DOA Character VS Insert Opponent, Who Would Win

Dr PaC

I haven't seen a VS thread on this site, so I decided to make one since discussing VS matchups are fun and help clarify feats, skills, and accomplishments for characters.
Also, Im interested to hear where everyone thinks DOA characters are in comparison when scaled against other franchises such as Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc. Post your answer and explain why you think x character wins and provide feats that back your answer if you know any.

If you have a match up you're curious about, please feel free to add to this thread.

So Ill kick off the first match up with this since it's been bugging me for a minute:

Nyotengu (DOA)
1547489103401.png

1547446384413-png.27204

VS

Kazumi (Tekken)
1547489137026.png

1547446653997-png.27205

The Naughty Tengu Princess vs the Tiger Throwing First Lady of the Mishima house.
*Personally, I think the match will go to Nyotuengu since she seems to be able to hang with Hayabusa and she's been alive way longer which should give her an advantage with battle experience, but I dont think Kazumi is a scrub either, at least not in her demon form anyway. Who do y'all think would and/or should win?

1547447077955-png.27206
1547489170914.png

*Namco and Tecmo need to stop tripping and make a DOA v Tekken already....

Last edited:

Dr PaC

A match up I always think about when my brain is on cruise control:

KASUMI
1547621417259.png

VS

TAKI
1547621351999.png

The Kunoichi of Destiny vs The Hunter of Darkness
In my opinion, these fighters are pretty even for the most part. Both trained from a young age to be ninjas. Both are efficient using ninpo. Both are capable of killing humans and demons. Both have respectable feats. Here's what sets them apart in my opinion from what I've seen:

Kasumi -
She has the Speed factor.
She's more creative with her teleport usage which makes her tricky to avoid and/or hit.
She knows the Sky Torn Blast technique.
She's shown to use ranged weaponry
She has more notable solo feats/victories

Taki -

She has the Strength factor
She has the more powerful main weapon
She uses her ninpo more efficiently in close combat and can create clones of herself
She is proficient in magic spells and can create magical barriers

Who wins?
I honestly don't know who would win this fight. On one hand, I think Kasumi can speed blitz Taki and is capable of out maneuvering her pretty easily. On the other hand, I think if the fight goes on long enough, Taki would be able to eventually immobilize Kasumi with one of her ninpo spells, like the one she uses when she does her rage art, and get the KO. Also, I think Taki's barrier can at the very least, minimize the damage if Kasumi goes for a Sky Torn Blast, but then again, the Sky Torn Blast is capable of one-shotting opponents and I dont know how much Taki's barrier can handle, so Im just giving Taki the benefit of the doubt on that.

All in all, I think this is 50/50 match up, where the fight can go either way depending on very specific circumstances. What do y'all think? If you know any feats, skills, or anything about either character, please do tell. This is a fight that demands answers.

Who wins this match up, Kasumi or Taki?

1547627075583.png

*Can we get a Death Battle of this, please*

Dr PaC

Here's a classic match up that deserves to be examined. The battle of the Bruce Lee clones:

Jann Lee (Dead Or Alive)
1547939355073.png

VS

Fei Long (Street Fighter)
1547940293862.png

The Bouncer vs The Movie Star
Since it's pretty much common knowledge now that Mortal Kombat's Lui Kang is the king of Bruce Lee clones by victories alone, forget the feats, I had to think long and hard about who to put our boy Jann Lee against. I almost picked Marshall Law but I dont think it'll be a fair match up when you consider the different levels of opponents Jann Lee has fought and a certain famous feat he did in DOA4, which I will mention below. When I compare the two, I just feel Fei Long is the better match up. No disrespect to Law or the people that like him. Let me know if you think I'm underestimating the Tekken Cook.

Now lets see what what separates Jann Lee vs Fei Long and see what I think puts one above the other

Jann Lee:
Strength and Speed Factor
Mastered Jeet Kune Do at a young age and mentioned to have surpassed the founder in every aspect
Won the Fifth Dead or Alive Tournament
Hayabusa Acknowledges Jann Lee's Skill
Easily Two-Shot a T-Rex

Fei Long:
Intelligence Factor
*Investigated the secret organization Shadoloo by himself
Skill Factor
*Developed Hitenryu at the age of Six
Punches and Kicks are able to Catch on Fire
Defeated a Seth Clone

Who Wins?
Both these guys are very talented fighters. Both mastered Jeet Kune Do at a young age. Both are capable of taking down multiple opponents by themselves. Both have fought notable opponents. Both use the Nunchaku. The tipping point however lies in their feats and the level of their opponents that they fought. Fei Long's notable victory is him defeating a Seth copy and canonically fought Abel and Makoto. Hayabusa fought Jann Lee and considers him a rival. Jann Lee easily KO'ed a T-Rex by himself. Comparing the two, I see no reason to believe a Seth clone is on par with Ryu Hayabusa and I haven't seen Fei Long being capable of taking blows that can one-shot a damn dinosaur. I do think Fei Long has more battle experience and is more intelligent than Jann lee, and the fact that he hits so fast that his fists catch on fire says alot about his speed, but that's not enough to take down someone talented enough to keep up with the Super Ninja, which shows Jann Lee's reaction speed is on a very high level. Oh! Also, unlike other Bruce Lee clones, Jann Lee actually won a Tournament (Looking at you again Law)
1547962571602.png

In the end, Im giving this fight to Jann Lee. The 2nd strongest Bruce Lee clone in Fighting games.
If you disagree or if there's some Fei Long feats that can help his case, let me know. If you think this fight ends in a stomp like I do, let me know too, lol.

Dont forget, please use this thread for match ups you want to talk about as well. I'd love to see them and discuss since this sort of thing is so interesting to me.

Till next time!
Rest in Peace Lee Jun-fan aka Bruce Lee

1547962699959.png

Baji Breakdancer

A match up I always think about when my brain is on cruise control:

KASUMI
View attachment 27246

VS

TAKI
View attachment 27245

The Kunoichi of Destiny vs The Hunter of Darkness
In my opinion, these fighters are pretty even for the most part. Both trained from a young age to be ninjas. Both are efficient using ninpo. Both are capable of killing humans and demons. Both have respectable feats. Here's what sets them apart in my opinion from what I've seen:

Kasumi -
She has the Speed factor.
She's more creative with her teleport usage which makes her tricky to avoid and/or hit.
She knows the Sky Torn Blast technique.
She's shown to use ranged weaponry
She has more notable solo feats/victories

Taki -
She has the Strength factor
She has the more powerful main weapon
She uses her ninpo more efficiently in close combat and can create clones of herself
She is proficient in magic spells and can create magical barriers

Who wins?
I honestly don't know who would win this fight. On one hand, I think Kasumi can speed blitz Taki and is capable of out maneuvering her pretty easily. On the other hand, I think if the fight goes on long enough, Taki would be able to eventually immobilize Kasumi with one of her ninpo spells, like the one she uses when she does her rage art, and get the KO. Also, I think Taki's barrier can at the very least, minimize the damage if Kasumi goes for a Sky Torn Blast, but then again, the Sky Torn Blast is capable of one-shotting opponents and I dont know how much Taki's barrier can handle, so Im just giving Taki the benefit of the doubt on that.

All in all, I think this is 50/50 match up, where the fight can go either way depending on very specific circumstances. What do y'all think? If you know any feats, skills, or anything about either character, please do tell. This is a fight that demands answers.

Who wins this match up, Kasumi or Taki?
View attachment 27247
*Can we get a Death Battle of this, please*

I’d give it to Kasumi over Taki, considering their ninja prowess in their respective worlds. Taki is just a tough ninja in her setting, but Kasumi is canonically the best ninja in the world (aside from probably Hayabusa), so good that multiple organizations want to clone her.

Dr PaC

I’d give it to Kasumi over Taki, considering their ninja prowess in their respective worlds. Taki is just a tough ninja in her setting, but Kasumi is canonically the best ninja in the world (aside from probably Hayabusa), so good that multiple organizations want to clone her.
Not just that, she also managed to avoid capture from the Mugen Tenshin and the Hajin Mon all by herself and can hang with Busa. I always thought Kasumi had better solo feats over Taki, but I also think Taki has alot going for her what with her mastery of magic spells. What holds Taki back is the fact that what wouldve been her best feat in defeating a Soul Edge controlled Cervantes, who killed a city of people, was dampened by having help from Sophitia. The more I think about it, the more I give it to Kasumi myself but Taki is no slouch. She's literally a feat or two away from making this an even match up, ya know

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD