"Diego" and "Rig" Revealed plus new footage

nobi23

He reminds me of Miguel Rojo lowkey...

A lot of new info from these videos. Happy we’re finally seeing new moves and combos. They finally made Hayates 44kk viable in combos. His combos seem to work more like Kasumi’s now.

-Bounds work in juggles now similar to VF5FS.
-damage seems to have been scaled? (Unless settings were changed)
-force techs are still in and still seem to behave like DOA5U ft (for now)
-evasive ss attack is still in this build. Looks really strong and hella evasive. But they’ve already stated they’re going back to the original ss system.

If critical burst are removed then moves that become critical bursts should go back to retaining their original properties imo. Making this request for Eins 6p+k. It’s one of the few moves that made him strong in DOA4

Did they really say that they're going back to the ss system from 5?? Please tell me it's true!!!!

Kasumi-Phase-X

I did pretty much predict that there were going to be more characters for EVO, but came bit early. Diego looks interesting.

Radiance

They stated they made it so the attack isn't locked in and that you now have the choice to perform the attack after a side step or not perform it. There's been no other comments that suggest they are using the same DOA5 side step system.

Oh okay. Didn’t see the original post. People were just saying they went back to the original ss system. Good to know you have a choice between the two.

Is the evasive ss attack going to cost meter or both free options?

Hayabusiness

You know this dude reminds me much more of Kiryu (+ Travis' hair) than he reminds me of Miguel. Can't wait to know more about him! I think he is fine, and could be a good addition to the cast, depending on how his attitude and style (both fighting and clothing) are. As I said in another thread, hopefully he gets some yakuza-looking outfit!

Also, I'll tell you what, he certainly intrigues me more than the characters introduced in 5... :thonkers:

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

i suspect another 2 characters getting revealed by the end of the weekend. ayane being one of them.

Yeah, especially when it appears on gaming conventions or just announces more. But in terms of EVO I'm likely to see more characters (which we got 2), stage, and shimbori's present for more interviews along with the finals.

Fantailler

Wow that looks like a grappler to me.Not so many middle K/P mixups.

Plus attack throw and striking like a truck. I smell he'll be the beginner friendly character, introducing you to DOA6
mechanics.

Edit:Jann lee's command list anyone ?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD