DOA Future Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The argument for DOA x VF:

- If it wasn't for VF there would be no DOA.
- By the time one of these games come out, it will be quite the hiatus from both.
- The VF guest characters were viable, and a success at the offline events.

The only reason this game could go wrong would be due to massive character cuts. We would get the basics, and some of the other characters would be scrapped permanently or for DLC. It would be kind of lame to see the characters we already have in VF announced first. I want some obscurity, and from a business standpoint, they would do that so I imagine some would be disappointed from the get-go.

With DOA5 being as good as it is to me... it's a challenge for me to discuss what could be better for a sequel other than the basic things such as balance adjustments, additional modes, characters, stages and that sort of thing. One thing I hope DOA6 doesn't do is a Soulcalibur V move with the characters or a completely new art direction.

breathofflame34

I hope we at least hear something next year, Valkyria Chronicles 2 came out in 2010, and the 4th game isn't coming out till next year, and they just announced it like a month ago, so it makes me feel with every passing year, that it's forgotten, (The 3rd game never came outr in America, due to poor sales for 1, and 2, within the first month the original, sold only around 80,000 copies, which makes me sad, because it's one of the best PS exclusives out there, and really deserves more love, and more fans. We did get Valkyrie Revolution this year to, but it's not worth mentioning, because it was a disaster, and wasn't even the same genre as the rest of them, and was set 100 years in the past, in alternate reality, that was more fit for a Fire Emblem game)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What do you believe has more potential or is more realistic in the future?
Any hopes or introduction to new concepts for the future of DoA?

Team Ninja has done a great job with the introduction to the power launcher as well the power blow, sidestep and other concepts and has added interesting new characters to the roster showing the potential of the Triangle System for cross-over characters
What more do you believe Team Ninja can add to the game?
More Stages? Different genres of music? More Characters? No wall splat-similar to Doa4 allowing stagger escape on a wall collision? Obstacles to jump over? More interactive environment?

Please elaborate
I feel this post should be posted in the DOA mechanics thread.

Pn33milan

after the storm has passed, I can say there's only one thing I expected during the lifespan of DOA5LR, and that I most definitely want for DOA6:
considering Namco has completely dropped their chance, bring Tifa in the game!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who said that in here, but come on! it's a match made in heaven!
a hot girl, fighting with martial arts close combat techniques, while TN and Square are collaborating for Dissidia. what other signs do we need?

I still can't stand the fact Tifa has only appeared in one single fighting game (kinda) by now, excluding Dissidia, and that's Ehrgeiz. I personally liked that game, but I can definitely say that Tifa deserves a better treatment, mechanically speaking.
come on TN, Namco fucked up! you know you want it ;)

I also have not forgotten Hayashi's interview before the DOA5 vanilla release, the one regarding Ryo Hazuki. I wouldn't mind that either ;)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
after the storm has passed, I can say there's only one thing I expected during the lifespan of DOA5LR, and that I most definitely want for DOA6:
considering Namco has completely dropped their chance, bring Tifa in the game!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who said that in here, but come on! it's a match made in heaven!
a hot girl, fighting with martial arts close combat techniques, while TN and Square are collaborating for Dissidia. what other signs do we need?

I still can't stand the fact Tifa has only appeared in one single fighting game (kinda) by now, excluding Dissidia, and that's Ehrgeiz. I personally liked that game, but I can definitely say that Tifa deserves a better treatment, mechanically speaking.
come on TN, Namco fucked up! you know you want it ;)

I also have not forgotten Hayashi's interview before the DOA5 vanilla release, the one regarding Ryo Hazuki. I wouldn't mind that either ;)
Tifa and Ryo Hazuki would both be great additions to DOA. Besides them I wouldn't mind having the Virtua Fighters as returning guests, but other Virtua fighters like Eileen, Jean, Goh and Vanessa

Pn33milan

I wouldn't mind VF characters back, but I would like them to have a more DOAesque style of gameplay.
I felt too alienated by their style in DOA5 to enjoy them -_-
and I love Akira's character :(

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I wouldn't mind VF characters back, but I would like them to have a more DOAesque style of gameplay.
I felt too alienated by their style in DOA5 to enjoy them -_-
and I love Akira's character :(
Their gameplay was fine the voices weren't.

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, maybe they'll have a guest character in SC6 for now... At least they arn't afraid to put the characters in games like Warriors All-stars (like most of the roster was DoA) and they also rent them out as guest characters. As such it hasn't really felt like 5 years for me even if I havn't logged on DoA for 2 years or so.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD