[DOA2++] Moveset Editing Project

leidoa

For kasumi alpha make :P::P::K: like phase 4 the 3kick in 1 ، :P+K: And :4::P+K: Both are similar in hit reaction no need for both of them , as for hit reaction have you looked inside comon.mot file i swapped doa3 file with doa2u the reaction changed in some hits and ground landing but it was bugge anyway , maybe you can import animation to the doa2u comon.mot file ;)

usagiZ

... i swapped doa3 file with doa2u the reaction changed in some hits and ground landing but it was bugge anyway , maybe you can import animation to the doa2u comon.mot file ;)
I'm not going to be messing with the hit reactions. It's possible, but it's really hard to add those in with my limited knowledge. I really would like wall-splat from DOA3.1, but I'm not sure how that would work.

@Nightpup Indeed, she's not supposed to be exactly like Phase-4. Also, @leidoa, :4::P+K: should have the same hit reaction as Gen Fu's :P+K:. It was supposed to be included in the quick-fix...I forgot to change it. :eek:

Last edited:

usagiZ

What about the other characters like lisa ,kokoro ,eliot are you going to make them too
Their animations have been converted to 2U/3's format. It would extremely difficult, but it's possible to remake their movesets for the 2U engine. I won't be investing any time in doing so, because of the hard-coded camera and wall-splat data.

Hmm... tweaking some move properties to fit in more with the general feeling of the gameplay patch has been interesting. In general, some juggles seem a little floaty...I'll probably change that before the first release. Kasumi Alpha's moveset can give you an idea of how juggling (and general gameplay) feels in the patch. The least changed characters will probably be Hayabusa, Gen Fu, Tengu, and Leifang.

I've been thinking of giving the "slower paced" characters their DOA1 parries, and altering them to have significant frame advantage for a guaranteed stun followup. It just seems like an interesting option for slow characters to be able to keep up with faster characters (primarily the ninjas). It's just an idea, though.

Anyway, now that I have some time, I might be able to finish the first release of the patch. Please stay tuned!

Also, If I have enough time, I might put together some documentation for how everything was done (as far as moveset editing), if there's enough interest. Hopefully someone else can make a complete 3.1 mod with that info.

leidoa

i really want to change the hit reaction the old ones sucks :confused:
if you can explain how you import animation ill try my best to do it , is it really really hard ?!

usagiZ

is this over ??
Hey @leidoa , and hello to anyone still watching the thread.

I haven't had much time to work on this, or update the thread on any progress I've made. I also haven't come up with documentation on how to change all the things, yet. I'll work on that as soon as I get the chance.

I'm trying to speed through the changes when I have time, but that means I haven't been documenting much of what I've done, unfortunately. :(

If anyone is still interested, (which is doubtful with LR coming to PC and all?) I can maybe link a few characters for play testing. I was waiting until I was done with all the characters to do that, but a little feedback would probably be good.

Last edited:

leidoa

i think this mod is interesting for doa 2 ultimate to have different and modern feel to the game an it has nothing to do with doa5LR

usagiZ

Hey again. I should have a test build ready for the following characters, within a few days, now that I have some free time:
Ayane
Kasumi
Tina
Ein
Bass
Hitomi

There will be a few audio bugs for Tina and Ayane - as I ported some voice clips from doa3 and xbv for their new movesets, which only works for the xbox version.

With the new movesets, there might be some issues with attacks that have tracking - it's not really noticeable, and only happens in rare cases with strange positioning of the opponent.

A .txt command list will be included for each of the movesets. I'll probably just update this post with the links.

leidoa

Hey again. I should have a test build ready for the following characters, within a few days, now that I have some free time:
Ayane
Kasumi
Tina
Ein
Bass
Hitomi

There will be a few audio bugs for Tina and Ayane - as I ported some voice clips from doa3 and xbv for their new movesets, which only works for the xbox version.

With the new movesets, there might be some issues with attacks that have tracking - it's not really noticeable, and only happens in rare cases with strange positioning of the opponent.

A .txt command list will be included for each of the movesets. I'll probably just update this post with the links.
have you discover something new like importing throws and holds ? . and you going to make a document for the editing tricks cuz i think we need more then one person to finish this quicker :)

how did you port voices are they located in bin and mot files ? im trying to import the english voice form doa2 hardcore to doa2 ultimate but i only changed the voice in the voice.afs which only contain winning pose voice only , i dont where the gameplay voices are ?

also is there a way to swap stages in doa ultimate cuz there's alot of awesome cutscene stages such as

-leon desert
-ein dojo
-the prairie (sunset)
-miyama ( not playable only fighting final boss )
- ryu bamboo stage
- helena elevator

i think theres more then these , i don't know but i think it will be cool to see these stages in action :D

usagiZ

Quick question, how exactly do I get DOAO I looked it up but I could never find it
@LunaXii I'm not sure where to find a working version at this point. I stumbled across it years ago. You might be able to find a working version floating around the internet somewhere. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

have you discover something new like importing throws and holds?
[✂snip]
how did you port voices...?
[✂snip]
also is there a way to swap stages...?
[✂snip]
i think theres more then these , i don't know but i think it will be cool to see these stages in action :D

@leidoa Yes, importing throws and holds is pretty simple - if you nullify camera movements. Hitomi was given her DOA4 9F hold (for highs and mids)

The hardest part is importing an animation and finding space for it in the motion container. Each character has a strict filesize limit for their motion container. Animations take up the most time, because you have to do all the calculations, and repointing, manually. (staring at hex data and typing values into a calculator, for eternity.)

Fight voices are easy to port between files, not as easy as copy-paste, but close.

I'm working on documentation with images to show how to do all of this, but it'll take a while. (Also, yes, it'd be great to have some help, but anyone looking to mod DOA2 this heavily would need some time to get used to the methods. Changing the move properties is ridiculously simple, compared to animation importing, re-coding holds, adding new strings, repointing data, etc.)

Stage swapping should be as easy as changing a few values, but first, you need to find the stage select offsets (which are hard-coded) for time-attack, versus, tag, training, etc. which are all different.

Leon's Desert, and The Miyama are probably the only ones that will work nicely as new stages. (I want the Miyama in Spring, personally. >w> )

Basically, most important information like wall-splat distance, camera-controls, costume lists, and stage-select data are all in the executable.
If someone finds camera-controls for each character, porting Christie and Brad will be pretty simple. They'll have to replace someone, though.

Last edited:

leidoa

kasumi have like 80 costumes in doa ultimate:eek: we can literally fit all the missing characters with that much costumes , also there is the unplayable characters like
- young bass
- young tina
- helena mom
- leon's wife
- naked kasumi
- rabbet
-prairie rat

these characters have there own slots and files just like the playable ones and you can actually make them playable by swapping numbers in hexeditor
i tried it b4 it works but they don't fight , you have to replace them with other characters tho . maybe we can replace em with (christie) (brad) (hayate) and insert them in the character selection :)

also i have a move idea for genfu maybe it's good or bad i dont know:rolleyes:

the move is :9::K::K: which is basically his :9::K: and his back kick :2::K: it sounds good :)
but keep his original :9::K::2::K:

WAZAAAAA

Quick question, how exactly do I get DOAO I looked it up but I could never find it
Video showcase - youtu.be/SuX6f0tapqs
Download link (working since 2012) - tiny.cc/doaoldownload

Things to keep in mind:
-No account required
-Megaphone button to escape stuck situations
-Quickest way to change character -> Alt+C
-Be careful when doing Alt+Tab on fullscreen, the game may randomly freeze
-If you can't connect with any player, open your all UDP ports from 1 to 65535

usagiZ

kasumi have like 80 costumes in doa ultimate:eek: we can literally fit all the missing characters with that much costumes , also there is the unplayable characters like
[*snip*]
i tried it b4 it works but they don't fight , you have to replace them with other characters tho . maybe we can replace em with (christie) (brad) (hayate) and insert them in the character selection :)
[*snip*]
the move is :9::K::K: which is basically his :9::K: and his back kick :2::K: it sounds good :)
but keep his original :9::K::2::K:

@leidoa It sounds like you've got some info on the hardcoded data. That could be useful for future changes. Also, your move suggestion for Genfu was interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright, A few characters were gathered up for play-testing.
*EDIT*
--------------------------------------------
I removed the download link, due to major errors with the movesets.
I'm trying to fix the minor moveset errors along with the glaring issues with the current direction of the patch.
I'll try to complete all characters for testing sometime soon (next week). Sorry! :confused:
--------------------------------------------

~~~~~~How to use the files.~~~~~~~~

These are simple to get working on DOA Online, just drag these files into the /bin folder for your game (MAKE BACKUPS FIRST)

There are more steps to getting these to work on the xbox. You need the "datahdd.afs" from your copy of 2U, and AFS Explorer. These files are bigger than the original files, so in AFS Explorer, you'll have to "modify reserved space" for the files you're replacing, and rebuild the afs before replacing them.

I'll probably make an image tutorial for the first complete build of the patch to simplify things, sorry If the xbox instructions aren't helpful enough. :(

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Very impressive, great job. I've got a few things I'd like to say about some of the changes, but I'm not sure if it makes sense to start on that before the mod is even finished.

usagiZ

Very impressive, great job. I've got a few things I'd like to say about some of the changes, but I'm not sure if it makes sense to start on that before the mod is even finished.

@Gultigargar Thank you, very much! It's a lot of tedious work, but I enjoy it. Also, knowing that even just a few people are following this thread has kept me motivated.

I'm open to any and all feedback, so please, go right on ahead!

Gultigargar

I'm probably gonna sound a bit like a cranky old man, and I'm pretty sure some of the things I'm mentioning aren't really what you wanted to do with this mod, but I still just want to put it out there.

I'm not really into DOA4 and 5's heavy focus on the stun game, and I think this mod is getting too close to that now for my taste. To me the game just isn't fun when everything leads to guessing in stun, and DOA2 has a much shorter stun threshold anyway, making it kind of hard to actually utilize all those hit properties. It also just looks plain weird to me when moves like Ayane's 4K, Kasumi's 9K and Tina's 66K stun instead of knocking the opponent down/away. (I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, though, seeing as I myself changed Ein and Hitomi's knockdown kicks into limbo stuns in my DOA3 mod...)

Kind of the same thing with string mixups, not a fan of DOA4's way of doing them. DOA4 introduced a lot of longer strings and multiple different string enders (e.g. Gen Fu's 3KP6P/3KP46P) to mix-up with in the stun-game, but this doesn't use DOA4's stun system, so it really just feels out of place to me.

There were also a couple of nerfs that just left a sour taste in my mouth, like Kasumi's 3PP no longer stunning and Ayane being unable to do her signature BT PP6P, 7K juggle because of the lower relaunch on BT PP6P. Kasumi and Ayane are almost entirely different characters in DOA4, so having them being a mix of DOA2/3 and DOA4 just feels a bit "schizophrenic" to me. (Basically, I'm biased as hell and want them to play like in DOA3 :oops:)

Kind of the same thing goes for Hitomi. I personally prefer her old 66PK animation instead of the jump-kick one, but that's mostly just a matter of aesthetic preference. I'm not really seeing any use for her new 8P, I liked her DOA3 8P a lot better. Her PP6K-strings and her 6P-string mixups are once again too DOA4-like for my taste. Also don't think 6P really needs the speed buff. Not too keen on her new 6KKK/7PKKK string either, but that's mostly because I'm so used to how it worked in DOA3 (can't seem to do 7PK, 7PKK as a juggle anymore).

Regarding Ein, it always seemed to me like an intentional weakness that he didn't have great lows outside of his strings, so I don't really know about giving him 2F+K and 1P. 2F+K is probably alright, he technically already had the move after jumping, but I don't think he needs 1P, and its properties now functions like a DOA4 1P, not a DOA2/3 1P. Ryu/Hayate also have that move, and it doesn't put the opponent in a sitting stun. Same thing goes for Hitomi's 1P.

I'm a bit conflicted about the parries. They're really cool, but Ein and Hitomi just don't really feel like parry characters to me. Ein's parry feels too strong to me right now. I think if he were to keep it, it would be better with just frame advantage, like Hitomi's, if possible.

Also conflicted about the DOA4 2P animations. They do look pretty neat, I guess, but they were designed with DOA4's ground game in mind, which we don't really have here. They also have longer recovery than their DOA2/3 counterparts, which means you won't be able to pressure as well after a counter-hit. Right now I'm leaning towards keeping the old ones.

Bitchin's over, here's some of the stuff I like:
- Bass's 2PP string from DOA4 seems like it'd be really useful. Having a low jab with a follow up seems like it would make it a lot easier for him to deal with characters jabbing away at him.
- Ein's 3_PP feels pretty good, and I think giving it that input was a pretty good choice, instead of having it be 3PP where you would have to free cancel all the time to just to regular 3P's. Also really nice to be able to use his 4PPP with 214P, even though I can't really think of a use for it. Looks cool though, so who cares.
- I like Hitomi's new 3PP, but mainly because her old 3P was not that useful.
- Probably more stuff I forgot to mention 'cause I'm kind of tired right now and can't remember shit.

Anyway, that's just what I think, but this is your mod, so do whatever *you* feel the best about doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD