Battle Royal DOA Festival Now a Qualifier for Battle Royal 2016

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
At the end of DOA5 Last Round Top 8 for Final Round 19 yesterday, Tom Lee made a huge announcement for the Battle Royal 2016 series. The DOA Festival is once again an Asian Qualifier for the Battle Royal 2016 series.

If you remember the events that occurred last year concerning the DOA Festival, RIG|Kwiggle took first place at the tournament, however TeruRock and Gehaktbal were the two players that qualified for Grand Finals at NEC 16. Not to mention, JC Akira ended up winning NEC16 four months ago.

With Europe, Australia, and now Japan tournaments being a part of the Battle Royal 2016 series, we are beginning to see more and more international relations between those three countries and Unites States in the DOA community. The DOA Festival is supposed to be take place in July, however we will find out details about the event later. Until then, the next tournament in the Battle Royal series is Battle Arena Melbourne 8, located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia on May 13-15.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
i remenber the NEC 16 was a very hype event !! i was take some screenshot for see the people who follow the event on the stream (4000 to 7000 ;) )
it was a great tournament i really think this year gonna be too interresting for doa with this battle royal ;)

4 935.jpg
5 554.jpg
7 092.jpg
7 109.jpg
7 119.jpg
7 233.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
When did the European qualifiers take place? Are there plans for others if there hasn't been any new EU qualifier tourneys?

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
The only one I know of is Republic of Fighters in France, which is in September.
In France they are some more events :
- Republic of fighter (ROF) summer
- Republic of fighter (ROF) winter
- Stun Academy
- Maybe an other event will be preparde into the STUNFEST FESTIVAL

But only ROF summer count for the battle royal

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I really don't care which are qualifiers. I'm just looking for potential European events to go to because the game is very dormant and inactive in UK.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Much more variety in the Battle royal this year compared to last year, which I feel is great for representation and encouraging more participation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD