DOA3 finally playable on PC (emulation)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Does anyone know where this emulator stores game saves? I was messing around with DOA3++ and it is clearly saving my settings, but I have no idea where. I'd like to import my Xbox save.

Gultigargar

It's in your AppData/Roaming folder. Once you're there, navigate to the Cxbx-Reloaded/EmuDisk folder. In that folder is a bunch of partition folders. Your save file will most likely be in Partition1.

Side note, adding costumes to the folder also works, which is pretty neat.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yeah, I actually ended up finding it after I posted this. Sadly, it doesn't look like you can get 2U saves to work though. Even swapping out Cxbx's EEPROM.bin file with the one from your Xbox doesn't work.

EDIT: Importing a 3.1 save didn't work either. Hmm.

dee4doa

With the latest version of CXBX, the UI works now (though only in windowed mode atm) Also modding has also got a LOT more easier. You can simply drag costumes over to the emulator's Partition save folder.
upload_2018-6-18_19-12-25.png

Bacaww

Whenever I try to open the XBE file it states: "invalid magic number in XBE file" anyone an idea on how to fix this?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Odd. I've never once experienced crashing with 3.1/3++. The only issues I've had are the odd graphical ones and that Xbox saves don't work with it, for some reason.

Also, in regards to DOA2U, I've noticed that unlocking Hitomi seems to be impossible. Having a DOA3 save did not seem to matter. Haven't tried with a DOAX save on there though.

Moruma

Odd. I've never once experienced crashing with 3.1/3++. The only issues I've had are the odd graphical ones and that Xbox saves don't work with it, for some reason.

Also, in regards to DOA2U, I've noticed that unlocking Hitomi seems to be impossible. Having a DOA3 save did not seem to matter. Haven't tried with a DOAX save on there though.
DOAX save worked for me!!

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD