Digital Foundry: DOA5LR Article

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Highly informative article with people that actually know what they are talking about. The article links to fps tests for PS4, X1, and PS3.

Dead or Alive: Last Round delivers a flawless 60fps experience during gameplay, offering up a degree of smoothness and consistency expected from top tier fighting games. It's a shame that the game's cinematics remain capped at a lowly 30fps, as this simply highlights the difference in fluidity between gameplay and intro/outro sequences.

Performance on the Xbox One version of Dead or Alive is less stable than PS4. Frame-rates match the PS4 version when the game is operating properly, but a serious bug causes large 150-400ms stalls to frequently intrude on the action. The problem appears to be random, so it is sometimes possible to experience a flawless gameplay session.

Here's the PlayStation 3 version of Last Round in action: Tecmo employs a dynamic resolution framebuffer, but even this isn't enough to stop screen-tear and minor dips beneath the 60fps target.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That stall they're talking about isn't quite so random and doesn't happen after the day one patch. On my console I could duplicate that hitch by walking a specific direction on Crimson at the start of a match. Since the patch I haven't seen it even once, online or off. The freezing, though, is a whole different problem that only started after everyone else got the game. Prelaunch, with and without the patch, it only froze on me once. After the full launch of the game it freezes every single time matchmaking is attempted and semi-frequently upon selecting characters for offline modes.

Dravidian

I'm still waiting for more pc info....
That said, the game still looks god and I'm expecting great things. I'm just glad they're taking the time to make sure the PC version is actually functional.

Akumasama

Ungh... lame >.>
I could maybe see it for the Story mode cut-scenes, but intro/win? What's the 30fps necessity there for?
I'm not getting it.

Maybe someone with more 3D Graphics knowledge could enlighten me?

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
This test is Very 50/50 for once you got throw downs on which is why Frame Rate is dropping. while trying to find an online match this proves nothing until its turned off. The only thing i see is a measurement of match Finding in Arcade mode.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD