DOA5 1.03A changelog

DR2K

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch.html

Tag mode is the new DOA3.1

Adjusted tag combo damage and revised stagger escapes make Tag Mode even better suited for aggressive play. Try out the moves below for a taste of the crazy combos you can now pull off in Tag Mode!
** COMBO DETAILS **
(C) = tag change
(BT) = back-turned

Leifang & Hitomi:
Leifang EX mid KH→4KK(C)→8K→6P+K(C)→8K→9KK(C)→7KK(C)→3P4P(C)→PP6PK

Bayman & Christie
Bayman P+K (counter hit)→3K(C)→214P(C)→7P→236P(C)→H+KK(C)→214PP(C)→2PP(C)→3K3P+K・T

Tina & Lisa:
Tina 8P(C)→9K(C)→8P(C)→236K(C)→33K(C)→6PP(C)→6PPK(C)→4PK→7K(C)→41236T

Zack & Mila
Mila 3PP(C)→4H+K(C)→6P+K→33P(C)→33PP(C)→P6PK(C)→33KK(C)→3PP(C)→7KK

Hayate & Hayabusa:
Hayate P+K(C)→214P(C)→6P+K~P+K(C)→8P→8P→2_4K(C)→8P→(BT)PPP(C)→2_4K(C)→PP6PK

Brad Wong & Eliot
Brad 6K→8P→6K→66P→3P+K→(lie down)K8→(handstand)KK(C)→3_P→9KK(C)→PPK(C)→PP46P

Jann Lee & Kokoro
Jann Lee H+K(C)→236P(C)→3K(C)→7P→7K(C)→9KK(C)→9P→P+K(C)→4KKP(C)→P2KP

Kasumi & Ayane
Kasumi H+K (counter hit)→KKP(C)→8KK→(BT)6P(C)→7K(on hit)6P+KKK(C)→(dash)→(BT)PPKK(C)→7K (on hit) 6P+KKK(C)→PPPK

Made it easier to continue combos in Tag Mode by disabling stagger escapes for some Criticals.

Character changes are updated and dated.

Team NINJA said:
■ Changes & fixes

• Fixed an issue in Ver. 1.03 that prevented stagger escapes while in Critical. (The Xbox 360 version will also have the same behavior.) PS3/Xbox360
  • Made it easier to continue combos in Tag Mode by disabling stagger escapes for some Criticals. PS3/Xbox360
  • Changed the combo damage adjustment in Tag Mode for tag changes during juggles from 1.7 to 0.95. PS3/Xbox360
  • Adjusted the amount of GP gained and lost in Ranked Matches to bring it in line with original expectations. PS3/Xbox360
  • Changed the fight results (Fights, Wins, Wins (%)) displayed for opponents in Ranked Match searches to only display Ranked Match fight results. PS3/Xbox360
  • Change the Grade Point gauge display in areas such as the fight results in the Main Menu to be based on current rank rather than overall performance. PS3/Xbox360
  • Fixed a bug which caused the Move Details display to reset when Power Blows and other moves were performed. PS3/Xbox360
  • Fixed a bug preventing game progress when acquired Titles were shared on Facebook in Online mode. PS3/Xbox360
  • Fixed a bug in the Fighter List that changed the date of the last match with an opponent to the current date and time when the list was refreshed. PS3/Xbox360
  • Fixed a bug that caused some characters to go through the floor after being hit with certain moves from Sarah. PS3/Xbox360
  • In the version for PS3, some replays recorded before Ver. 1.02 do not play back correctly. (Planned to be fixed in a future update.) Xbox360

■ Move performance adjustments

• *These changes also apply to the version for Xbox 360, despite Ver. 1.03 not being distributed for that version.
    Disabled tech rolls for certain moves for which tech rolls had mistakenly been allowed in Ver. 1.03.
  • *The following Ver. 1.03 bug fix was reverted to its previous state: "Fixed a bug when an opponent was already in some stuns which cannot be tech rolled and a followup attack was made, then the un-tech-rollable status was maintained." PS3/Xbox360
  • Changed the stagger on crouching Counter hit for Hayate's Senjinkyaku (3K). PS3/Xbox360
  • Fixed a bug that caused Kokoro's Shinso-Kaimon (214T・4T・46T) to cause less damage than a normal hit when performed as a Counter Hit or higher against a wall.

synce

Too bad almost nobody plays tag and the few that do have bullshit settings like 4 rounds and largest life :p

Glad they changed ranked mode

HaJiN

From Team Ninja 1.03A Patch Details:

Disabled tech rolls for certain moves for which tech rolls had mistakenly been allowed in Ver. 1.03.
*The following Ver. 1.03 bug fix was reverted to its previous state: "Fixed a bug when an opponent was already in some stuns which cannot be tech rolled and a followup attack was made, then the un-tech-rollable status was maintained."

Did they just bring Helena's ground game back?

"Fixed a bug when an opponent was already in some stuns which cannot be tech rolled and a followup attack was made, then the un-tech-rollable status was maintained."

I think this was the note released in the original patch details for 1.03 that took away her ground game.

*Crosses fingers*

Kronin

So the reason for the stagger glitch was that originally it should be applied only to the tag mode.

DR2K

From Team Ninja 1.03A Patch Details:

*The following Ver. 1.03 bug fix was reverted to its previous state: "Fixed a bug when an opponent was already in some stuns which cannot be tech rolled and a followup attack was made, then the un-tech-rollable status was maintained."

Did they just bring Helena's ground game back?

"Fixed a bug when an opponent was already in some stuns which cannot be tech rolled and a followup attack was made, then the un-tech-rollable status was maintained."

I think this was the note released in the original patch details for 1.03 that took away her ground game.

*Crosses fingers*

Yes, almost everything ground wise has been reverted to what it was before.

Sam Sultan

Hmm it seems like they kept single mode to be more DOA like, a.k.a not much is guaranteed which i prefer BTW. And they made tag mode to be more Tekken like with guaranteed high damage combos.

Kronin

Effectively that video reminds me very well the gameplay from TTT2...

About the date, The Team Ninja list of changes report just February for the Xbox version. I'm sure that it will arrive at the most the next week.

d3v

In response to that Tag mode video, someone should come up with a v1.03 vanilla combo video featuring sit down stuns.
From the patch notes:
Shit shouldn't limited to tag mode only. Either that, or Tag should become the tournament standard.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I hope they fixed the problem with the accedental tag slams.its been messing me up real bad in tag and even though watching Bayman descend from the heavens to crush an enemy underneath his boots is cool its not what I meant to do

Kronin

Minus the 1 v 2, which they should've adapted and refined from DOAD.

Do you talk about Namco? Personally I love the possibility to play with your last character reamined against the two of your adversary and to have the possibility to change the fate of the match. The 1 vs 2 is one of the main reasons because I prefer the Tag mode of Doa compared to the one of Tekken.

The official explanation of the Tekken developers is that permitting to play 1 vs 2 the matches will end to be too much long, but personally I disagree.

I hope they fixed the problem with the accedental tag slams.its been messing me up real bad in tag and even though watching Bayman descend from the heavens to crush an enemy underneath his boots is cool its not what I meant to do

What is this problem? Do you mean that also not pressing at the same time the imput down and the button to switch characters, do you obtain however the tag slam?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD