[DOA2++] Moveset Editing Project

Gultigargar

Seems pretty awful to me too. :P::P::6::P::P: is one of his better juggle enders (Example juggle: Launch, :6::K:, :P::P::6::P::P:). :3::P+K: is pretty slow from what I remember, so if it makes him whiff juggles then it's basically a damage nerf, and I think the last thing DOA2 Zack needs is nerfs.
It could, of course, be compensated for by making :P::P::6::P: juggle slightly higher so that :P::P::6::P::K: could hit more consistently, but I prefer just keeping :P::P::6::P::P: as it is now.

EDIT: Speaking of Zack, I'd like to see him get his :P::P::6::P::2::K:-string from DOA3, if possible.

Regarding jump attacks, I personally think they're fine as they are, but if you want to change them then that's fine too.

Last edited:

Jack

I'm working on EIN at the moment, and had some ideas for new strings:

Input: :9::P::P: (:9::P: into BT :2::P:)
It seems like he only has one way to end most of his strings - so I thought giving him a few more options made sense.
--------------------
Input: :3::P::P: (:3::P: into :8::P:)
His middle jab is a bit awkward to me as a single strike - in later games, most characters had their single strikes made into strings of two or three hits, but Ein didn't really change.
-------------------
I don't really use Ein, so please tell me if these are reasonable.

I like the first idea, but not the second because I like to use :3::P: as a launcher ^^ (exemple : CH :3::P: , :3::P: . It's a fast launcher) and it's one of the greatest punch to keep the enemy stun.

Hope to see that "Project DOA3.1" coming soon ! Can't wait for your next video.

Last edited:

Gill Hustle

@Gill Hustle, For the gameplay patch described in the first post, animations from DOA4 are being ported, but it's mostly some of the new attacks.

I understand, the technical aspects of projects like this are beyond me. I just figured it be cool since characters will be able to use hop moves again hence adding those counter animations would make everyone "complete".

And cuz :ayane: aerial Mid Kick Hold is one of my favorite moves :rolleyes:

Nightpup

If you can port over animations, would porting over Alpha-152 be a possibility or is that too far-fetched?

Gultigargar

If there's a character with enough space for her to fit, then probably yes, but she'd have to replace said character.

usagiZ

@Nightpup Alpha-152 has enormous animations. It's just not possible with the file-size limit. An Alpha-152 mod of Kasumi might be possible, with a few imported moves, at best. :confused:

I might be able to add a selectable character in place of "Random", but that hasn't been looked into, yet. I'm trying to finish working on the available characters first -- and then I'll see what else can be done.

Porting an entire character is really, very difficult, and that effort will be spent on Brad or Christie. (other characters like Kasumi-Alpha, and Alpha-152 could be a cool side-project, though.)

Last edited:

leidoa

make hayate :hayate:instead of ein he's much cooler , make the gameplay feels like dead or alive dimensions since we don't have that game in xbox
import doa4 hit reaction if that's passable ;)

Last edited:

usagiZ

@WAZAAAAA Oh, yeah. I forgot to post that here.

@Nightpup I'm glad you like the moveset, and It's pretty cool that you're still interested. (or that anyone is.) I'm a little surprised, tbh.

I made several changes to the moveset since then. The CPU now uses most of the new strings. She's also much slower, just in general, and now has a few attacks that are semi-safe on guard. A couple throws have new animations, and her :P::K::K::K::K::K: string is now :P::K::K::K: with the last three kicks being automatic, like in 5U.
There's also a new 2-in-1 mapped to :3::P+K:

Christie's moveset is now 99.9% ported - however, the camera doesn't follow the new animations. Camera stuff is hardcoded, and I have no idea where it's located, or how to change it.

Please stay tuned, and if anyone wants to try it out, I'll update this post with a link to the updated DOA2U Kasumi Alpha moveset.

I'll try to finish the patch by sometime in October if I have the time. I underestimated the time something like this would take to accomplish.

UPDATE: Heres the link to the updated moveset: ---EDIT--- Check the video in the OP for the most recent updates.

Last edited:

Kronin

@WAZAAAAA
Please stay tuned, and if anyone wants to try it out, I'll update this post with a link to the updated DOA2U Kasumi Alpha moveset.

If it's possible I would like to see it =) (and btw it was great that you realized a modded outfit based on the @synce's contest design sent for Phase 4)

EDIT: Thanks for the link ;)

Last edited:

usagiZ

Ah, the design is by @synce? It's an excellent design, and I hope it was okay to use it. I wanted to ask for permission, but I didn't know who it belonged to.

@Kronin Also, thanks for supporting the thread.

Nightpup

@WAZAAAAA Oh, yeah. I forgot to post that here.

@Nightpup I'm glad you like the moveset, and It's pretty cool that you're still interested. (or that anyone is.) I'm a little surprised, tbh.

I made several changes to the moveset since then. The CPU now uses most of the new strings. She's also much slower, just in general, and now has a few attacks that are semi-safe on guard. A couple throws have new animations, and her :P::K::K::K::K::K: string is now :P::K::K::K: with the last three kicks being automatic, like in 5U.
There's also a new 2-in-1 mapped to :3::P+K:
I'm kind of sad you made PKKKKK a 3-in-1. I liked having them separate. Why did you make her slower? :/

Nightpup

Edit: NVM I figured it out myself. I've been messing around with it and I'm in love with this Kasumi Alpha! If only I had DOA2U... I'd find out how to mod it so I could play as this Kasumi.

Last edited:

usagiZ

I'm kind of sad you made PKKKKK a 3-in-1. I liked having them separate. Why did you make her slower? :/
~~~~~~
Edit: NVM I figured it out myself. I've been messing around with it and I'm in love with this Kasumi Alpha! If only I had DOA2U... I'd find out how to mod it so I could play as this Kasumi.

I tested out the moveset extensively, before this update, and it was just a little too good (an understatement, really). She also didn't really play like a different character - so I felt these changed just made sense. As for the 3-in-1, it was essentially Helena's :K::K::K: string before the update. The change was to distinguish it from Helena's string.

@Nightpup, @Kronin Thanks for trying it out. Also, I'm glad you like the moveset.

A few juggles that I've been using: *training mode with hit type set to counter*
:8::K:, :P::K:, :6::P::K::K: 87 dmg. Light weights only.

:3::3::K:, :8::K:, :3::P::K::K: 96 dmg. Light to Mid weights.

*by a wall* :3::3::K:, :P::K:, :P::K::K::K: 127 dmg. Light to Mid weights

:3::P+K:, :7::K: 65 dmg. All weights.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD