DOA Q&A

Leifasumi

Does Kasumi know that her Ayane are sisters? In dimensions, I remember Ayane saying something like "Sister or not..." loudly so Kasumi must of heard it? That always confused me.

Raansu

Does Kasumi know that her Ayane are sisters? In dimensions, I remember Ayane saying something like "Sister or not..." loudly so Kasumi must of heard it? That always confused me.

Uh, I'm pretty sure they do....then again its been awhile since I actually payed any attention to the lore.

P2p1mbs

In the intro of DOA ultimate (which is still canon in dimensions), Ayane found out when she was still young which is what caused her resentment of Kasumi as they got older. Its highly likely their mother told both Hayate and Kasumi that Ayane was their half sister not long after she found out.

Last edited:

Leifasumi

Uh, I'm pretty sure they do....then again its been awhile since I actually payed any attention to the lore.

I'm

In the intro of DOA ultimate (which is still canon in dimensions), Ayane found out when she was still young which is what caused her resentment of Kasumi as they got older. Its highly likely their mother told both Hayate and Kasumi that Ayane was their half sister not long after she found out.

If she knew why would she not refer to Hayate as a bother instead of Hayate-Sama? I could at least see Kasumi trying to work things out with her sister and remind Ayane that they are which wasn't the case. I think Ayane decided to hid it from them but that scene in DOAD really shocked me.

Maybe I am looking too much into it.

9:00 is what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Sotherius

While dimensions isn't canon anymore ( or it seems). Even in dimensions hayate says to brad when he tries.to get funny with ayane: "watch out, you're messing with my sister". While is not shown anywhere in specific, kasumi knows ayane is daughter of her mother

Leifasumi

While dimensions isn't canon anymore ( or it seems). Even in dimensions hayate says to brad when he tries.to get funny with ayane: "watch out, you're messing with my sister". While is not shown anywhere in specific, kasumi knows ayane is daughter of her mother

Interesting! don't remember this at all.
What makes you Kasumi knows? What implied that to you?

P2p1mbs

What makes you Kasumi knows? What implied that to you?

If Hayate knows, there's no reason to think Kasumi doesn't. Either her mother told her or Ayane did, it doesnt matter.

You're overthinking things if you're trying to find the exact moment she knew. She just knows, it ultimately doesn't matter :rolleyes:.

Leifasumi

If Hayate knows, there's no reason to think Kasumi doesn't. Either her mother told her or Ayane did, it doesnt matter.

You're overthinking things if you're trying to find the exact moment she knew. She just knows, it ultimately doesn't matter :rolleyes:.

I still think them knowing wasn't canon and we should leave it at that, lol.

P2p1mbs

I still think them knowing wasn't canon and we should leave it at that, lol.

I personally think it makes their relationship more interesting that they do know. And them knowing is pretty much canon, it makes no sense at all that Ayame will tell Ayane that she is her mother but not bother to tell her other children they have a half sister.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Its highly likely their mother told both Hayate and Kasumi

Or Hayate is old enough to remember Ayane being born as his sister then outcasted.

If she knew why would she not refer to Hayate as a bother instead of Hayate-Sama?

I couldn't see in the video at your given timestamp where this happened, but if you're referring to why Ayane refers to Hayate as "Hayate-sama" instead of "Nii-san", well that's mainly due to status and relationship. Ayane respects Hayate, not only as a person, but as the leader of her main sect clan. "Nii-san" denotes familiarity and closeness between the two, and is not a mark of the relationship the two have. Whereas, "Hayate-sama" shows not only her dedication to the clan, in contrast to Kasumi, but also shows how much respect Ayane has towards Hayate. Remember that just because Ayane found out who her parents were, didn't change the fact she was ostracized from the clan and had to live the life at the bottom end of the totem even though she technically was "royalty" by blood. So she didn't share the same home or family as Hayate or Kasumi did, even after all three parties knew.

I could at least see Kasumi trying to work things out with her sister and remind Ayane that they are which wasn't the case.

They just don't have that kind of relationship. I'd even go so far as believing that at some level Kasumi (and Hayate) feel guilt towards Ayane, knowing that she is their half-sister but also knowing that they weren't raised to treat her as anything else than a peasant by clan code.

Sotherius

Actually, it is likely that everyone in the village but Ayane knew she was ayame's daughter now that i think about it. The subject was just taboo, and no one would bother to tell her about that.

Leifasumi

I personally think it makes their relationship more interesting that they do know. And them knowing is pretty much canon, it makes no sense at all that Ayame will tell Ayane that she is her mother but not bother to tell her other children they have a half sister.

Maybe Ayame hid the whole thing from her husband so that's why she had to hide it from Kasumi and Hayate as well? (does Shiden know what Raidou did to his wife?) She must have felt guilty and decided to tell Ayane only. The DOA story is not explained well and the mystery surrounding should be explained, hopefully more backstory in DOA6.

Sotherius

Maybe Ayame hid the whole thing from her husband so that's why she had to hide it from Kasumi and Hayate as well? (does Shiden know what Raidou did to his wife?) She must have felt guilty and decided to tell Ayane only. The DOA story is not explained well and the mystery surrounding should be explained, hopefully more backstory in DOA6.

You simply can't hide 9 months of pregnancy.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Shiden knows, Ayame told him what happened which is why Raidou is basically exiled besides him being jealous that the clan leadership went to his younger brother, Raidou and shiden both had a slight rivalry since they both loved Ayame. And yeah, Itagaki didn't do a good job really going in depth with his game entries, the 2U opening was the only real thing that touched upon the ninjas' backstory. People don't like to admit it but Dimensions did make sense of the plot since it was all over the place before Dimensions came along xD

P2p1mbs

Maybe Ayame hid the whole thing from her husband so that's why she had to hide it from Kasumi and Hayate as well? (does Shiden know what Raidou did to his wife?) She must have felt guilty and decided to tell Ayane only.

o_O you're SERIOUSLY overthinking this...

P2p1mbs

Wasn't Ayane the product of rape by Raidou? I recall the CG scene in Ultimate implying that.

That was pretty much the reason Ayane was an outcast of the clan; she was conceived by rape from an outcast so she was "tainted" in the eyes of everyone except maybe Ayame herself, she gave birth to her so she clearly cares for her as her mother. This is likely the reason she told Ayane the truth of her birth; she felt bad that Ayane was treated poorly by the rest of the clan because she was the child of someone they hated but she is still her daughter so she still cared for her.

Its not impossible that not long after she told Ayane that she was her mother that she told Kasumi and Hataye the same thing since they are her children too and deserve to know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD