[DOA2++] Moveset Editing Project

Nightpup

I have a request. It's something I've always wanted Kasumi to have but she never did.
Might I ask for you to add another move into her moveset?
:3::3::P::P+K:
Basically it's her normal :3::3::P: but with a follow-up transition to her back-turned :4::P:(the spinning uppercut-chop thing that launches).
Another request is to add one more hit after :6::P::P:: Transition into DOA4 Kasumi's :236::P:, like Alpha-152 does with her jab.

One final request is to add Kasumi's back-to-wall :7::P: from DOA3. The one where she jumps onto the wall then dashes down towards the ground, through the opponent.

Another question: Would implementing teleports into her moves be possible(like DOA5U does with Kasumi and Phase 4)?

Last edited:

usagiZ

:3::3::P::P+K: seems like a good addition.

I haven't figured out how to add back-to-wall commands, yet. It seems possible. I'll do a few tests.

I thought Alpha-152's :6::P::P::P: string would fit right in when the moveset was first put together, but I figured it didn't really make sense. I don't think Kasumi Alpha and Alpha-152 should have any overlaps.

Adding teleports is possible, just not anywhere near the functionality of DOA5.

Kronin

Thanks for the link @usagiZ! I tried the character and seem really able to give a vibe of the Doa5U character even if excluding the teleport parts: so far I like her moveset and I was asking to myself what you need to do for completing it: do you want make the character the most similar possible to Phase-4?

Also, If I can give you a casual suggestion, maybe it could be a nice touch of class to assign to it the voice of Sakura Tenge in the final version of the game (this should be possible, considering how in DoA2U all the files audio of Kasumi include even a dubbed version of her the files audio of theoriginal seyuu of Kasumi were included having the option to change her voice).

Of course I support the thread, I continue to think that your project is awesome ;) I'm only sorry that even if being so enthusiast of it, actually I'm unable to give you a technical help tied to my ignorance of this side of the game =(

Nightpup

Thanks for the link @usagiZ! I tried the character and seem really able to give a vibe of the Doa5U character even if excluding the teleport parts: so far I like her moveset and I was asking to myself what you need to do for completing it: do you want make the character the most similar possible to Phase-4?

Also, If I can give you a casual suggestion, maybe it could be a nice touch of class to assign to it the voice of Sakura Tenge in the final version of the game (this should be possible, considering how in DoA2U all the files audio of Kasumi include even a dubbed version of her the files audio of theoriginal seyuu of Kasumi were included having the option to change her voice).

Of course I support the thread, I continue to think that your project is awesome ;) I'm only sorry that even if being so enthusiast of it, actually I'm unable to give you a technical help tied to my ignorance of this side of the game =(
I agree with the voice thing. I'd prefer Sakura Tange's voice clips as well.

An unrelated question: Does anyone know how to chance Kasumi's hairstyle in DOAOL? I want her ninja ponytail :<

Last edited:

Nightpup

:3::3::P::P+K: seems like a good addition.

I haven't figured out how to add back-to-wall commands, yet. It seems possible. I'll do a few tests.

I thought Alpha-152's :6::P::P::P: string would fit right in when the moveset was first put together, but I figured it didn't really make sense. I don't think Kasumi Alpha and Alpha-152 should have any overlaps.

Adding teleports is possible, just not anywhere near the functionality of DOA5.

If you're not wanting to do that, then why not do this as a new move?
:6::P::P::P:: A transition from Kasumi Alpha's :6::P::P: to her :3::3::P: or her :3::P+K:.

usagiZ

@Kronin It would be nice to have a team of people working on this, who were more familiar with DOA2U's gameplay, but not many people were interested in editing the gameplay - so it never really went anywhere.

The support from the few that are interested helps with motivation, though - so again, thanks to anyone who's been watching the thread and staying tuned for the updates.

Oh, about Alpha, she wasn't supposed to be exactly like Phase-4. Originally, I had planned to make her really similar to DOA1 Kasumi, because that's when they originally cloned Kasumi. I ended up experimenting with adding automatic strings (like Phase-4's 3-in-1 kick from 5U) and decided she'd be based on both DOA1 Kasumi and Phase-4.

@Nightpup I had planned on using Sakura Tange's voice for it, but there aren't as many sounds in that voice bank. If there was a video showcasing Sakura Tange's voice from DOA Dimensions, I could maybe whip up a custom voice bank for DOAO. I'd have to use the older voice bank with 2U, though.

@Mr. Wah There are a decent amount of changes to Bass. There are too many to list off the top of my head, but, he has new strings, better juggling ability, and a few new launchers. I wasn't able to add his air throws, sadly.

Some new strings include DOA4's :4::P::P::P+K:, :6::P::K:, :2::P::P:, :3::3::P::P:, :P::K::K:

DOA3's :6::P::K: was a serious candidate, but DOA4's :6::P::K: was added instead - because it's just infinitely more useful. I tried lowering the juggle height of 3's :6::P::K:, because balance, but it just didn't work as well as DOA4's, in terms of reliability. The kick from 3's :6::P::K: does make an appearance, though, mapped to :7::K:.

Last edited:

Nightpup

Oh, about Alpha, she wasn't supposed to be exactly like Phase-4. Originally, I had planned to make her really similar to DOA1 Kasumi, because that's when they originally cloned Kasumi. I ended up experimenting with adding automatic strings (like Phase-4's 3-in-1 kick from 5U) and decided she'd be based on both DOA1 Kasumi and Phase-4.

@Nightpup I had planned on using Sakura Tange's voice for it, but there aren't as many sounds in that voice bank. If there was a video showcasing Sakura Tange's voice from DOA Dimensions, I could maybe whip up a custom voice bank for DOAO. I'd have to use the older voice bank with 2U, though. Also, :6::P::P:,:3::P+K: sounds okay. I'll do some testing to see if it makes a difference.
Automatic strings are a big no-no in my book. Look how Phase 4 turned out: Very bad compared to Kasumi.

I couldn't get her Dimensions voice, but here's a video of all of her voice clips in DOA2.
Right off the bat I can tell you that her voice clip you use for her 3-in-1 Helena kick and a couple other moves can be replaced with the voice at 0:07.

Also, I had an idea for a throw. I don't know how much you can do with animating, but would something like this be possible?: A new throw, :4::4::H+P:, where she does Kasumi's :6::h: from DOA1(She grabs them and spins behind them)? But instead of spinning behind them, she teleports behind them so that she has more advantage for possibly a guaranteed follow-up? It would also do a tiny bit of damage of course.

Last edited:

usagiZ

@Nightpup Ah, thanks for the video - but I wouldn't expect a Sakura Tange voicebank anytime soon. (ran into some roadblocks.)

It's a nice idea, but I'm pretty sure the animations for that throw were removed from the game. It might be possible to stitch other animations together to recreate it, but that would be a little tedious. The new advanced holds/parries (for punches) sort of work like your idea, and she already has :6::6::H+P:, :6::H+P: which leaves the enemy backturned - but she doesn't have much advantage from those, admittedly. That can be changed if it's decided she doesn't have enough options, but she seems to be decent for the most part.

Also, Alpha's not supposed to be as good as Kasumi. :confused:

Kronin

An unrelated question: Does anyone know how to chance Kasumi's hairstyle in DOAOL? I want her ninja ponytail :<

Choose the character and the outfit, then look for "Little Sound", click on it and select one of the hairstyles options: default, 1, 2 or 3.

EuUZOIT.jpg

It's enough to do it only one time (and so you haven't to do this everytime you start a match), however I'm not sure if the option remain in "memory" if you decide to change outfit.

usagiZ

Alright, I'm making a few adjustments to Alpha's moveset again. @Nightpup's suggestion of :3::3::P::P+K: was added, and she has a new mid-punch hold.

This will most likely be the last update for Alpha, before the entire patch is released. I'm currently working on adding a few attacks to round out the moveset, because it seems to be missing something.

I was thinking of a new attack for :4::P+K:. I'm probably going to try to mimic Phase-4's spinning chop attack (:6::P+K: in 5U, I think?)

Also, to anyone that tested out the moveset, what's your opinion of the :3::P+K: 2-in-1?

Nightpup

Alright, I'm making a few adjustments to Alpha's moveset again. @Nightpup's suggestion of :3::3::P::P+K: was added, and she has a new mid-punch hold.

This will most likely be the last update for Alpha, before the entire patch is released. I'm currently working on adding a few attacks to round out the moveset, because it seems to be missing something.

I was thinking of a new attack for :4::P+K:. I'm probably going to try to mimic Phase-4's spinning chop attack (:6::P+K: in 5U, I think?)

Also, to anyone that tested out the moveset, what's your opinion of the :3::P+K: 2-in-1?
3P+K has no use honestly. It's just there to be cool. If it were a normal-hit launcher that could be juggled off of(like, a PPKK at least), it would be much better.
Are on-hit throws possible?(Like what Tina can do with her regular K. If the hit connects and she presses T then it does a throw. Or like Hayabusa's Shoho-Izuna.)

Last edited:

usagiZ

3P+K has no use honestly. It's just there to be cool. If it were a normal-hit launcher that could be juggled off of(like, a PPKK at least), it would be much better.
Are on-hit throws possible?(Like what Tina can do with her regular K. If the hit connects and she presses T then it does a throw. Or like Hayabusa's Shoho-Izuna.)
Ah, fair enough. That's actually how 3P+K was originally. I guess a buff would be fine. It was the first test for automatic strings, and I decided to keep it.

I haven't tested on-hit throws. It'd probably be something like adding a throw combo to an attack string. Tina could definitely benefit from on-hit throws.

Other things that are conditional, I have no clue about -- like ground throws, air throws, or back-to-wall commands.

leidoa

genfu have a air throw and leon have ground throws maybe you look in their files and check out how is it don ,about kasumi alpha:3::P+K: Is useless make her more like phase 4 doa1 kasumi moves is really boring :confused:

usagiZ

genfu have a air throw and leon have ground throws maybe you look in their files and check out how is it don ,about kasumi alpha:3::P+K: Is useless make her more like phase 4 doa1 kasumi moves is really boring :confused:

@leidoa I tried looking at how their files handle ground and air throws before, but I didn't get anywhere with it. I might try again, but it's not a priority.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Did a quick fix for 3P+K. This attack has been a big headache...lol.

Here's the quick-fixed update for Alpha's moveset: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kbd3xzs23bburrj/Alpha_QuickFix.zip

:3::P+K:'s damage was lowered to 28. The first hit launches on normal and counter, and the second hit has better re-launch height. The launch height is now slightly lower than :3::3::P:.

A follow-up was added to :3::3::P: as :3::3::P::P+K:.

:6::P: re-launches slightly higher to make :6::P::K::K: and :P::P::P::6::K::K: a little more reliable in a juggle.

There's a new command mapped to :4::P+K:. High punch stun. 23 damage. It's similar to 2U Kasumi's :4::P:. I'm not sure how useful it'll be.

Her mid-punch hold is now similar to Phase-4's.

Let me know if you run into any issues. I'll keep them in mind for the final release.

On a side note, I read the DOA wiki and -spoiler alert?- it said Kasumi Alpha was transformed into Alpha-152, and finally into Phase-4...lol. Is that canon? :confused:

Last edited:

Kronin

Thanks for the update usagiZ, later I will try it :)

On a side note, I read the DOA wiki and -spoiler alert?- it said Kasumi Alpha was transformed into Alpha-152, and finally into Phase-4...lol. Is that canon? :confused:

In Doa Dimensions during the chapter 4, the narration in the lower text seems to hint about Kasumi Alpha being transformed physically in Alpha-152, and the sudden disappearence of the character in the chapter 4 further confirms it.

You can read the info at 3:37:

In any cases Phase 4 is a character completely indipendent from them, she has nothing to do with the old Kasumi Alpha and Alpha-152, being another clone (actually she is the prototype of the Phase 4 series) with different powers and personality.

PS:
In addition Alpha-152 for me was killed by Fake Kasumi when she enters in the laboratory of Mist (even if the wikia say that actually the final shapeshifting boss of DoA5 is Alpha-152, personally I disagree).

Last edited:

usagiZ

This is nice. Are you still working on a DOA3 remake ?
Thanks! :)
@Gultigargar released a DOA3 mod pack a few pages ago. I stopped working on a DOA3 conversion when that was released. @Gultigargar did a better job than I would have, tbh - with documentation of the changes.

The current project is probably more like a diet DOA4 - without the hit reactions and ground game. Essentially, it's an experiment in DOA modding, with an effort to just make everyone "better". Add stuff in, and make it work is the plan, for the most part.

Nightpup

Kasumi Alpha was indeed transformed into Alpha-152. Alpha-152 was then killed by False Kasumi in DOA5. But False Kasumi was then killed by Ayane and Hayate directly after. I think Phase 4 is a completely separate clone.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD