"Diego" and "Rig" Revealed plus new footage

Tyaren

Standard Donor
"Fatal Rash"

giphy.gif

Leifasumi

Meh, both are boring and generic to me.
I am just mad there wasn't a special intros between Kasumi and Hayate, like why are you doing this shit again? Give us something more unique with this game! I am already bored.

Radiance

Meh, both are boring and generic to me.
I am just mad there wasn't a special intros between Kasumi and Hayate, like why are you doing this shit again? Give us something more unique with this game! I am already bored.

Attachments

• 6854F291-9B6E-4731-BBA8-87DBEDD51BE5.gif
    6854F291-9B6E-4731-BBA8-87DBEDD51BE5.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 192

Ninoasker

They both look pretty good! Rig's looking nice in 6, and Diego is just amazingly sexy! (Kinda disappointed that he's from the US and not fully Latino tho, I'm guessing he's mixed?). His design is really appealing for me because he looks pretty much like your usual anime delinquent hottie lol, and Diego is one of my favorite names too, so he's a win for me!
In terms of his gameplay, I'm loving with I see. He seems like a pretty rough and direct character like Bayman/Leon/Bass but without being that slow/heavy?(Thing that I'm thankful for because I have a hard time controlling heavy characters in fighting games, especially in those fast paced like DOA is). He also doesn't seem to be a grappler?? Idk, when it comes to technical thingies I'm pretty bad :oops:
All I can say is that I'm excited for Diego and I really hope the female character is as appealing and fun to play as Diego seems to be :)

synce

Diego looks about as bland as the new girls in the DMM game. Spanish street fighter? Very original look too. What's happening to this series :/

Ninoasker

One can hope.
Honestly though, now that the game is evolving quickly (we even have the training mode already), it wouldn't be shocking that they added another two characters. I don't expect the new girl to be shown just yet, but I can see Ayane and maybe Hitomi to be shown. They are the ones that have more options since they probably want to save the girls with more exposed skin to whenever they make the tittie physics, while for Ayane and Hitomi they can just give them a costume similar (or even go the lazy route like with Rig and directly port these for the reveal) to their C2 (Ayane) and C7 (Hitomi) and apply no physics at all just like with Helena. They're also fan faves (especially in Japan) so...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Diego looks about as bland as the new girls in the DMM game. Spanish street fighter? Very original look too. What's happening to this series :/

For once I completely agree.

I'm a big critic of the Venus Vacation girls' character designs (I really hope they stay as far away as possible from the fighting game series) and I am going to stay consistent here. Diego is imo the male version of the VV girls: overdesigned, unoriginal, tropey/cliché and the main objective was to be considered hot by a particular fanbase.

But that's a common problem in most fighting games by now. Out with the simple but unique and memorable character designs, in with the overdesigned, tropey and obviously pandering designs.

PhoenixVFIRE

I like Diego's look, but his style seems bland. This outfit and Rig's oilrig outfit are the ones i didnt wanna see return tbh lol... they're trash.

so like, are they gonna be adding in more variety for combos and moves? I thought i heard somewhere that the first build was just to showcase the super moves and new graphics and that's about it but im not sure if im just imagining that. A lot of moves and strings seem very copy pasted minus like the one or two changes for some characters. I hope there's more to come cuz a graphic update and a few moves just seems not worth the 7 years we've waited honestly...

Like we're not even getting tag immediately(or at all?) and characters don't even interact in intros, it just seems like they're talking to a wall like usual, idk maybe im just being pessimistic but there's a LOT to be desired overall. We still have until late spring so hopefully a lot of changes happen.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD