Kodachi

Standard Donor
Finally a trailer~
oh and these..
014.jpg
013.jpg

012.jpg

Dave

i think it's kinda lame they get some improved items that the consoles probably won't get. but hey, i guess that's why they call it doa5+. wonder if any of this will make it to consoles.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Looking very good. This looks like legit, near final footage too and none of the normal upscaled nonsense you can do with the dev kits when performance isn't as important as the screenshots. I love my Vita but this and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ are about the only things I'm looking forward to playing on it this year.

Chaos

Looking very good. This looks like legit, near final footage too and none of the normal upscaled nonsense you can do with the dev kits when performance isn't as important as the screenshots. I love my Vita but this and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ are about the only things I'm looking forward to playing on it this year.
That's all you need for the Vita ;)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I still need to get me one of them fancy newfangled Vitas. $250 for the system plus $40 for the game itself is a lot for one game though.

I already spent that back in 2011 for DOAD too, but that game sucked.

Jaguar360

I still need to get me one of them fancy newfangled Vitas. $250 for the system plus $40 for the game itself is a lot for one game though.

I already spent that back in 2011 for DOAD too, but that game sucked.
I agree about the Vita part (even though I will get one for this, PSO2 in 2014, and Persona 4 Golden), but am I the only one that liked DOA Dimensions? It was not as good as the other main series games, but it was still fun and addicting IMO. 3DS also redeemed itself with its 2012 and 2013 lineup.

Kronin

I agree about the Vita part (even though I will get one for this, PSO2 in 2014, and Persona 4 Golden), but am I the only one that liked DOA Dimensions? It was not as good as the other main series games, but it was still fun and addicting IMO. 3DS also redeemed itself with its 2012 and 2013 lineup.

No, you aren't the only one. Sadly I don't have a 3DS, but from the gameplay, the features and the additions that I seen for that game, I love that game.

The only real bad thing for me is the Tag mode and the impossibility to control both of your characters.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I personally loved DOAD as well. The gameplay may not be as refined compared to DOA5 and merely an upgrade of DOA4, but at least it didn't re-neg any characters from the roster, much less individual character themes (which is a moot point, given DOA5+ will soon resolve that issue). Most of all, I got my dad-gummed trenchcoat costume for Christie, and her Highway Star outfit wasn't half-bad either. Heck, Monty Oum signed his autograph on my copy. Fond memories of DOAD, I have. I wish they had that version of the DOA compilation with DOA5's mechanics and aesthetics.

Back to DOA5+, all I'm looking forward to is whether or not we can expand on the custom soundtracks apart from what's on the preset playlist using our own MP3 files. If so, I'm ecstatic. If not, I'm grateful I'll be able to play music from past games. I sure hope Kasumi Alpha's theme from DOAD made the cut...

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I agree about the Vita part (even though I will get one for this, PSO2 in 2014, and Persona 4 Golden), but am I the only one that liked DOA Dimensions? It was not as good as the other main series games, but it was still fun and addicting IMO.

I hated it because the online was terrible, they nerfed my already bottom tier character, 3-point holds, and projectile attacks.

Back to DOA5+, all I'm looking forward to is whether or not we can expand on the custom soundtracks apart from what's on the preset playlist using our own MP3 files. If so, I'm ecstatic. If not, I'm grateful I'll be able to play music from past games. I sure hope Kasumi Alpha's theme from DOAD made the cut...

I'm wondering that as well. Who knows? If they actually put in something as amazing as cross-platform play, then maybe they did custom soundtracks too.

prototypetom

... and selling the game as a FG first and foremost... if they keep it up I might buy a vita for this after all.

but that first person mode, i hope they didn't waste too much dev time on that :confused:

Chaos

DOAD is a great fighting game for a handheld but it was still retarded. It was addicted though lol.

Jaguar360

I hated it because the online was terrible, they nerfed my already bottom tier character, 3-point holds, and projectile attacks.

I agree. Online was pretty bad and laggy, not to mention that nobody's on. The game was extremely unbalanced (my top two characters, Hayabusa and Hayate, were so overpowered :)). The circle pad makes it hard to do certain moves, too. And it was also pretty easy to hold spam too. I liked its core gameplay, variety of modes, and great selection of characters, though. I would give it 8.2/10.

I can't wait to get my hands on a Vita and play this though. :) It looks great and will get probably patches earlier than the Xbox 360 version.

SilverForte

I agree. Online was pretty bad and laggy, not to mention that nobody's on. The game was extremely unbalanced (my top two characters, Hayabusa and Hayate, were so overpowered :)). The circle pad makes it hard to do certain moves, too. And it was also pretty easy to hold spam too. I liked its core gameplay, variety of modes, and great selection of characters, though. I would give it 8.2/10.

I can't wait to get my hands on a Vita and play this though. :) It looks great and will get probably patches earlier than the Xbox 360 version.

Trust me when I say Genra was worse. He could end matches in seconds with his throw loops. He got guaranteed 6p after 5t, and you could either followup with the second headbutt into combo for at least 130 damage or more, or just throw again. And he has his lightning bolts for long range.

Genras main weakness was how slow he was, his fastest attacks were 13f and 15f. but if you could get going he was insane, I have a combo with him that does 174 damage, more with danger zones, and take note the standard health is 240.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Forlorn Penguin said:
Has it been announced if the Vita version will allow you to upload videos to YouTube like you can on PS3?

I don't know but you should be able to transfer your saved matches to the PS3 and upload them from there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD