill her.
- Hawaii being a state reporting multiples inheritages from Asia and mixed races and being one of the most important destination for Japanese tourists, I believe it is a good way to have a "fantasy" character representing both America and Japan.

Tag: Kokoro (friend), Ayane (reluctant ennemy)
Individuality: Tyrant stance (DOAD), long range, projectiles
Stage: Diamond Head
Hobby: Hiking

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

A Chronicle mode like Samurai Warriors 4 in DOA6 would be awesome!
Also maybe in future Xtreme games we could customise owner-san and be able to participate in mini-games and so on

Dee15gon

What if DOA6 had an ax-crazy Hong Kong martial artist like this guy?
giphy.gif

Name - Hoi
Nationality - Either Hong Kong or Taiwan
Age - Mid 30s
Height - Around Bayman's height.
Allies - Donovan, Christie (sometimes), Rig (Rig hates working with him)
Enemies - Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, Helena, Bayman, Zack, Jann-Lee
Rivals - Jann-Lee, Rig, Christie, Bayman
Fighting Style - Some form of Kung Fu (I don't know the name).
Occupation - Hitman
Personality - He is a stone-cold killer (like the Hard Boiled villain). Compared to Bayman or Christie (who are more professional), Hoi is very openly brutal in his assassinations (he likes killing civilians). Both Christie, and Bayman despise him for his unnecessary bodycount. He also loves a good fight. He likes to antagonize the ninja characters (especially Ayane due to her tsundere personality). Yeah, he's a troll.

Most of the main cast hate him.

His fighting style is similar to Jann Lee's (dragon kick, upperkick). But more brutal, unorthodox, and underhanded.
He makes it look like he's going to do Jann Lee's Dragon Cannon (PPP6P) or Dragon Rush (PPPK).
Instead, he does a Dragon Fang (PPP6T), a neck grab followed by two punches to the chest and a choke slam to the ground.
He has a throw that can kick you to a wall after throwing you to the ground.
He has the quickest backdash.
He'll step on you a few times (2KKK) if don't get off the ground quickly.

A few moves:

Mid Kick - 66K
tumblr_ozmjifDQki1wiuma1o1_540.gif

Dragon Kick - 236K, obviously...
giphy.gif

Upper Kick - 9KK & 4H (mid punch counter hold)
giphy.gif

Cresent Kick
giphy.gif

Sweep Kick
giphy.gif

Back Throw - 4T
giphy.gif

Taunt (or Winpose) - Laugh
giphy.gif

Evasive moves (backflips, frontflips, sideflips, etc)
giphy.gif

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Taking this from another thread:
6a9a0e4bd0.jpg

Why didn't this happen?!?!?!
She kind of looks like a Naomi.... Naomi. I kind of see her playing like Sie Kensou from KOFXIII.
Kensou_sprite.gif
However, her name is no longer Naomi, it's now;

Name: Mei
Origin: Chinese
Fighting Style: Choy Li Fut
Height: (Not sure yet, but she's going to be the shortest character in the game.)
Breakdown of Choy Li Fut: (
wiki)
The stances of Choy Li Fut are similar in height to other martial arts styles, such as Hung Gar, but not as high as those of Wing Chun. This allows the practitioner to move quickly during combat without sacrificing stability and power generation. What is unique to the Choy Li Fut style is sometimes termed "whipping", where the practitioner's upper torso twists to generate more power in executing hand and arm techniques. In other martial art styles, the upper body is less dynamic, placing more emphasis in stability and generation of static power. Other differences include how the practitioner's stance should be while facing their opponent. In the Hung Gar and Wing Chun styles, practitioners hold their torso perpendicular to an opponent, to allow the full use of both arms. In contrast, Choy Li Fut holds the torso at an angle to the opponent to reduce the target area exposed to him, and to allow the practitioner more reach.

Bio:
[soon]

Mei Gameplay:
Mei's gameplan is to constantly rush the opponent, mixing them up with varying hit levels, and coordinately deflect incoming counter hit attempts. Her fast strikes and throws make up for her extreme lack of damage (flat girl weakness), and her mixups on oki/at the wall are a forced to be reckoned with. Elaborating more on her throws, a wide range of Mei's throws leave her opponents at a huge standing disadvantage, leaving them open to a guessing game as soon as the throw is done. Though she does not deal a large amount of damage in the initial throw, Mei can carve off a great deal of HP from her opponent's life gauge if they make the wrong guesses. Mei's holds deal the most initial damage in her kit, however all successful holds are those that cause immediate knockdown. This is where her okizeme comes into play. As Mei's aim is to constantly push you towards walls/cliffs/dangerzones .etc, her oki is no different. She can put pressure on the opponent whilst they're still on the ground, as she has many attacks that connect with downed opponents, stopping them from WUKing. Her plethora of jumping attacks can beat out the low WUK as well.

Difficulty-wise, (I aim that) Mei will have a higher-if-not-highest execution barrier, as a lot of her strings come from and extend in On-Hit or On-Block situations. A Mei player will need to be able to do this as her initial attacks are quite unsafe, but if they can do the On-Hit string deviating from the attack, she is open to many options. She has many throws, guard breaks, and guaranteed pokes that come from on-hit string attacks. For example, her PPP is a standard string. On block (sans extended string), the last attack is -9, which leaves her susceptible to a damaging throw punish. However, if the Mei player is skilled enough, they can extend the string with her "Ng Lun Chui" (五輪搥) stance extensions. Ng Lun Chui (五輪搥) is a "stance" that can only be executed from certain On-Hit/Block strings and attacks. This stance consists of a guard break, an on-block throw, rush pokes, a slow sweep, and a sidestep kick. *Most* attacks that go into Ng Lun Chui (五輪搥) stance usually are highs, so although she is rewarded for being overly offensive, if someone has experience against Mei, they'll know where to duck and hold.

Mei's defense is.... fairly trash. Besides her holds, she has no "get off me" or panic moves. Against Mei, you want to be as in her face as she is in your face, either that or space her out because her mid-long range is not going to be good.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD