DoA Festival: Contests for In-Game Photo and Cosplayers

Kronin

Contests1.png

Considering the succes on FSD from the photo contest hold from the fans, I suppose that many people could be interested to one of the new contests hold from Team NINJA so could be useful to to share even here the news.

Dead Or Alive Festival is the first international exhibition match for the DOA5 series, an event that will bring together the best players and not only from Japan. But in addition to the competitive side, even the casual one will get a peculiar focus: TN is holding two new contests addressed to the creativity and the passion of the DoA fans: challenge yourselves in creating the best cosplays or getting the best pictures from the game, then send the photos of your works for getting recognition of your worth and the possibility to win prizes. The first contest is reserved to the partecipants of the Cosplay Contest held at the Festival, but everyone can partecipate from home to the second one.

IN-GAME PHOTO CONTEST

The contest actually includes 3 different themes of photos got through the spectator or movie mode from DoA5LR:

- Cool Group: Photos of cool fight scenes
- Cute Group: Photos of cute character situations
- Funny Group: Photos of funny character shots

It's also allowed to submit multiple photos in order to show a story is allowed (numbering the filenames for the photos in the order in which they should appear or arrange them in one image in the order in which they should appear).

These are the rules to follow:

1. Entrants' photos must adhere to the theme of the event as described above.
2. Photos must be taken with either the Photo functionality in Spectator Mode or Movie Mode in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round.
3. Photos must be submitted in JPEG format.
4. Please include the Group in which the photo should be entered and the title of the photo in the body of the e-mail entry.
5. Multiple entries per person are allowed.
6. Entrants must be at least 17-year-old.

Here some of the examples showned from Team NINJA for making clear to everyone the different categories (following the source link you can find other examples):

Cool Group
Title:"Awakening of an Angel"
006.jpg

Funny Group (created as more images for showing a story)
Title: "I'm getting too much old for this..."
002.jpg

Cute Group
Title:"Moonlight with"
003.jpg

As usual it will be possible to submit the pictures through Twitter, Facebook and email channels, using the hashtag or subject #DOAFESPhotocontest

The prizes will be awarded for each group:
  • 1st Place All 7 DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate: Arcade multi-fleece throw & shopping bag sets (sample)
  • 2nd Place Set of all 6 DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate: Arcade B2-size tapestries (sample)
  • 3rd Place Set of all 22 DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate: Arcade collectible pins (sample)
The winners entries will be the ones getting the majority of the points from the people voting for them on the official website (from Monday, July 20 12:00 to Friday, July 31 12:00 (JST)) + the from the votes given from visitors of DoA Festival and from a jury present at the event (the Photo Contest Stage at the event on Saturday, August 1, 2015). In conclusion the photos with the most total points from the Web, Event, and Stage portions will win the contest.

The deadline for sending the pictures is July 12, 2015.

Important: be sure to check the source of the contest for knowing all the further details about the actual adress where to send the pictures, the sizes of it an all the eventual exceptions (the ruleset is full of details and explanations about what is allowed - for example the collaboration costumes as the Senran Kagura or the Ragnarok Odissey ones can't be used for the competition).

COSPLAY CONTEST

As already stated Team NINJA is holding even a DoA cosplay contest, however the partecipation to the challenge is addressed to people able not only to provide pictures of their cosplays, but even being able to partecipate at the Cosplay Contest Stage at the event on Saturday, August 1, 2015. For this reason appears clear like the majority of the people partecipating to it will be Japanese, however it's not excluded that some great Western fans could also decide to get a ticket just for showing his passion for the series.

To the ones interested you can read all the details about the Cosplay Contest following the source link from the official DoA site (that again I invite everyone to check for reading in the detail all the rules and exceptions about both the contests).

Source: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/doa_festival.html

Credits:
Cosplayer model of the picture: JDoll
Photographer: Garam&Dall

Last edited:

Kronin

These are very nice entries =)

Just a suggestion @Tyaren, imo it would be better to sumbit stories pictures in an univocal and anti misunderstading order, so adding the single pictures numbering the files or, if wishing to do a collage, placing the pictures in a "vertical column" starting from the upper side

Making a collage of more pictures using an "horizontal column" can be already cofusing for a Japanese person considering that their reading order follows the opposite direction of the West (from left to right) and the effect is even worse if the entries are placed on more horizontal planes.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
^^ There is no need to do that

"Submitting multiple photos to show a story is allowed. Please number the filenames for the photos in the order in which they should appear or arrange them in one image in the order in which they should appear."

You can just tell them in the email body in which order it goes

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Kronin, the composition of the Hayabusa and Helena vs Lisa photos is more of an aesthetic choice, as you might have noticed. ;)

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

I really like this idea and I will probably enter. There is one problem though which makes it a bit unfair... not everyone has all the costumes to make the most appropriate photo. But I will do my best nonetheless! :)

WAZAAAAA

I really like this idea and I will probably enter. There is one problem though which makes it a bit unfair... not everyone has all the costumes to make the most appropriate photo. But I will do my best nonetheless! :)
get a pirated additional copy of the game and place some 100% savestate in it

Kronin

Here the entries that I submitted, I think that later I will post them even on twitter. Nothing of special and like always my synthesis is terrible (so here we come super long titles...). Also I posted them through mail and in a pair of cases I had to send them again because mistaking the subject of the mail or the group category... in the end a complete mess! xD

PS: The pictures are all attached files, this shouldn't make heavy the loading of the page.

Cool Group:

1) Ascetic Kasumi
01.jpg

2) Boy of the mistery
02.jpg

3) DoA Xtreme American Football

010.jpg

4) Penalty Kick
09.jpg

Cute Group:

1) Beauties on the ring
03.jpg

Funny Group:

1) Love at first sight
06.jpg

2) "Of course when you invited me to see your circus I thought the actual show!"
04.jpg

3) "1st Lesson of the ring: you must appear bigger than you are for intimidating your opponent!"

05.jpg

(I believe that this should come in the cute group... Marie Rose appears adorable in this pose xD)

4) "And don't you even think to trick my sisters for a third time... I'm warning you!"
07.jpg

5) Foolproof victory!
08bis.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD