DOA5: Mr. Wah goes over the Dead or Alive 5 Demo

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Hayabusa getting an air-throw is just bullshit. How's the height for air-throws now?
The height seems reasonable. It's possible to add it to the end of a juggle. Mr. Wah was doing Hayabusa's :P::P::4::P: juggle and, instead of ending with another :P:, was able to get the air throw in there.

Which also knocks into walls if available. It's also possible to air throw off of a wall hit since hitting into a wall now causes an "air state." So they made Hayabusa this stupid strong mix of both juggling and grappling. How's that for you?

Eh, I think people are reading too much into the air throw.
It'll probably only be worth while to do when theres a dangerzone under your feet (ala Crash Club).
Please see my response to Kitchener above.

x Sypher x

I can only see the air throw being used if his 8KK doesn't fully connect at the end of the string. Now if it's a more powerful alternative then that's a different story. In the case of the wall bounce however I'm sure PP4PP would be a better option. Either way I honestly don't think the air throw is a big deal.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Sound like Leon's delivery service is back in business. He still hasn't delivered that package the president ordered.

Allan Paris

I can only see the air throw being used if his 8KK doesn't fully connect at the end of the string. Now if it's a more powerful alternative then that's a different story. In the case of the wall bounce however I'm sure PP4PP would be a better option. Either way I honestly don't think the air throw is a big deal.

Is it not a big deal becuase you play him or are you seriously saying that it isn't? Good players will find some OD way to add that into some crazy ass juggle. He honestly deosn't need the air throw and I bet his izuna throw still isn't unbreakable.

x Sypher x

Is it not a big deal becuase you play him or are you seriously saying that it isn't? Good players will find some OD way to add that into some crazy ass juggle. He honestly deosn't need the air throw and I bet his izuna throw still isn't unbreakable.

Lol no it's not that, I'm only saying that because I don't fully understand the issue with it. I mean sure it's true he doesn't need an air throw, but they gave him one anyway. I'm sure they can take it back out if enough people push for it. And yeah I don't doubt for a second good players would experiment with that shit for hours (especially Manny). And I can see why you're concerned with whether or not the Izuna is still unbreakable. Grapplers' combo throws are breakable, so why not the Izuna? I guess that makes sense if you look at it that way. Boy that would be some crazy shit lol.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
You know what? The side step animation reminds me of Alpha-152's side step move in Dimensions :8::P+K: and :2::P+K:. Does anyone else get the same vibe? I felt that too many moves tracked in that game to make it really viable though but that could have just been my newb-ness.

R4712-VR88

You know what? The side step animation reminds me of Alpha-152's side step move in Dimensions :8::P+K: and :2::P+K:. Does anyone else get the same vibe? I felt that too many moves tracked in that game to make it really viable though but that could have just been my newb-ness.

I wouldn't know since I still have yet to have her unlocked because the Tag Challenge is such a dumb game mode. :/

x Sypher x

Yes it is lol.

On a side note, I'm actually curious to see Gen Fu, Eliot, Lei Fang and Kasumi. I wonder if their parries will be the same from DOAD where :9::P: parries all highs and mids, and :3::P: parries all lows. I'm not sure if Bayman has a low parry as well, I haven't messed with him yet. But that was a particular change I personally liked and would like to see carried over to DOA5.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Watch the latest video and you'll see it does the same amount as a hi counter hold izuna otoshi -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD