DOA4's demo and other questions

usagiZ

Your method gives notation and other data too? I kind of want to figure out how to finally perform Jann Lee's hidden taunt that only the CPU could seemingly pull off.
There's lots more, but I don't think I can motivate myself to record/gif them all just yet :confused:
I'm guessing there's at least 20 unused animations per character.
aGACLUj.gif

I had to do some poking around in the character.bin to find the properties and input, which takes a bit more time. I outline how to do some of that in the documentation of DOAO moveset editing.
It'd be great to have a way to automate all of this or have a nice gui to look at instead of an endless sea of hex data - It'll never happen though.

As for Jann Lee's hidden taunt, the CPU actually has its own section for commands -- That way it's possible to make a cpu-exclusive command like his super fast :P::P::P::P: or the hidden taunt. You'd have to change a couple values in the character.bin to allow players to do the hidden taunt.

====EDIT====

I posted the animation viewing tutorial in the DOAO Gameplay Patch thread

It also works for DOA4 animations, you just have to use the converted mots included in the zip file for the tutorial.

Last edited:

PrincessPeachfan2016

Well, Lisa has a ''rope walk'' move, maybe Kasumi was supposed to have a move like it, too. BTW, If we press T during the wall run she will do Oboro?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, DOA 4 is kind of the great tragedy in my book. There is a lot under the hood, and very important system mechanics got scrapped during the 11th hour because SOMEBODY showed a competitive DOA 3 video to Itagaki who proceeded to throw a hissy fit because he didn't want his game being played that way -- and promptly began stripping all the important mechanics out of it.

I still believe there is enough data buried in the games files to forge it into a truly competitive title, but.... well, we already have one now, so it's kind of a dead mission.

Moneyspider_Todd

to being honest i have never beign a fan or supporter of the fighting game community and the competitive scenes, so, that's not an issue for me. I like DOA4 as it is; a fun, action-packed, fast-paced, accesible fighting game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
As a casual game, it's great. When I was a young teenager and played fighting games purely without any kind of competitive focus, it would have been the perfect kind of game for me. When the only understanding one requires is the bare minimum, its easy for such problems to be invisible. Even I can admit that I do miss those times somewhat, though I wouldn't trade my knowledge for anything.

In my case, I never really intended to get competitive the way that I did. I just loved playing the series enough that I accidentally began understanding more and more until suddenly I was able to win local tournaments. After that, it was impossible to overlook such things. rip

Moneyspider_Todd

I understand you; i've spend over 15 or more years digging Deep into all knowledge i can Access about comic-books, wrestling and music. As much that i can until got bored of it. So that's why i'm taking DOA, SF and fighting games in general with a different approach, less obsessive and more casual and simpler, to enjoy it more withot going back into Deep wáter. So, no footsies, parrying of hitboxes for me XD

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD