DOA5 Balance Footage - 07/13/12

Raansu

Oh look...Bayman's back turn throw is still useless...lovely.

Edit:

Bleh I was getting somewhat excited for the game after reading all the E3 information but seriously after watching the videos from yesterday and watching these videos today...All the problems with DoA4 are still present in these videos and I'm slowly losing interest in the game again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh look...Bayman's back turn throw is still useless...lovely.

You see in the first round that he's actually going for a mix-up of an offensive hold. The second round shows the full natural throw combo is still there.

Raansu

You see in the first round that he's actually going for a mix-up of an offensive hold. The second round shows the full natural throw combo is still there.

Seems pointless to go for a mixup if its a natural throw combo which both times were caught on a hi counter throw. Makes me believe it can still be escaped even with the normal follow up.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's also possible he just misentered the command and wasn't planning on a mixup. The command could have been changed.

Also, I notice especially with Tina that the hurt/hit boxes don't appear as egregious as DOA4. There's a lot of things evading that would have been hit in DOA4.

Raansu

Eh there's just a bunch of things bothering me. Hearing multiple holds in stuns. Seeing Tina get hit with a counter hit after she did a guard break ( I really hope she just did a slower move or something...) stuns are still a dime a dozen.

BlackOrochi

That 1:02 Guard break situation is kinda preoccupying...

And that 1:26 High counter throw by Tina... whew! Talk about a game changer... It does more damage than Bayman's power blow!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Mother of god thats a lot of throw damage.

I can see the bayman player trying to go for "guaranteed" ground throw setups as well and missing them on occasion... makes me wonder if they are fiddling with things they ought not to be fiddling with.

Oh, and it seems as though for the first time in DOA history 9k is actually useful. You see that launch height? god damn. Also I demand to know who this Bayman player is. He is clearly basing his ideology off of my 3p spam.

Second vid 1:53 that stagger is no longer unholdable.... bad call.

Raansu

Mother of god thats a lot of throw damage.

I can see the bayman player trying to go for "guaranteed" ground throw setups as well and missing them on occasion... makes me wonder if they are fiddling with things they ought not to be fiddling with.

Oh, and it seems as though for the first time in DOA history 9k is actually useful. You see that launch height? god damn. Also I demand to know who this Bayman player is. He is clearly basing his ideology off of my 3p spam.

Second vid 1:53 that stagger is no longer unholdable.... bad call.

So in essence it seems like things are going backwards again like with what doa4 did before launch -_-

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So in essence it seems like things are going backwards again like with what doa4 did before launch -_-

2-017-ff.jpg

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Not exactly. Up, down and sideways honestly. That throw damage alone is fucking crazy and has some rather interesting implications.

If characters start following that model you're going to see people too petrified to counter.

Einzelkind

It almost seems like they want people to say that the throw does too much damage...calling it "Balance Footage" and the player using it like ten times in both videos...is this some kind of Jedi mindtrick?

R4712-VR88

Not exactly. Up, down and sideways honestly. That throw damage alone is fucking crazy and has some rather interesting implications.

If characters start following that model you're going to see people too petrified to counter.

And too petrified means we'll be playing DOA like Tekken. Playing footsies, baiting and whiff punishing. :3

Maybe that's exactly what they want us to do in DOA5? Instead of complaining and playing the game like DOA4 we need to use the new tools in the game to find new ways around being countered. Honestly noone's seen any high level play with DOA5. Just imagine the heavy and accurate use of the sidestepping!

Reactions: d3v
I noticed a couple things in the Ayane vs Tina vid.

0:26 Did 4F+K always have that low invincibility?
2:04 Looks like a throw break. Breaking one of Tina's command throws.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD