DOA5: Mr. Wah goes over the Dead or Alive 5 Demo

R4712-VR88

Currently watching what all I missed cause I had to go to work. You forgot to list that you cannot wake-up kick off the wall!

Relius Starkiller

Ok. . .if BUY Ninja Gaiden 3. . .is the demo on the disc or is it a download?

Becauseit seems like all of the snarky comments I've been making about NG3 are turning out to not be too far from the truth.

A 3 from ign.

Three.

Raansu

Ok. . .if BUY Ninja Gaiden 3. . .is the demo on the disc or is it a download?

Becauseit seems like all of the snarky comments I've been making about NG3 are turning out to not be too far from the truth.

A 3 from ign.

Three.

It's a code you input to download the demo.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Was too busy hanging out with high people playing ST, so I missed this.

ST is not a bad game if you're high.

Also, no one wanted to play DOA. Sorry, Wah, I tried.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Side step i think is just up and the three buttons. I dont think its necessary to push up or down twice for it to work. Similar to DOA2 arcade, you just hold the free button (in this case all three buttons) and then side step.

And everyone can sidestep attack.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

This is true and confirmed on team ninja's site.

Raansu

Large is the new normal, not largest.

Before it used to be:

Normal = 240
Large = 270
Largest = 300

But now it is:

Normal = 270
Large = 300
Largest = 330

I was really hoping they would just have 1 default setting. Really don't want to see the repeat of older DoA's with what life setting to play on with DoA5.

Aion

Assumption on my part, but it sounds like no holding out of it, so you can follow up with a free launcher of your choosing.

Thanks. So, if I'm seeing things correctly...in the Akira trailer, Akira's last hit/stun against Kasumi (before his powerblow) looked like a limbo stun to me. If so, then that would most likely mean that power blows are also guaranteed off of limbo stuns?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't know if PBs are mid attacks or not, but you should just stick try and go for launchers instead.
What are the benefits of a limbo stun?

Bass can get some back turned setups if 6K an opponent in limbo stun when they're backturned, leading to more damage.

Kinda like how Leon can stun with a headbutt, sidestep and 6K someone to reset.

Aion

I don't know if PBs are mid attacks or not, but you should just stick try and go for launchers instead

You forgetting the fact that PB's let you direct where you send the opponent. That's the benefit over a launch combo. If you aren't in position to juggle the opponent into the ideal spot, PB's become your solution to better stage control.

Raansu

I don't know if PBs are mid attacks or not, but you should just stick try and go for launchers instead.

Bass can get some back turned setups if 6K an opponent in limbo stun when they're backturned, leading to more damage.

Kinda like how Leon can stun with a headbutt, sidestep and 6K someone to reset.

Power blows are looking to be more of a whiff punishment move than a replacement for juggles.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
You forgetting the fact that PB's let you direct where you send the opponent. That's the benefit over a launch combo. If you aren't in position to juggle the opponent into the ideal spot, PB's become your solution to better stage control.
Depends how fast they are, really. The way I see it, PBs are too slow even if your opponent is in back turned stun. I mean, are there back turned set up for charge moves? I don't play these games too often.

DrDogg

Assumption on my part, but it sounds like no holding out of it, so you can follow up with a free launcher of your choosing.

Need this confirmed.

Also, not sure why Hayabusa needs an offensive hold when most of the others have been removed. That's not a good sign from my standpoint.

x Sypher x

Need this confirmed.

Also, not sure why Hayabusa needs an offensive hold when most of the others have been removed. That's not a good sign from my standpoint.

Not a good sign? Why not? Like do you mean removing offensive holds is not a good sign?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD