DOA5+ for PS Vita

dawnbringer

I'd really just like the move data additions so we can further increase the info on the Wiki.

Indeed. Level of detail in new move details display is amazing, with things like active frames, reach, and holdable frames.
skillinfo_image.png

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
This game isn't meant to replace our console copies. It's mostly a training aid for a lot of us and it'll work swimmingly for that purpose, tag or no. You're kidding yourself if you think you'll play it at home beyond the first day, honestly, and you're not gonna be going online while traveling most of the time since the Vita battery will die lol. I hate seeing features removed but tag isn't a huge omission for 95% of people. The vocal minority is just loud here since we're all big fans.

DR2K

This game isn't meant to replace our console copies. It's mostly a training aid for a lot of us and it'll work swimmingly for that purpose, tag or no. You're kidding yourself if you think you'll play it at home beyond the first day, honestly, and you're not gonna be going online while traveling most of the time since the Vita battery will die lol. I hate seeing features removed but tag isn't a huge omission for 95% of people. The vocal minority is just loud here since we're all big fans.

Well it's still in story mode, so the omission makes little to no sense.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
While I agree with you, space was the likely (read: guaranteed) culprit. Tag is in story, yes, so they have to include animations for that. However full-blown tag has unique animations, dialogue both written and spoken, and likely extra bits of code that goes along with it. They were able to save space by cutting that stuff. Maybe we can see it as a DLC; who knows? Hopefully a free update if they do that though, obviously.

KwonJigglypuff

I don't care about Story Mode, Ryona Mode and the rest. I wanted the basic "signature" of DOA : Tag Mode in the same single game, not like in TTT2, you know. That was part of DOA's identity. They already got ridden of Team Battle, what a shame..

Okay, I'll stop complaining now and wait for an update... :oops: RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't care about Story Mode, Ryona Mode and the rest. I wanted the basic "signature" of DOA : Tag Mode in the same single game, not like in TTT2, you know. That was part of DOA's identity. They already got ridden of Team Battle, what a shame..

Okay, I'll stop complaining now and wait for an update... :oops: RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Wait, there's an actual Ryona mode?

I think those Youtube channel vids have gone to your head kiddo, lol.

synce

Removal of tag is kinda surprising but not really. I'm not sure if it's because nobody plays it or the Vita's 128MB VRAM wasn't enough. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they removed it from DOA6 either, even though I like it NOBODY plays it.

Edit: Just got around to checking TN's twitter... It's pretty funny, they marketed DOA5+ as cross save/DLC/whatever but apparently you can't use DOA5+ DLC in DOA5 (didn't see that in any of the fine print...). To me that practically confirms DOA5U, there's no way they're going to restrict that content to one console. See: Razor's Edge

Jaguar360

Edit: Just got around to checking TN's twitter... It's pretty funny, they marketed DOA5+ as cross save/DLC/whatever but apparently you can't use DOA5+ DLC in DOA5 (didn't see that in any of the fine print...). To me that practically confirms DOA5U, there's no way they're going to restrict that content to one console. See: Razor's Edge
You can transfer your DOA5+ DLC to your PS3 version (yes, including the newly revealed training dummy costumes). I just wish there was some kind of benefit for Xbox 360 users (first the 1.03 patch and now Sony exclusive costumes and crossplay -_-).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Razor's Edge has SmartGlass support, so it's not all wining and dining with Sony. I hear where you're coming from and it's doubtful the costumes will remain exclusive for too long. Sony often signs exclusivity deals with publishers for some content and it very rarely is a permanent thing. I can only really remember the Assassin's Creed 3 stuff recently.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Razor's Edge has SmartGlass support, so it's not all wining and dining with Sony. I hear where you're coming from and it's doubtful the costumes will remain exclusive for too long. Sony often signs exclusivity deals with publishers for some content and it very rarely is a permanent thing. I can only really remember the Assassin's Creed 3 stuff recently.

It's generally a 3-6 month deal, but it's made upon greenlighting and the time delay isn't always consistent across projects as it's generally a negotiating point.

DR2K

Removal of tag is kinda surprising but not really. I'm not sure if it's because nobody plays it or the Vita's 128MB VRAM wasn't enough. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they removed it from DOA6 either, even though I like it NOBODY plays it.

You can use DOA5+ DLC in DOA5(PS3). Where was it said otherwise?

DR2K

In their tweets and youtube video descriptions.

"These ninja training costumes are only available in Dead or Alive 5 Plus (DOA5+), but by using cross-save functionality, the costumes can also be used in Dead or Alive 5 for PlayStation 3. Hayate is wearing blue, and Hayabusa is wearing red.

Even hidden costumes like these can be used on the PS3 with cross-save. And as a little bonus, Hayabusa's costume is also available in the free DOA5+ demo, so you can use it on the PS3 even without the retail version of Dead or Alive 5 Plus!"

"Check out a fight with the new pre-order bonus cheerleader outfits for DOA5+ for PS Vita being used as Cross-Goods in a fight on a PS3 system. Other DLC will be available as Cross-Goods for PS Vita and PS3 as well."

All the DLC shown so far will be in the PS3 version via cross compatibility.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The information out there is misleading, but the very presence of the training outfits on PS3 means it's all cross compatible via the cloud saves. They could mean that you can't download the Vita costumes directly on PS3 and instead need the save transfer. That's my guess.

bingsoo

This port is definitely one of the most impressive games on the Vita performance-wise. After the disappointing NGS2+, I wasn't expecting much, but damn.. 60 fps and slick graphics--some of the best ever for a handheld fighting game. The tutorial mode is helpful too.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just spent some time trying to play with Immerwolf while he was on his PS3. No go.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD