"Did you enjoy my full course of technique" - Leifang General Strategy Thread

Chapstick

As far as I know a sabaki is a reversal built into a strike, for example Leifang's 44P. A parry can just be thrown out by itself, like her 3H.

Lulu

As far as I know a sabaki is a reversal built into a strike, for example Leifang's 44P. A parry can just be thrown out by itself, like her 3H.

Oh okay thanks....... just making because 4P+K, in the combo challenge I think, is named Sabaki even though its not really a strike.

Chapstick

I think unshu's considered a sabaki too.

Btw you keep popping up in all my main characters' threads lol

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL.... I'm looking for someone to experiment with...... I think I posted on pretty much all the character boards within the span of 6 weeks.
The Top Candidates are Rig, Hitomi and Leifang but I might revisit Alpha or Ayane.

Lulu

The only reason they are top candidates is because I have no execution issues with them.... in an ideal world I would have Hayabusa and Sarah at the Top.

Chapstick

I'll start with a few video tips, you can trim your videos in the capture gallery to have it so it starts at the match rather than the replay section and if you press x during the intro poses it'll get rid of the progress bar before it pops up. Lastly if you sign out of psn before starting up LR it'll hide the PSN ID's to keep things anonymous but that's your choice
How well did i do in these 2 replays...
Did this person use random select and get Ayane?

Juggles need work (looks like you're just starting to learn her tho so those come naturally with time as you get more used to the character) and the throw punishing could have been better. When Ayane's -30 you should go for something better than 66T. 214T (esp with your back to a wall like when they did 66KKK) or 236T~4T~66T if you're confident with the timing.

Another thing I noticed was you seem to like 66K. Be careful with that because it can get predictable and it's unsafe iirc with an unsafe followup
vs someone like this, especially in an online environment, unshu can really come in handy. If you notice someone mashing those punches after finishing safe strings, unshu to put a stop to that. Idk if there was lag or not affecting it but your 236T chains could've been tighter, it's a strong OH with some good distance to it and if you can get the timing right it'll really hurt your opponents. I'm surprised this Hitomi wasn't able to break out unless they didn't know they could

Chapstick

Pros- like everything lol. She has fast options, safe options, good string manipulation, excellent damage, parries, bt parries (shuts down some stuff that's guaranteed on other characters), sabakis that are a real pain when someone can time them well, unshu, really really good OH's

Cons- I see people complain about her range but 236P 2H+K and 9PP are all really good though they're all unsafe

Dark-truth

Pros- like everything lol. She has fast options, safe options, good string manipulation, excellent damage, parries, bt parries (shuts down some stuff that's guaranteed on other characters), sabakis that are a real pain when someone can time them well, unshu, really really good OH's

Cons- I see people complain about her range but 236P 2H+K and 9PP are all really good though they're all unsafe
Thank you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD