System Details of the Weight Classes and the Launcher Heights

YEH

@YEH it's not an issue with the tools I'm using, because in-game the move details page shows the same thing with Hayabusa 6P 3P+K
9Ot9HSE.png

1.60 = Leifang
1.61 = Hayabusa

That's what I meant by "omitted multiplier" which also means there's another factor in the full equation, I hate math but what can we do, this is life, and that's programming

WAZAAAAA

@YEH updated the list, Leifang and Pai now look closer to the @Mr. Wah list. I also included the frame advantage as a double check to make sure I wasn't fucking anything up horribly.

old inaccurate list:
CLASS 1 - 1.571762323 - (Heavy) Bass, Bayman, Leon, Rachel, Raidou
CLASS 2 - 1.572022915 - Gen Fu
CLASS 3 - 1.595032930 - Helena
CLASS 4 - 1.602723718 - Leifang, Pai
CLASS 5 - 1.605653048 - Brad Wong, Christie, Ein, Lisa, Nyotengu
CLASS 6 - 1.607422829 - Akira, Hayabusa, Hayate, Jacky, Jann Lee, Naotora, Rig, Tina, Zack
CLASS 7 - 1.625733733 - Ayane, Honoka, Kasumi, Marie Rose, Phase-4
CLASS 8 - 1.636353850 - Eliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mai, Mila, Momiji, Sarah
CLASS 9 - 1.746837139 - (Feather) Alpha-152

But the reason busa's 3P+K reports a lower value on Lei and Pai still escapes me. I wonder how many planets had to align for me to run the tests with that one specific problematic launcher lel

Brute

Standard Donor
But the reason busa's 3P+K reports a lower value on Lei and Pai still escapes me. I wonder how many planets had to align for me to run the tests with that one specific problematic launcher lel
There are probably multiple launchers that will report anomalies (as well as misc. commands in general). Team Ninja made some moves behave very strangely compared to others (Ryu's 2H+K comes to mind), and I'm still not sure it if it's the result of oversight or parts of some strange plans of theirs. Normally I'd assume the former, but I have trouble imagining that some of these weight tiers that should not exist were accidents. But then, assuming that they aren't, I literally cannot come up with a reasonable explanation as to why TN made them.

Reactions: YEH

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Physics engines can be a bane to test.

Heck, I remember in DOA3, Bass' 8K launched higher on normal hit than it did on critical hit, most likely because as a sense of 'reward' to risk landing it on normal/counter hit than to time it during a stun. Or was a balance overlook and either was deemed a Will Not Fix bug or some other reason.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't know what there is to tweet out. The list really hasn't changed from the original list before this topic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD