More example:
_doa4_short_cut__by_furan_san.jpg

^she REALLY doesn't like Kasumi

Last edited:

Kiraragirl200

goofin off with outfits and hairstyles....i'll figure out shoes eventually XD
tumblr_ovyaekiAr11uj4ln0o1_540.png

tumblr_ovyaekiAr11uj4ln0o2_540.png

The hours I spent looking at photos of buff girls and rewatching Book 1 of Legend of Korra to get the muscles somewhat accurate... X'O

Oh! Does anybody know the exact name of the sword the Eliot was using in DOA4 cutscenes?
(1:25)
tumblr_inline_ow1gbdP8aL1r4l633_540.png

tumblr_inline_ow1gf8nkFf1r4l633_540.png

Argentus

It took me like 5 years to find this thread again..

I̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶H̶e̶l̶e̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ we need more DOA fan art.

EDIT: Nevermind, photobucket doesn't want to share photos anymore, RIP. Here is link for it.
oh my god when did photobucket become an orgy of popup ads?! it didn't used to be like that!

Argentus

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
gotta say, marie rose looks way better with the narrower face like that. Makes her look well, older. Huge reason MR gets so much hate is the insanely creepy babyface she has.
I think it's more her body type and how people refuse to believe she's really 18

Argentus

I think it's more her body type and how people refuse to believe she's really 18

No it's the face. We can accept a petite 18 year old, but the problem is she has a 7 year old's face, it makes the "totally 18" claim just utterly laughable.

That and the other 2/3 of the hate are being that she's just a generic loli and also how hard she's pushed as the mascot of DOA along with Honoka.

Brute

Standard Donor
Argentus is correct, in this case. Though frankly, I'm fine with her being younger if they'd just stop the creepy sexual stuff plastered on top. We have a lot of teens/twenty year-olds, a few older guys, and so Marie being younger rounds it out a bit.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No it's the face. We can accept a petite 18 year old, but the problem is she has a 7 year old's face, it makes the "totally 18" claim just utterly laughable.

That and the other 2/3 of the hate are being that she's just a generic loli and also how hard she's pushed as the mascot of DOA along with Honoka.
I don't see it tbh
C8m_DlZXUAAQb5f.jpg:orig

Her face just seems rounder imo, it doesn't appear much different from that of the other girls' faces

ClVvGehUoAAok1z.jpg:orig

When compared to other girls' faces it's not glaring, I think some people just over think it. If she had a typical DOA girl body and height and the same face no one would say anything. It's her short height coupled with the petite underdeveloped body and rounder younger looking face that I think make people give her hate and doubt her age

As for the loli thing it's eh to me, I main Amy in Soul calibur and she's literally a little girl being 9 nine years old XD

KwonJigglypuff

Marie-Rose does not appear to be a 12-year old girl because of her face anatomy or game model (or not only), she feels like a 12-year old girl because TN actually designed her to feel like that (taunts, animations, behaviour). She was created to fill that trope and what is written in her bio cannot change that.

I don't mind having a loli in the game, I just don't want her to be too much sexualized, which is already too late. I have myself troubles showing her to my friends IRL. I like her as a character but I don't like the idea of spreading too many immoral values through my favourite video games. So it's a bit awkard for me.

(She is still a fun character to play with!)

But again, it seems that some ages in DOA don't fit the characters. Helena and Christie for instance are younger than the stereotypes they appeared to be: Helena, as a motherly figure, is suppose to attract young men with mommy issues (kidding), and Christie, as the cougar, is supposed to attract boys who like to be taunted by older women (kidding2 or maybe not). In this case, well, Marie-Rose is supposed to appeal to... a certain crowd. She is 18 on paper, but she is a 12-year old fantasy.

All the girls in DOA were created for a reason: target a specific audience.

Last edited:

Sotherius

Ok, i'll go off topic a bit, but will go on topic later.

About marie's age. Her body can be from a 18 years old or older, i've seen many women like her. Her face, she has a very cute face, but that isn't really defining of age, it has around the same proportions as kasumi or Ayane, is just the artstyle.

What really makes Marie feel like a child, is mostly her maneirisms, animations, and the way she talks, and that is pretty intentional, we don't know much about the character, but some of her animations (mostly her losing pose), implies that she pretends to act in a childish manner on purpose, who knows, right now her character is a big blank, like most characters introduced in Ultimate (besides Momiji because we know her Ninja Gaiden Background).

Now, Back on topic!

And fitting that i have a Marie Rose fanart sitting here:
marie_rose_in_lorelei_by_sotherius-dbkm70s.png

I also did a Ryu hayabusa fanart right here!
ryu_in_azuchi_by_sotherius-dbpcn6j.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD