DOA5+'s Lesson Mode and Cross-Platform play announced!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DOA5P_logo.png
Dead or Alive 5 Plus is being released in the United States on March 19, 2013. This doesn't appear to be a simple port as many new features have been added to the game. The recent announcement of the Japanese Collector's Edition provided more details as well. No word to see if any of the updates made for the game will be released in the upcoming patch that Yohei Shimbori mentioned on Twitter.

Something I find interesting with some of the released shots is what appears to be a beach stage that resembles Dead or Alive 3's stage. It remains to be determined if this is a new stage or if the possibility of retro stage DLC is coming soon. Also, the save file and costume packs from your PlayStation 3 will be transferable to your PS Vita, along with the ability to play opponents who are on either system!

l_50d01e9f8d4a3.jpg

In addition, there are improvements being made to the Fight Display data to include range of the attack (unknown if this is an attack's range or the knock back range) and string delay frames as well.

Full list of currently announced features and the Japanese Collector's Edition as follows:
  • Touch-play Mode - This appears to be the First Person mode as announced earlier. Switching the Vita to portrait view will change the play mode to a touch screen mode with two modes of its own. In Mode 1, tap the opponent to attack them in that spot. In Mode 2, touch, flick, and pinch the screen to attack your opponent with more finesse and options. Both methods offer players an instinctive way to fight while seeing their opponent in the highest graphic detail.
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita cross-platform expansion - Players will be able to compete with both PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 users. This will certainly help grow the player base on both systems and further shows that both systems will have the same move data and costume support.
  • Lesson Mode - By completing tasks on actual fighting methods, you can gain the necessary skills and awareness while enjoying the game!
  • BGM customization - You can play your favorite music over the game's default background music

l_50d01ea15c33d.jpg

Japanese Edition:
  • First Production Run Exclusive Costumes - Tina, Ayane, and Kasumi will have an exclusive cheerleader outfit pack for both the Japanese Regular and Collector's Editions. This will be made available for purchase some time after the release of the game.
  • Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes - Unknown if this is the same 12 released for the Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition or a brand new set of 12. This set will be made available as paid DLC after launch. I'm thinking a brand new set due to the swimsuits Kasumi wears on the hug pillow and Ayane has on in the picture below.
  • Download code for an "Extreme Private Gravure" movie - Unknown what exactly the movie is about, but I wouldn't let your imagination wander too long. This will be viewed in the game, not as a separate cart or DLC.
  • "I'm a fighter" custom skin for the PS Vita.
  • Beginners guide with gravure. - I have no clue.
  • "DEAD OR ALIVE 5" Original Soundtrack vol.2.

l_50d01e9f398d7.jpg

Source: Famitsu

Ghosty-J

BGM Customization........ BGM CUSTOMIZATION!?!?

All right, this needs to be patched into the PS3 version ASAP. I'm just itching to use some MadWorld BGM to the Scramble stage so I can replace that cruddy tier-2 music and start liking that stage XP

Chaos

:eek: I must be dreaming.....this can't be real, BGM customization, save data transfer & the graphics are pretty damn close to the console version.TN is stepping their game up!

Edit: I agree with Ghosty-J, BGM customization needs to be patched into the PS3 version ASAP.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
With DOA 5's netcode do you honestly think that the PS3 users are blessed right now to be playing with people on the Vita?

MasterHavik

Wah you don't know what is gravure? :D And i'm getting a vita for xmas. So yes!!! I get the vita version for free!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
3G generally can't be used to play online. That won't be an issue. I'm going to get it but my online play will still likely be done on 360 when I'm feeling masochistic enough to play online.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
With DOA 5's netcode do you honestly think that the PS3 users are blessed right now to be playing with people on the Vita?

I think in the end, and after the patch, it will be an absolutely awesome feature. I've planned to buy the PS3 version for a while now, and now I have a great reason to.

And not only this feature, but you can expect the PS3 could have possible exclusive DLC that Xbox players won't get.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wah you don't know what is gravure? :D And i'm getting a vita for xmas. So yes!!! I get the vita version for free!

I know what gravure is, I was saying I don't know how far they'll take what in the movie or how long the video is, what characters are displayed and what costumes they are wearing.

MasterHavik

I know what gravure is, I was saying I don't know how far they'll take what in the movie or how long the video is, what characters are displayed and what costumes they are wearing.
So you want to see Bass in his C4 without the cape doing his thing?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD