News DOA2H PSN release incoming

Kasumi-Phase-X

That is pretty cool, I also hope they release the latest version which is DOA2:Hard*Core which includes extra costumes, cutscenes, & has a new turbo speed option. That would be an instant buy

Aerospark

Standard Donor
The ESRB has let slip that DOA2:Hardcore will soon be getting a PS2 Classics release on PSN in North America!

Sources:
ESRB
Siliconera
tumblr_inline_n7hxzzQRg41ry7m0f.gif

WisperG

That is pretty cool, I also hope they release the latest version which is DOA2:Hard*Core which includes extra costumes, cutscenes, & has a new turbo speed option. That would be an instant buy
That's extremely unlikely, unless it were included in an HD Collection or something. These PSN releases are released as-is, exactly like the original release. The updated version of HC never left Japan.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Capitilze R in "release" and I in "incoming" for the title.

Anyway this is going to be a direct single player port just like on PS3. Don't expect netplay or anything new at all other than perhaps smoother textures.

WisperG

@Number 13
There won't be online play. This isn't an updated version of the game.

@deathofaninja
Technically, it's not even a port. PS1/2 Classics are emulated. Odds are, it will be identical to the original English release in every way aside from the inclusion of the PS Classics UI which typically allows for, among other minor things, button remapping, messing with memory card slots, and adjustable screen settings (original resolution, pillar-boxed, stretched to widescreen, etc...).

Oh, and now that my post has been promoted to a featured, front-page post, I'm not allowed to edit the title, presumably because I'm not a mod or staff member. Otherwise, I would fix the capitalization.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Definitely going to purchase this the moment it hits the PlayStation Store! DOA2H is my favorite in the series! Bad English voice acting and all. :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD