DOA5: Mr. Wah goes over the Dead or Alive 5 Demo

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Need this confirmed.

Also, not sure why Hayabusa needs an offensive hold when most of the others have been removed. That's not a good sign from my standpoint.

Haven't had a second player to test with, but basically you're in a back turned stance so you can struggle but you'll generally still get hit by the launcher.

Also, I did some tests today:

Wall slams are all 5 dmg now instead of 10, with the danger zone wall slams typically being environment triggers now.
A combo in normal hit is all 100% revision, with the launching attack doing 50% revision, and the juggle doing 30%.
Hitting someone in critical state is 75% revision, with the launching attack doing 100% revision, and juggle is 50% revision.

DrDogg

Not a good sign? Why not? Like do you mean removing offensive holds is not a good sign?

I don't mind OHs being gone, but the fact that they took the time to remove them from Hayate, Ayane and Hitomi, while leaving Hayabusa's... He's already getting stuff other characters are lacking. Not a good sign for overall game balance.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I actually said that in my online feedback submission D :). The fact they also gave him an airthrow was o_O!? I'm okay with his OH though as it's only the handstand.

Raansu

Need this confirmed.

Also, not sure why Hayabusa needs an offensive hold when most of the others have been removed. That's not a good sign from my standpoint.

His Izuna off a hold has been changed to an advanced hold that does not catch kicks. Given that change alone I'm alright with him having a OH that he only gets from his hand stand stance.

Although like Sorwah said I went "wtf" when I saw him do a damn air throw. Really? Geez lol.

DrDogg

His Izuna off a hold has been changed to an advanced hold that does not catch kicks. Given that change alone I'm alright with him having a OH that he only gets from his hand stand stance.

Although like Sorwah said I went "wtf" when I saw him do a damn air throw. Really? Geez lol.

Right now Hayabusa is the only character with an air throw or an offensive hold. That's not a good sign of things to come (for game balance).

Holds are also still zero frames, and it doesn't look like the recovery is significantly worse than it used to be.

Still... it's the Alpha build.

Raansu

Right now Hayabusa is the only character with an air throw or an offensive hold. That's not a good sign of things to come (for game balance).

Holds are also still zero frames, and it doesn't look like the recovery is significantly worse than it used to be.

Still... it's the Alpha build.

The entire cast hasn't even been shown yet, so who's to say he's the only character with OH and air throws? And really his air throw doesn't do all that much damage anyways. It's like Spartan's air throws, its there bu no one will use it. Holds being zero frames isn't that big of a deal either. The system is promoting guaranteed setups with both the return of limbo stuns and having the wall bounce being unholdable. The demo alone shows more promise and is already more playable than doa4 ever will be and its only in alpha stage.

After watching Sorwah's stream last night and seeing a knowledgeable player break it down, I have much more faith in the game now than I did a week ago with the trailers we were getting.

And again, Busa's Izunas can only be done on advanced holds now...That is the greatest change ever. Now if he wants an izuna he has to commit to a hold that only catches punches.

DR2K

Hopefully Hayabusa isn't the best grappler in the game. Seriously Team Ninja, people will play as him, save the grapplin for the grapplers.

Aion

Depends how fast they are, really. The way I see it, PBs are too slow even if your opponent is in back turned stun. I mean, are there back turned set up for charge moves? I don't play these games too often.

In the Akira trailer, Akira has enough time to charge the PB and connect with it just before Kasumi hits the ground (from the limbo stun animation). I wasn't basing this on theory; it was a confirmation of what I saw, based on the chance that Limbo stuns cannot actually be held out of.

Black Dragon

I dunno about how they've implemented the sidestep - I would've much preferred a simpler command (tap 8 [or 88] or 2 [or 22]).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Hayabusa getting an air-throw is just bullshit. How's the height for air-throws now? It better be good. I'm betting Bass is still gonna have that piece of shit normal AT other than the old command one.

edit: @Aion: Do different characters have different PBs?

Relius Starkiller

Eh, I think people are reading too much into the air throw.
It'll probably only be worth while to do when theres a dangerzone under your feet (ala Crash Club).

DrDogg

The entire cast hasn't even been shown yet, so who's to say he's the only character with OH and air throws? And really his air throw doesn't do all that much damage anyways. It's like Spartan's air throws, its there bu no one will use it. Holds being zero frames isn't that big of a deal either. The system is promoting guaranteed setups with both the return of limbo stuns and having the wall bounce being unholdable. The demo alone shows more promise and is already more playable than doa4 ever will be and its only in alpha stage.

After watching Sorwah's stream last night and seeing a knowledgeable player break it down, I have much more faith in the game now than I did a week ago with the trailers we were getting.

And again, Busa's Izunas can only be done on advanced holds now...That is the greatest change ever. Now if he wants an izuna he has to commit to a hold that only catches punches.

He's the only character so far, and that's what I was trying to point out. Team Ninja went through the effort of removing OHs from Ayane, Hitomi and Hayate, but left Hayabusa's, and gave him an air throw on top of it.

Of the four move sets we have so far, Hayabusa is the only character with an air throw and an offensive hold. They may not be useful at all, but the fact still remains he has two tools the other characters don't. That's why I'm concerned about the eventual balance of the game.

I agree that this looks better than DOA4, but not by much. However, as I stated, this is just the Alpha build. I won't start to really have an issue with things until the E3 build. If that build isn't up to snuff, then I will be sorely disappointed.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm just worried that they've made Busa a grappler in response to the complaints of "Why are the non-grappler's combo throws breakable but not the grapplers?". I believe his :H+P: is 4 frames - 1 frame faster than Hitomi's or Ayane's.

Much like their decision in Dimensions to remove the throw break from :H+P: because people complained about "Why is every throw not breakable except :H+P:"?

Raansu

He's the only character so far, and that's what I was trying to point out. Team Ninja went through the effort of removing OHs from Ayane, Hitomi and Hayate, but left Hayabusa's, and gave him an air throw on top of it.

Of the four move sets we have so far, Hayabusa is the only character with an air throw and an offensive hold. They may not be useful at all, but the fact still remains he has two tools the other characters don't. That's why I'm concerned about the eventual balance of the game.

I agree that this looks better than DOA4, but not by much. However, as I stated, this is just the Alpha build. I won't start to really have an issue with things until the E3 build. If that build isn't up to snuff, then I will be sorely disappointed.

I'm not too worried about the balance right now. Honestly Busa is Busa, he's TN pet and he's always been stupid strong like that. If he becomes overkill then he can go sit in the corner like Tengu did in DoA2U.

Game Over

I'm not too worried about the balance right now. Honestly Busa is Busa, he's TN pet and he's always been stupid strong like that. If he becomes overkill then he can go sit in the corner like Tengu did in DoA2U.

DOA5 Hayabusa. The "new" T4 Jin (and T6.0 Bob).

Arnell Long

Dat Tomi gon shut him down!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD